The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yep, same here. If they have no intention of releasing new music, I'd be happy to support them if they would just inform their fans.

This.

Also, this is part of the reason why I had no sympathy for Axl/Brazil when songs leaks. They (mainly TB, mainly Fernando) would always tease the fans about new music, not so much in a "the band is going to release new music" but more in a sense of "you fans, always whining for new music...whaaa, whaaa, whaa". Then would go on to say that he'd heard new music and it was great. Basically dangling the carrot in front of the horse, and the horse (fans) finally kicked him and got the carrot, then he (amongst others within the circle) looked at the horse and said "we were going to plant a whole carrot garden for you, we were going to do it tomorrow, but now since you did this you will never have that or a single carrot again". Same thing that happened with the last batch of leaks, the songs constantly rubbed in the fans' faces, with no true intent of an official release, they leak and they want to act like we were going to get an album within a month based off of those songs....yeah right.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Nope - it's just some knock-off bootleg. No idea why it's linked! 

They've had some odd bootlegs show up linked to their official channels. Not sure if it's still there, but Deer Creek was available in their Spotify account for a bit too. 

12 hours ago, rebeldhipi said:

Im pretty sure nothing major will happen this week. 1-2 songs will be broadcasted after the show. 

There still can be a annoucement of some sorts this spring

Plus i think the "all new show" didnt concern this super bowl thing. This is more of a one off

Yep this is definitely a one-off. I'm not even sure of the SA shows would fall under the 'all new show / next chapter' BS, as far as I'm aware only the Euro leg was marketed as that. Could mean that whatever we might get would drop between the end (April 11th) of the SA leg and the start (May 20th) of the Euro leg?

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

They've had some odd bootlegs show up linked to their official channels. Not sure if it's still there, but Deer Creek was available in their Spotify account for a bit too. 

I would say "weird"......but when it comes to GNR it's like saying "catholic" in relation to the Pope! 

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Yep this is definitely a one-off. I'm not even sure of the SA shows would fall under the 'all new show / next chapter' BS, as far as I'm aware only the Euro leg was marketed as that. Could mean that whatever we might get would drop between the end (April 11th) of the SA leg and the start (May 20th) of the Euro leg?

Possible. In any case, they should start playing some new stuff right off. 

6 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

Slash Says Music Industry Changes Make Guns N' Roses 'Not Really Sure' About Next Album

These "excuses" are old and tiresome.  Yes, it has changed, FOR ALL ARTIST, but yet on these guys can seem to figure it out?  BS!  if they wanted to release music they would.  Maybe call green day, pearl jam , eminem, and on and on.  They will help you

Yeah, we've talked about this a lot recently. 

It's somehow always more difficult for GNR than any other band. Like others have mentioned, I think this is just Slash putting a public face on Axl's refusal to release new music. 

Every other artist finds a way to be successful in the changing climate, yet we're supposed to believe it's just different for GNR? Nah... It's just a BS line to use as an excuse because they don't want to release new music. 

• Like 3

This band is on fringe of committing the cardinal sin of being BORING. 

Slash is obviously just regurgitating whatever weak-ass lines he's being fed by Axl and Team Brazil in regard to why this album will not be released to coincide with the upcoming tour.  It makes them all look utterly retarded. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yes the landscape has changed but the changes actually make it easier to release new music.  Gone are the days of having to satisfy the label and make concessions regarding content and sound direction.  They literally can do anything they want and release it on any one of the multitude of social media outlets.  I would think they could find a way to market a three song mini album on I tunes.  There would be plenty of hype and I’m sure they would still sell pretty damn good.  They could easily do this three or four times over the next couple years.  It would generate some interest in the band and please the hardcore fans. They are not going to get a 14M Best Buy deal anymore, but they still can find a way to get something out there quickly.  I really think at this point they just don’t give a damn.  I would think Axl would still want to create and prove that they still can put out some great material, but I guess not. 

I think that my heart would stop for a few seconds if I saw a sudden release of something with Axl and Slash...

I know Izzy and Duff are a great part of the GnR we all love...but just imagine something out of the blue with this 2 guys. 

I can remember when I first listened to Back in the Saddle with Baz and the feeling of listening something new with Axl is impossible for me to put into words.

I know it's just music but these are feelings I can't handle hahaha

• Like 1