The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

Can you remember when he said something like "we hope to make music for many years to come?" (I always hate it when he says "we" instead of "I" cuz he sure weren't talking about Ashba and BBF. 

Yeah Bumble confirmed that serious talks for the reunion with Slash started right after he told Axl he was quitting, which was during the South America leg at the beginning of 2014 (before Golden Gods and Vegas). That’s why on the Golden Gods red carpet both Duff and Alice Cooper said a reunion could happen (and they both smirked like they knew something). And during his thank you speech that night, Axl thanked “all of our lineups.” He did the Revolver interview that same night. The reunion was already locked in by then. His talk of “we’ll look into maybe putting out the remix album and the second half of Chinese after Vegas” or whatever he said there was semi-bullshit. He probably saw a possibility in Slash being part of CD2 at that point, but here we are 6 years later, and that remains to be a reality.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1
  • Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah Bumble confirmed that serious talks for the reunion with Slash started right after he told Axl he was quitting, which was during the South America leg at the beginning of 2014 (before Golden Gods and Vegas). That’s why on the Golden Gods red carpet both Duff and Alice Cooper said a reunion could happen (and they both smirked like they knew something). And during his thank you speech that night, Axl thanked “all of our lineups.” He did the Revolver interview that same night. The reunion was already locked in by then. His talk of “we’ll look into maybe putting out the remix album and the second half of Chinese after Vegas” or whatever he said there was semi-bullshit. He probably saw a possibility in Slash being part of CD2 at that point, but here we are 6 years later, and that remains to be a reality.

Good stuff. Can you remember who was going around at Vegas saying to people "this will be the last time you see this lineup?" Could have been someone like Jarmo or Saint Laurent. 

9 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Good stuff. Can you remember who was going around at Vegas saying to people "this will be the last time you see this lineup?" Could have been someone like Jarmo or Saint Laurent. 

When I met her (it all came straight from Del James), who told her: "This will probably be the last time you'll see this version of Guns N 'Roses for a while." The next thing she mentioned was that: "The people have spoken." I asked what Del was referring to, she said: "Axl and Slash." I do not know if this alleged conversation took place by phone, email or in person, but I asked her to go straight to the point. According to what she said, Axl reached a level in his life where he would try to leave the máguas aside and make peace with certain people in his life, apparently Slash is one of them.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/209126-rumor-some-members-may-be-out-of-the-band/?page=9

2 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

I think Bumble told some people there that it was his last show. Also I recall someone saying they heard Frank backstage saying “I may need to look for new fulltime employment after this gig.” Guess he figured at the time that either Steven or Matt would fully replace him.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think Bumble told some people there that it was his last show. Also I recall someone saying they heard Frank backstage saying “I may need to look for new fulltime employment after this gig.” Guess he figured at the time that either Steven or Matt would fully replace him.

You are very exactly about it happened! I remember same that you.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yes. Bumble told some argentinian fans that Team Brazil was pushing for a reunion with Slash. I read that story when it happened in a latinamerican GNR forum. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Courtesy of ShadowOfTheWave:

When I met her (it all came straight from Del James), who told her: "This will probably be the last time you'll see this version of Guns N 'Roses for a while." The next thing she mentioned was that: "The people have spoken." I asked what Del was referring to, she said: "Axl and Slash." I do not know if this alleged conversation took place by phone, email or in person, but I asked her to go straight to the point. According to what she said, Axl reached a level in his life where he would try to leave the máguas aside and make peace with certain people in his life, apparently Slash is one of them.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/209126-rumor-some-members-may-be-out-of-the-band/?page=9

On 26/01/2020 at 12:50 PM, ToonGuns said:

Played Trilliams myself a few times back in the day. Once saw Gazza in there, trying to avoid the papparazzi when he was supposed to be in rehab. 

Saw a number of great bands in Trillians.  Off to see Guns 2 Roses tonight at the Academy.  Michael Bruce from Alice Cooper played twice and enjoyed both although the sound fucked on one of the nights.

If there's one thing the lack of new music, last night's show, and the past couple years of tour legs have shown, it's that Guns N' Roses is a spent force at this point. Now that the initial excitement of Slash and Duff being back in the band has worn off, we're just left with a band going through the motions with a frontman on autopilot whose voice is totally shot.

The only releases we're getting out of this lineup anytime soon are probably gonna be Conspirators albums, Duff solo projects, and whatever Dizzy and Richard put out.

16 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

If there's one thing the lack of new music, last night's show, and the past couple years of tour legs have shown, it's that Guns N' Roses is a spent force at this point. Now that the initial excitement of Slash and Duff being back in the band has worn off, we're just left with a band going through the motions with a frontman on autopilot whose voice is totally shot.

The only releases we're getting out of this lineup anytime soon are probably gonna be Conspirators albums, Duff solo projects, and whatever Dizzy and Richard put out.

They’ll continue to do just that as long as the pay is the same. This band doesn’t need to release an album. The people who are attending don’t want to hear it 

If they release anything, it will be because they want to on a artistic level, or to try and fulfill their contract so that they can try other endeavors 

For me the only sad part these days is the way Axl is letting himself go. And that goes artistically and physically. For me it's just plain sad to watch him like that, as if he's got nothing left in his tank. 

• Like 1

This is sad as fuck. I've loved this band since 1993. Kept following the forums weekly, if not daily, since the early 2000's. Waited for Chinese, listened the leaks as they came by, bought the album. Liked some of it. Always hoped that Axl and Slash would reunite. Once they did, it was awesome. But now, the excitement is wearing thin. No new music. Nothing. When I saw the Snoop + Gnr photo it hit me the first time. These guys are getting old as fuck. Just call it a day if you're not planning to release any new material. Or at least come clean and stop fucking teasing us about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, LandOla said:

[...] When I saw the Snoop + Gnr photo it hit me the first time. These guys are getting old as fuck. Just call it a day if you're not planning to release any new material. Or at least come clean and stop fucking teasing us about it.

I honestly believe they (Axl) are planning to release new material and always have. But that doesn't count for much in this case.

Something will probably released someday. Soon is obviously not the word.

As for needing a new album to continue touring? I don't think that's the case.