The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

How is Carcass’ Torn arteries mate? Any good?

Oh, Brother...It's a real scorcher...Depends on how you feel about Surgical Steel, though.  It's more in that vein, though probably even a little further in the more melodic Heartwork/Swansong style.

Give it a whirl & let me know what you think!

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The band intends to release more new music. 

Plans will likely change when the singer yet again refuses to go to the studio.

So then they'll have to fall back on all those other fantastic songs he sung, like Zodiac, Berlin, Cuban Skies, PRL, Seven, Rebel, Soul Monster.......

Oh wait.....

Atlas Shrugged/Perhaps EP - coming soon

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pele said:

So then they'll have to fall back on all those other fantastic songs he sung, like Zodiac, Berlin, Cuban Skies, PRL, Seven, Rebel, Soul Monster.......

Oh wait.....

omg you r like the speculation in person

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pele said:

Oh wait.....

once agian blaming axl it's not all axl you know it's managment and maybe even slash he seems to focus on smkc more than guns atm

I know we would all want new music from scratch with axls vocals from 2016 onwards just to know how he sounds in studio.

That said, if vocals already recorded are the best he can sound, I’ll take those happily.

Hardschool vocals sound great, they shouldnt be changed.

Im more concerned about what these guys (Axl+Slash) can bring to the table together as a band again. And that would obviously mean actual vocals as well

6 hours ago, yourcrazy said:

With the announcement of the 4 song ep being released does that mean the full album is still a ways out or not happening?

They’re really promoting the hell out of this EP thing, and that’s a bit of a red flag. 

If no album drops by November, I think it’s safe to say that the best we can hope for is an “Atlas Shrugged EP” in mid to late 2022. Not exactly ideal. 😕

On 9/28/2021 at 1:44 PM, oneway23 said:

Maybe I'm missing a piece of some larger point out of context, but, this just isn't true. 

In the last couple of months, I've received Iron Maiden's Senjutsu, Carcass' Torn Arteries, and River of Nihil's The Work day and date with the release day from Amazon.

There are some lingering vinyl production issues stemming from the pandemic, of course, and, most every band is doing limited edition colored vinyl restricted to a certain number, in order to maximize profits against cost, but, I'd say, by and large, other than some smaller bands who do delayed pressings based on the number of orders, most mainstream bands are not shipping physical releases months after a release date has passed.  

Again, I might be missing your point, but, it's all about capitalizing on the first two weeks of release to the die-hards.  Any later than that, these days, and it's on to the next thing.

Then why is the new Nirvana set that went on sale last week shipping in May? Why is the new Gaga remix album that is currently available to download also shipping on vinyl in May? The Charlie Parker live set was supposed to drop on the second record store day but was pushed to Black Friday because of pressing delays. Pearl Jam's vaults usually take 3-4 months to ship and this last one took almost 9. Those are all huge acts. Even that Maiden was kind of a mess with many record stores not getting the amount they ordered, and still getting them delivered now. I'm sitting on 6 records that I ordered a while ago that still aren't coming for months. Guns certainly waited too long to send the songs to get pressed, but it's not just them. 

Edited by GoBucky
  • Thanks 1

It's actually a bit of a mystery why GN'R can't seem to release any music. They used to be incredibly prolific. 5 albums of material from 87-91 if we include TSI. And CD apparently Axl wanted to release it twice but was turned down by the label? Now with Slash and Duff who can do an album in two weeks are there to help him, yet nothing happens. The argument that there aren't any vocals just can't be possible. He had a pretty good voice just 5 years ago and more than passable just a few years ago. Are we to believe he was just demented when he said there were several albums in the works? There has to be a lot more than Atlas. If that is true we should expect to see it within a year or so, to support a dwindling tour. 

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, GoBucky said:

Then why is the new Nirvana set that went on sale last week shipping in May? Why is the new Gaga remix album that is currently available to download also shipping on vinyl in May? The Charlie Parker live set was supposed to drop on the second record store day but was pushed to Black Friday because of pressing delays. Pearl Jam's vaults usually take 3-4 months to ship and this last one took almost 9. Those are all huge acts. Even that Maiden was kind of a mess with many record stores not getting the amount they ordered, and still getting them delivered now. I'm sitting on 6 records that I ordered a while ago that still aren't coming for months. Guns certainly waited too long to send the songs to get pressed, but it's not just them. 

I take your point, and, again, I certainly acknowledged various pandemic-related vinyl delays, but, many of your examples are also a bit apples to oranges.

- The Nirvana set is SEVEN LPs.  The 1LP version, with bonus 7" is actually coming out day & date, in November.  Still, comparing a seven LP deluxe set to a measly 7" single is not even in the same ballpark.

- The Charlie Parker was a RSD exclusive, wasn't it?  OK, it got delayed, but it moved from one RSD to another.  As a RSD release, it wasn't going have a normal release date. 

- The Pearl Jam vault sets are semi-annual, specialty releases.  They aren't official discography studio releases.  You'd have a point if Gigaton didn't ship on time last March.  It did.

- As far as Maiden goes, even if stock had been a bit up and down, it was officially released day and date with the CD and digital, not to mention it was a full-length, double-LP, released in multiple variations.   You could receive the album on release day.  Calling it "kind of a mess" is subjective, and comparing it to GNR releasing a 7" single NINE months from now is a bit ridiculous.

- I'll give you Gaga.  Haven't paid attention to her since Joanne :lol:

Let's not go back and forth, trying to find examples that prove our respective points.  The pandemic has screwed a lot of supply chains up, but, nine months for a single, in any environment, is just....ABSURD:bitchfight:

Edited by oneway23

9 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

I take your point, and, again, I certainly acknowledged various pandemic-related vinyl delays, but, many of your examples are also a bit apples to oranges.

- The Nirvana set is SEVEN LPs.  The 1LP version, with bonus 7" is actually coming out day & date, in November.  Still, comparing a seven LP deluxe set to a measly 7" single is not even in the same ballpark.

- The Charlie Parker was a RSD exclusive, wasn't it?  OK, it got delayed, but it moved from one RSD to another.  As a RSD release, it wasn't going have a normal release date. 

- The Pearl Jam vault sets are semi-annual, specialty releases.  They aren't official discography studio releases.  You'd have a point if Gigaton didn't ship on time last March.  It did.

- As far as Maiden goes, even if stock had been a bit up and down, it was officially released day and date with the CD and digital, not to mention it was a full-length, double-LP, released in multiple variations.   You could receive the album on release day.  Calling it "kind of a mess" is subjective, and comparing it to GNR releasing a 7" single NINE months from now is a bit ridiculous.

- I'll give you Gaga.  Haven't paid attention to her since Joanne :lol:

Let's not go back and forth, trying to find examples that prove our respective points.  The pandemic has screwed a lot of supply chains up, but, nine months for a single, in any environment, is just....ABSURD:bitchfight:

I'm seriously not trying to go back and forth, but if these pressing plants weren't so backed up because of Covid and lack of room/help, none of these releases would be delayed. The Metallica box was bigger than Nirvana's and came out on it's release date because they have their own plant. There certainly shouldn't be a 9 month delay on a 7" single, and wouldn't be if the band took care of their business in a timely manner, but the problems are there and apparently getting worse. I read an article last week saying that one pressing plant isn't taking in any new orders until at least mid-2022, which sucks as a collector.

Edited by GoBucky

14 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

I'm seriously not trying to go back and forth, but if these pressing plants weren't so backed up because of Covid and lack of room/help, none of these releases would be delayed. The Metallica box was bigger than Nirvana's and came out on it's release date because they have their own plant. There certainly shouldn't be a 9 month delay on a 7" single, and wouldn't be if the band took care of their business in a timely manner, but the problems are there and apparently getting worse. I read an article last week saying that one pressing plant isn't taking in any new orders until at least mid-2022, which sucks as a collector.

Holy shee.mid-2022??  That really sucks.  Lucky for GN'R, they won't have a new album by then, so, they'll have nothing more to press:lol:

Sounds like they had better start making proper plans now for the second 2-song single releasing in the Fall of 2022, though! :P

3 hours ago, sofine11 said:

They’re really promoting the hell out of this EP thing, and that’s a bit of a red flag. 

If no album drops by November, I think it’s safe to say that the best we can hope for is an “Atlas Shrugged EP” in mid to late 2022. Not exactly ideal. 😕

Why "it's safe to say?"

At this point, what seems more plausible and realistic, all things considered (no pun intended), is Slash album (already announced) and tour in the first half of 2022 and GnR album and tour in the second half.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Why "it's safe to say?"

At this point, what seems more plausible and realistic, all things considered (no pun intended), is Slash album (already announced) and tour in the first half of 2022 and GnR album and tour in the second half.

That's what I think will happen too if nothing more comes out this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oneway23 said:

Holy shee.mid-2022??  That really sucks.  Lucky for GN'R, they won't have a new album by then, so, they'll have nothing more to press:lol:

Sounds like they had better start making proper plans now for the second 2-song single releasing in the Fall of 2022, though! :P

Haha...isn't that the truth!

• GNFNR 1

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Why "it's safe to say?"

This is something that I hope for but I can't see no hints for that other than the typical GNR-fan-ism which is: 'That’s the right time for *insert random event* because of *insert random explanation*'

Don't get me wrong, with every other band I'd say you're right, but we're talking about GNR and Axl Rose here. A single release is huge, but it doesn't mean there's more to come by any means. Like take what you get, thats all we have...

Still I hope your overall knowledge of this band allows you a more in-depth look than me and your gut feeling (if that's all you're relying on) is  nearer to the truth than mine.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sofine11 said:

They just put it on the social media and are working on a physical release. To promote the hell out of it, they'd have to a) make a proper video clip, b) give interviews, c) appear on some TV or web or something. None of these things have happened, and they are going the old safe Axl way, i.e. no publicity other than playing it live. Still cool, I'm glad something is happening, but it's far from a normal - let alone ideal - situation. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The band intends to release more new music. 

Any new confirmation of this? 

16 hours ago, sofine11 said:

If no album drops by November, I think it’s safe to say that the best we can hope for is an “Atlas Shrugged EP” in mid to late 2022. Not exactly ideal. 

What makes you think album by NOV? and why did you say AS? 

As much as I love AS, it would not be strong enough for single, but then again, they released Silkworms 😂 

Do any of my Aussie (and maybe Kiwi) mates here remember Regurgitator and Band in a Bubble? For the uninitiated, Regurgitator is an electro-pop-rock band that was locked inside a glass recording studio in Melbourne and forced to make an album in 21 days. They were recorded live on tv, 24/7, for the whole country to watch. They should lock GN'R in a bubble and do the same, lol.

Here's an overview:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Do any of my Aussie (and maybe Kiwi) mates here remember Regurgitator and Band in a Bubble? For the uninitiated, Regurgitator is an electro-pop-rock band that was locked inside a glass recording studio in Melbourne and forced to make an album in 21 days. They were recorded live on tv, 24/7, for the whole country to watch. They should lock GN'R in a bubble and do the same, lol.

Here's an overview:

This is like a direct opposite of Axl’s life when they aren’t touring :rofl-lol:

• Haha 1