The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

One would think that if they're doing a US tour, a record is definitely getting released, or at least new songs are gonna be played. 

Then again, you could think the same about the European leg. 

Just dozens of hours to go. 

One would think 3 - 4 years into a tour that the band would come together in the realisation that the same old, same old is not as exciting for fans as they think. 

I really, really don't think a new album is coming this year. They are either doing a complete swerve or I'm right, because it's basically February and there's no listing for a GNR album on the labels site, there's no hints from anyone in the band that there's any imminent plans, and there's absolutely no build up in the media... there are loads of ways for GNR to release a new album, but I think they need to go big. Huge roll out, hype it to the moon! tease it and build interest. Similar to the way Metallica released Death magnetic... which was 12yrs ago, but the tactic would still work today!

It's just so disappointing to know they have music ready that they won't release, Bumblefoot was the only sane person to ever be in GNR... release a song before each leg of a tour! duh!!! You can stay on an endless tour then! Eventually you have to release a whole package but it's a win, win for the band and fans! All these bands saying "records don't sell" it's BS. Release a great album and people will hear it. Aerosmith for example, they complain about the latest album not getting a reaction, but it had what 3 maybe 4 good tracks? Aerosmith are an album band, 3-4 good songs is fine for a teen idol artist, but bands need good to great albums from top to bottom! otherwise people aren't investing in it, especially not now! when you have every album/artist at your fingertips!

• Like 2

There will not be a new album. The same problems that existed in 1991 prior to the release of the illusion albums are still prevalent today, only they are intensified because Axl has effective total control. Axl felt he was pressured to release the illusions and also felt similar feelings along with being fucked over by the label during the release of Chinese. All of this will have (rightly or wrongly) left a very bad taste in Axl’s mouth in respect of anything to do with new music. Hence why all we get now is $1000 trinket boxes, shitty trucks and laundry bags. No offence to anyone here who bought these, but whilst we keep buying this shit they’ll keep putting it out, most likely instead of new music.

it really is a shame and we’re the ones who suffer as a result. We aren’t ‘entitled’ fans as TB suggest. We just love the band and there is NOTHING wrong with wanting new music. 

I am SO fucking god we got the leaks last year. Finally so good to hear new music and many of the instrumentals show a FUCKING LOT of promise. Too bad we won’t hear them until we’re most likely too old to enjoy them. Still, I’ll be rocking to Soul Monster on my MP3000 player whilst I go collect my pension.

Edited by gavgnr

28 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

One would think 3 - 4 years into a tour that the band would come together in the realisation that the same old, same old is not as exciting for fans as they think. 

I really, really don't think a new album is coming this year. They are either doing a complete swerve or I'm right, because it's basically February and there's no listing for a GNR album on the labels site, there's no hints from anyone in the band that there's any imminent plans, and there's absolutely no build up in the media... there are loads of ways for GNR to release a new album, but I think they need to go big. Huge roll out, hype it to the moon! tease it and build interest. Similar to the way Metallica released Death magnetic... which was 12yrs ago, but the tactic would still work today!

It's just so disappointing to know they have music ready that they won't release, Bumblefoot was the only sane person to ever be in GNR... release a song before each leg of a tour! duh!!! You can stay on an endless tour then! Eventually you have to release a whole package but it's a win, win for the band and fans! All these bands saying "records don't sell" it's BS. Release a great album and people will hear it. Aerosmith for example, they complain about the latest album not getting a reaction, but it had what 3 maybe 4 good tracks? Aerosmith are an album band, 3-4 good songs is fine for a teen idol artist, but bands need good to great albums from top to bottom! otherwise people aren't investing in it, especially not now! when you have every album/artist at your fingertips!

I absolutely agree. However, as weird as it may sound, I don’t think we need a new album right off. All they have to do this year is release a single and perform a couple of new tunes at the gigs. That’s how you start the hype. Then they can take any number of months to finish the record and begin some media promotion. And then just announce some release date/period at the end of 2020. That’s all it would take.

Basically, the same way they did it during UYI. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I want susan to keep leaking information. Who would have thought that the bands plans are coming from aband members wife. Seems the wives have no confidence in nando, they think they can do a better job og communicating band plans and maybe they are right!.

What exactly has she leaked? Been out of the loop for a while. EDIT: I mean, what was the content of her post?

Edited by jafeijo

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

There will not be a new album. The same problems that existed in 1991 prior to the release of the illusion albums are still prevalent today, only they are intensified because Axl has effective total control. Axl felt he was pressured to release the illusions and also felt similar feelings along with being fucked over by the label during the release of Chinese. All of this will have (rightly or wrongly) left a very bad taste in Axl’s mouth in respect of anything to do with new music. Hence why all we get now is $1000 trinket boxes, shitty trucks and laundry bags. No offence to anyone here who bought these, but whilst we keep buying this shit they’ll keep putting it out, most likely instead of new music.

it really is a shame and we’re the ones who suffer as a result. We aren’t ‘entitled’ fans as TB suggest. We just love the band and there is NOTHING wrong with wanting new music. 

I am SO fucking god we got the leaks last year. Finally so good to hear new music and many of the instrumentals show a FUCKING LOT of promise. Too bad we won’t hear them until we’re most likely too old to enjoy them. Still, I’ll be rocking to Soul Monster on my MP3000 player whilst I go collect my pension.

This.

Axl was pushed to release UYI and CD. Without the pushing, those albums probably would have never gotten released. 

Now there are no more big experienced managers, just TB to say yes to whatever Axl wants. Slash/Duff have less say than they had before. Others are just hired hands. 

Its all on Axl.

1 minute ago, TeeJay410 said:

2021 there will be a new Slash and the Dad Rocks album and touring cycle and we will be on here posting how 2022 might be the year because we are all clowns.

Think people are starting to cop on now. A new SMKC album would definitely mean no Guns album for years or probably ever.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

2021 there will be a new Slash and the Dad Rocks album and touring cycle and we will be on here posting how 2022 might be the year because we are all clowns.

But how?  Slash's own words "the music business has changed, we dont know how to release an album"  :-)

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I absolutely agree. However, as weird as it may sound, I don’t think we need a new album right off. All they have to do this year is release a single and perform a couple of new tunes at the gigs. That’s how you start the hype. Then they can take any number of months to finish the record and begin some media promotion. And then just announce some release date/period at the end of 2020. That’s all it would take.

The difference is, are they (Axl) good enough in a live situation these days to make a great first impression? Not sure about that.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

If they did it the uyi thing, then that would be grand. Can't see it though, not with everybody with phones recording.

29 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

The difference is, are they (Axl) good enough in a live situation these days to make a great first impression? Not sure about that.

If they start looking very seriously at what they're doing in that regard, I think almost anything is possible. :D

17 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

If they did it the uyi thing, then that would be grand. Can't see it though, not with everybody with phones recording.

Well, that’s the risk you take in this new era. But others have done it, so can they.

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

31 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Think people are starting to cop on now. A new SMKC album would definitely mean no Guns album for years or probably ever.

There will definitely be another SMKC album. Maybe 2021, maybe later, but it will definitely happen.

I'm usually an optimist, but there's no way we're getting a GNR album this year. I'll eat sewage if they come out with a new studio album in 2020. And to add salt to the wound, we'll have to hear more boring SMKC music before any GNR album would ever come close to the light of day. I know people enjoy it, but in a world where GNR could be releasing music and just don't bother, SMKC is not even close to a consolation.

On 28. 01. 2020. at 3:15 PM, jamillos said:

Why don't they release anything from the past on DVD? 

Ok, not a simple answer:

William Bruce Bailey
Saul Hudson
Duff 'Rose' McKagan
+ F'nando & da crew

cause only then even Ax would have to admit publicly that only Slash is on the heights or better with the 85-93 line ups

Just now, TeeJay410 said:

I would love to eat my words on all of this and I would be happy for any I told you so’s, but we are definitely getting a Slash and the Dad Rocks album before a new guns album. Maybe even another Duff book and coinciding album/tour.

Noooo, please, no! 

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

If they start looking very seriously at what they're doing in that regard, I think almost anything is possible. :D

Well, that’s the risk you take in this new era. But others have done it, so can they.

Other bands do a lot of things that GNR do not. Any rule book for what others do is useless in relation to GNR.

1 hour ago, TeeJay410 said:

I would love to eat my words on all of this and I would be happy for any I told you so’s, but we are definitely getting a Slash and the Dad Rocks album before a new guns album. Maybe even another Duff book and coinciding album/tour.

Slash will be back with SMKC as soon as he gets a chance, I've no doubt about it. 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Slash will be back with SMKC as soon as he gets a chance, I've no doubt about it. 

100% if Slash isn't making new music then he's gonna go and do it with someone else. Now, Myles is busy this year so maybe 2021 for SMKC. Does this need to be spelled out for TB and Axl? They can't just click their fingers with Slash. If his tour is booked, he's going to be doing those shows. Ah you know, maybe it's a good thing if TB/Axl have to wait, might learn how to pull the finger out a bit quicker the next time.

Just now, Tom2112 said:

100% if Slash isn't making new music then he's gonna go and do it with someone else. Now, Myles is busy this year so maybe 2021 for SMKC. Does this need to be spelled out for TB and Axl? They can't just click their fingers with Slash. If his tour is booked, he's going to be doing those shows. Ah you know, maybe it's a good thing if TB/Axl have to wait, might learn how to pull the finger out a bit quicker the next time.

I can see Slash wrapping up these US stadium tour dates, and going straight to writing/recording SMKC with a tour in 2021 and an album then.