The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Somewhere Brent Fitz, Todd Kerns and Seth Rollins are just waiting for GN'R to implode with this record to get on that Slash money again.:lol:

I read somewhere slash had said he was writing material for both gnr and smkc at the time. Im sure a new smkc album/tour is on the cards during the next gnr break. 

28 minutes ago, vloors said:

I read somewhere slash had said he was writing material for both gnr and smkc at the time. Im sure a new smkc album/tour is on the cards during the next gnr break. 

Someone involved with SMKC told me last week at NAMM that we might see SMKC again in 2021, depending on Myles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got into this band when I was about 12 in 2004, and in 16 years I've gotten a single album release from them. We ain't getting shit, and now we don't even really have old CD leaks to look forward to anymore since we got so many a few months back. It's nostalgia tours all the way down.

2 hours ago, WildStar said:

It's funny how Bumblefoot went from GNR to the Art Of Anarchy project. They recorded 2 albums, had 2 singers and played about 13 shows. It's as if he want the opposite of Guns N' Roses 

His done another 2 albums with sons of apollo after those.

Sons of Apollo is his more recent band. Check them out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WildStar said:

It's funny how Bumblefoot went from GNR to the Art Of Anarchy project. They recorded 2 albums, had 2 singers and played about 13 shows. It's as if he want the opposite of Guns N' Roses 

Well, AoA had a lot of issues with lead singers as well. Scott sang on the album but later called them a scam and said he was never the 'lead singer'. Scott Stapp was later sued by the band because they felt he wasnt putting in the hours, doing 80 solo shows compared to the 13 with AoA. They were dropped from their label and has been pretty quiet since 2017.

If GNR's or Axls problem is marketing then why not drop a new single every friday, with the last single the physical album comes out for the people who want the CD or Vinyl, while Spotify, Apple Music, etc... will only have the singles. Say 15 songs 15 weeks, if each song is released at once then it gets a fair share at making the charts.

• Like 2

it's possible the goal with a potential Gn'R release is to achieve greater success compared to other hard rock/metal bands of a similar caliber.

maybe Axl wants a huge promotion budget/studio budget and it's gotta work for the record company from a financial stand point as well. I think the album needs to be good enough musically for Axl, Slash, and Duff so while it's about getting it right in the studio, it also needs to work on a business level.

we can talk as much as we want about how easy it is for other bands to release albums or how Iron Maiden, Metallica, and even Tool managed to release albums that found relative success but what if it's not the goal Axl is shooting for?

seems like for Axl, if it's got the Gn'R name on it, the scope of everything is different so while it was still somewhat attainable to generate sales in 2008 by cutting a freaky deal with Best Buy (and Axl still didn't promote it cause he felt Chinese didn't get the support it deserved) in 2020 it's much more challenging if selling 300,000 copies is not really what will make it worth for Axl to release.

I don't really see them releasing anything less than a full album so why do all the work and get it to where it's musically in the right place only to see it do "ok"? doesn't make sense if you're Gn'R in a way. Better to carefully look at all the options and find the best way that works for you especially when they can still afford to wait until they're ready to put all their chips on a plan that they believe in and who knows if they even finished work on the product they want to sell.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, LovelessNL said:

Well, AoA had a lot of issues with lead singers as well. Scott sang on the album but later called them a scam and said he was never the 'lead singer'. Scott Stapp was later sued by the band because they felt he wasnt putting in the hours, doing 80 solo shows compared to the 13 with AoA. They were dropped from their label and has been pretty quiet since 2017.

They certainly had issues with singers. But still managed 2 albums. I love the album with Weiland.

I wish GNR had these problems. 2 albums in 2 years

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, vloors said:

His done another 2 albums with sons of apollo after those.

Sons of Apollo is his more recent band. Check them out.

Yeah I haven't got round to checking them out. I saw a Bumblefoot solo show, in a pub, a few years ago and he was pretty entertaining. 

29 minutes ago, Rovim said:

it's possible the goal with a potential Gn'R release is to achieve greater success compared to other hard rock/metal bands of a similar caliber.

maybe Axl wants a huge promotion budget/studio budget and it's gotta work for the record company from a financial stand point as well. I think the album needs to be good enough musically for Axl, Slash, and Duff so while it's about getting it right in the studio, it also needs to work on a business level.

we can talk as much as we want about how easy it is for other bands to release albums or how Iron Maiden, Metallica, and even Tool managed to release albums that found relative success but what if it's not the goal Axl is shooting for?

seems like for Axl, if it's got the Gn'R name on it, the scope of everything is different so while it was still somewhat attainable to generate sales in 2008 by cutting a freaky deal with Best Buy (and Axl still didn't promote it cause he felt Chinese didn't get the support it deserved) in 2020 it's much more challenging if selling 300,000 copies is not really what will make it worth for Axl to release.

I don't really see them releasing anything less than a full album so why do all the work and get it to where it's musically in the right place only to see it do "ok"? doesn't make sense if you're Gn'R in a way. Better to carefully look at all the options and find the best way that works for you especially when they can still afford to wait until they're ready to put all their chips on a plan that they believe in and who knows if they even finished work on the product they want to sell.

That's a fair point. Axl is a perfectionist so won't want to put just anything out. But no matter how good it is it's never going to sell like 80s or 90s albums. After all these years he's got to have a ton of quality material. 

Bands release albums to tour rather than for sales these days. So a new album would secure future touring and ticket prices. 

9 minutes ago, WildStar said:

They certainly had issues with singers. But still managed 2 albums. I love the album with Weiland.

I wish GNR had these problems. 2 albums in 2 years

The AOA album with Scott Weiland is fantastic.

The one with Stapp is only okay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WildStar said:

That's a fair point. Axl is a perfectionist so won't want to put just anything out. But no matter how good it is it's never going to sell like 80s or 90s albums. After all these years he's got to have a ton of quality material. 

Bands release albums to tour rather than for sales these days. So a new album would secure future touring and ticket prices. 

maybe they're not desperate just yet cause they can still draw respectable numbers. People still want to see them with no new material released in 2020 so they still have time to figure out how to approach it while they keep making money.

It's unfortunate Axl operates in this way, but my guess is they're gonna just tour this year and maybe they'll do some recordings during breaks but Axl can barely do 1 thing at a time so as long as they're still actively touring I don't think anything will be announced, released, or even completed.

Edited by Rovim

To me they don't have to release anything immediately just have to play a new song for this SuperBowl gig to show us you're at least heading in a different direction. NITL was Awesome but it's run it's course. NOW is the time to show us if this is just a Nostalgic Cash Hog or an Actual F'N rock band!!