The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

1 hour ago, metallex78 said:

Last time Slash got frustrated with GN’R like this was in 1996, and he later quit. I sure hope 2020 doesn’t go down that path again... 

I don't think it will be the same thing this time around - unlike in '96 Slash has rejoined GNR with a solo career already long established and it has continued while he has been in GNR.  So even with no new albums, he has the freedom to still do his thing, and then hook up with GNR every once in a while for shows even if Axl still is Axl and is allergic to really getting the material out

And now, considering the money they are making as a reunited GNR, I doubt that Slash would ever say no to spending some time with GNR touring any given year for that amount of money lol

It would suck for the fans if no new album ever occurs, however I am not afraid of Slash quitting GNR again

• Like 4
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Posted Images

This is turning into what happened when the Stone Roses reformed in 2012. They milked their fans to death with an endless touring cycle with a promise of a new album on the way.

In the end they split up again and the album never came out, and all we got was 2 pretty average songs. Will we even get that with this GNR reunion I wonder?

GNR seriously need to AT LEAST play one or two new songs live in this upcoming 'next chapter' to give fans some proper evidence that new material is being worked on. Otherwise there really should be utter outrage towards the band and management.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

This is turning into what happened when the Stone Roses reformed in 2012. They milked their fans to death with an endless touring cycle with a promise of a new album on the way.

In the end they split up again and the album never came out, and all we got was 2 pretty average songs. Will we even get that with this GNR reunion I wonder?

GNR seriously need to AT LEAST play one or two new songs live in this upcoming 'next chapter' to give fans some proper evidence that new material is being worked on. Otherwise there really should be utter outrage towards the band and management.

Slash has to find some way to pay child support and keep his income rolling. He can't do that without Guns. At this point, Guns is a symbiotic relationship between Axl and Slash, with Duff holding on in the middle.

1 hour ago, jackparker123 said:

Ha it's come down to 2 new songs sounding a lot for a GNR fan. 

1 hour ago, jackparker123 said:

We already have 2 "new" songs. Shadow of Your Love and Rock the Rock. IT'S TIME TO ROCK & ROLL.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Let's look at the silver lining here. We may not get music soon, but we only have to wait another 20 years or so until Axl dies. Then Fernando will inherit his estate and open the vault, guaranteed. Fernando wouldn't be able to contain his excitement for cashing in on Guns N' Roses and Axl Rose.

If that happened, I think all the money you can spend on toy trucks and bags combined wouldn’t be enough for the kind of prices Nando would put on such merchandize...

2 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

I'm not even really that much of a Stone Roses fan, but to be fair to them, they reformed, and went straight to the studio and DID record. They released two singles, decided they weren't really good enough and canned the project. I respect that quite a lot- they gave it a go and had the self-awareness to work out it wasn't working. Rather than cash in and just release all the stuff they'd recorded anyway they thought it best to leave it. I don't think they especially dangled the carrot of new material- they just made no secret about the fact they were in a studio writing and recording. Which was totally true...that the results weren't good enough is totally fair enough. They'd lost their magic, and they presumably knew it. 

I wouldn't say either that they 'milked their fans to death'. They did a few shows, which seemed to go down well, then split up again as they saw no point continuing. 

Their initial reunion lasted tour just over ONE YEAR , and they did just 50 shows across the world, had a break, did some writing, recording, then did a few last shows in 2016/2017 before going their separate ways. 

Compare that to what GNR are doing.......

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

The thing is if they play new tracks first we're gonna be in that CD situation again where we're hearing live versions and not getting the album versions until a few years later. 

Not necessarily. The same situation was with both Appetite and Illusions – and the record was out that year.

11 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I personally think the album or any recording is done. I think the band have a different agenda to what UMG do in terms of promotion and releasing. Discussions have stalled either because the band as a whole, or UMG or just axl has issues with how it should be released and cant or wont make a decision.

I really wouldn’t bring anyone into this besides the band themselves. No company is going to stop them from releasing anything. What could they even want to do that GNR doesn’t? Nowadays a label is just a fancy distribution service anyway. It’s not like they have full control over everything that happens.

Only people to blame for not releasing music is the band themselves, and their management. The whole “issues with the label” and “it’s because of the nature of the industry right now” is all just meaningless.

Any band or person can release any song they want at any time. Artists do it. Every. Single. Day.

Slash and Duff release albums for days and then suddenly, they’re in they’re main band and it’s like “How do we do this???”

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

The thing is if they play new tracks first we're gonna be in that CD situation again where we're hearing live versions and not getting the album versions until a few years later. 

The 2001/2002 live versions of Street Of Dreams are a million times better than what was on CD, so maybe it would be best to hear the stuff before a few more years of Axl tinkering.