The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Agreed - Pearl Jam were the least exciting of the grunge bands. AIC, Soundgarden and Nirvana were better IMO. I know loads of folk who love PJ.......I just don’t see it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Right. And their latest single is a poor man's David Bowie. I appreciate their war against Ticketmaster in the '90s. I appreciate their varied set lists, and all the live shows they put out for fans. They operate the way I'd love GNR to operate. But, man, I just don't like Vedder's voice and singing style. Never have and never will. I prefer Mother Love Bone, which was basically PJ without Eddie.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

It's clearly going to be announced in a few days (or just after the holidays), along with the first single.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Right. And their latest single is a poor man's David Bowie. I appreciate their war against Ticketmaster in the '90s. I appreciate their varied set lists, and all the live shows they put out for fans. They operate the way I'd love GNR to operate. But, man, I just don't like Vedder's voice and singing style. Never have and never will. I prefer Mother Love Bone, which was basically PJ without Eddie.

Yeah, Vedders voice doesn’t do it for me. Neither did Cobains but at least Nirvana had some tunes. The only PJ song I really like is Do The Evoulution - if Even Flow/Alive/Jeremy played on the radio I’d turn it over.

11 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

We will merely move the goalposts, right? And switch our hope to the start of the next tour leg.

Nah. I understand how others might, but I won't have any hope for later in the year if something doesn't happen on Friday. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Nah. I understand how others might, but I won't have any hope for later in the year if something doesn't happen on Friday. 

This. If they'd squander that opportunity to introduce "something" new I'm checked out.  I'll still visit the forums to bullshit with other fans, but my expectations will be absolutely shot.

• Like 3

What would you have thought if Chinese had come out in 2001 2002 with the tracklist off one of the recent leaked cd's. Don't quote me on the order but the track listing was

Madagascar

The blues

Chinese Democracy

Catcher in the Rye

Rhiad

perhaps

silk worms

There was a Time

IRS

Prostitute

While this version is missing Better, This I love, Shacklers and Sorry which would have been disappointing... it also would have had rawer mixes and Josh on drums. The tracklist is pretty good. I think if they would have just released this for the 2001-2002 era. It would have sold way better, been received better and sounded less bloated.... and we'd likely have another album or two by now.

9 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

This. If they'd squander that opportunity to introduce "something" new I'm checked out.  I'll still visit the forums to bullshit with other fans, but my expectations will be absolutely shot.

Same here. I'll always visit this place and post in the main section, but I just won't have any hope of something good happening with GNR. 

Other than that, I've got more than enough going on that I can put energy into. Things that will yield actually results as opposed to hoping for GNR to do something lol

• Like 1

Idk, Miami is only a one off show and one they might want to play it safe with. My cut off date has been the start of the actual tour for a while, though I agree that using the Miami show to start promotion would be the best way to do that, and if nothing happens it’s definitely gonna damage what little hope I have that a new album is coming. I won’t give up hope completely until the tour starts and nothing has been at least announced. I’ll also give up hope if the US tour is announced without a new album because it would be a really dumb move to market that without a new album, if one was coming.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

The new PJ single is not good.  The single sounds something like the Talking Heads. 

5 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

Like an Axl announcement from the stage?  

I ran down my hope a week ago or so, but what I would love to see happen is have a new single come out that morning followed by them playing it live that night. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Duwz said:

They're starting to post stuff from this, so far I saw SCOM and PC

The playlist is on their SoundCloud and I think Apple Music as well but none of it can be accessed right now. Wonder what they’re planning on doing with these

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Their latest single makes Axl's experimental Silk Worms era sound like Beethoven. I seriously thought it was a joke when I heard it. Like, is this shit for real? Completely ridiculous.

I just think GNR will "play it safe" at the Superbowl show and go with the usual set. 

I turned on my TV yesterday and the Grammys happened to be on and Aerosmith was out there. I was like, "Woah, they have an old rock band at the Grammys?" Then again, I don't know if that's a shock because I really haven't watched an awards show in years.

Anyway, Aerosmith was out there doing their thing. My girlfriend walked into the room and watched a minute of it before saying, "Can you imagine if Guns N' Roses ever did something like this?"

And I told her, "I was just thinking the same thing. How cool would it be if they just showed up out of nowhere? But they would never. And the last time Axl did anything like this was all the way back in 2002."

4 hours ago, slash23579 said:

Idk, Miami is only a one off show and one they might want to play it safe with. My cut off date has been the start of the actual tour for a while, though I agree that using the Miami show to start promotion would be the best way to do that, and if nothing happens it’s definitely gonna damage what little hope I have that a new album is coming. I won’t give up hope completely until the tour starts and nothing has been at least announced. I’ll also give up hope if the US tour is announced without a new album because it would be a really dumb move to market that without a new album, if one was coming.

I agree that the SB is play it safe. One of the big 3 songs.If nothing new is debuted at the SA gigs, then there is no new material released this year.

Edited by Sydney Fan
5 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I guess the big takeaway from the interview is there is material. So it’s just a case of when now.

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That being the big takeaway is a real bummer since we've known that since 2002

But this is material with Slash on it.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, allwaystired said:

So.....the official youtube channel is publishing videos from bootlegs? I've no idea what to make of that, on so many levels! 

Especially after all of these takedowns that were done.

4 hours ago, slash23579 said:

The playlist is on their SoundCloud and I think Apple Music as well but none of it can be accessed right now. Wonder what they’re planning on doing with these

honnestly just seems live another greatest hits live album but seeing as how its pretty much all afd stuff (except kohd and mama kin) one can only hope it means izzy and steven might be back in some way shape or form

39 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

But this is material with Slash on it.

Right, but the same guy is still steering the ship, regardless of who's playing on the songs. 

48 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

honnestly just seems live another greatest hits live album but seeing as how its pretty much all afd stuff (except kohd and mama kin) one can only hope it means izzy and steven might be back in some way shape or form

I wonder if this means a potential  official release?. I would never beleive an AFD5 reunion would ever happen. I still think axl hates steve to this day for taking the band to court in the early 90s.

1 hour ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

I'd be surprised, they used to have a lot more audios of concerts that never got released. Just all got taken down eventually

Guys do you not get it yet? We’re being punished for all the criticism and other shit that has occurred on the various forums since the days of Renate and Soze. There will be no new music 😂

Edited by gavgnr

I have been thinking about this for 5 hours a day for 12 years and I'm 89% sure Axl will release another Gn'R record but it won't be anytime soon cause he probably doesn't know when himself cause it moves in slow motion. He always finds a reason to do something else but this is how it is. Just because nothing gets released this year doesn't really mean anything.

• Like 1