The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 minute ago, default_ said:

Im in love with Tessajoy right now :heart:

Great to know Fermanager read that 

It’s just a pity she (I think) didn’t try and get specific comment on the ‘6 month album date’ post. But still awesome she went to town like that - bang on the money but in an articulate way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ZODIAC said:

Yeah,  you're right.  It's obviously not up to him, as he's not that kind of manager, a band, as big as Gnr, are supposed to have. But.... he shouldn't spread this "within the next six months" shit! If he's in that position, or not (in this lifetime)

Axl dropping managers and suing them doesn’t lead to new music either. We’ve seen that...Irving Azoff was essentially fired for finding a way (possibly at the expense of the artist) to release Chinese Democracy. There’s no one bigger who could manage this. 

There’s also no one here who can objectively say how management is doing. It’s up to the artist to distinguish what they want and a good manager works around that and pushes when things need to be pushed. If they don’t want to release music, it’s not the manager’s job/place to change that. They know best if things are done well by them

We can certainly criticize what we see on this end. Namely interactions with fans and their relationships with leaders of this community. It’s shitty. They aren’t great on a number things with this sector of the fanbase.  That’s also a small sector of the gig 

2 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Oh man, that "Super psyched for 2020" -line. :lol:

Basically he's saying: "I don't know what the fuck we're doing but I'm super excited!"

I didn't even bother looking at his comments, but if he doesn't have anything to tell us about new music then he should just stay quiet. 

Even the most die hard GNR fan doesn't care to hear how awesome his life is due to the work of the original line up of GNR and their fans. 

15 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

It was 100% bang on the money. I wonder by Fernando saying 2020 was going to be a great year was a underhand way of alluding to new music? What’s so different in the plans to make it going to be a great 2020?

He said the same thing about 2019. It 100 percent means nothing in regards to new music.

If March comes and goes without new music...yikes, the shitstorm Fernando will be in will be like nothing else (although it’d be his own fault for screwing with the fanbase). I obviously don’t wish that upon him, but posts like TessaJoy’s will be a plenty if nothing happens next month. 

10 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

If March comes and goes without new music...yikes, the shitstorm Fernando will be in will be like nothing else (although it’d be his own fault for screwing with the fanbase). I obviously don’t wish that upon him, but posts like TessaJoy’s will be a plenty if nothing happens next month. 

Those rants probably piss them off even more and make them dig their heels in. "Fuck these fans and their entitlement."

26 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Those rants probably piss them off even more and make them dig their heels in. "Fuck these fans and their entitlement."

Wait.... If Fernando doesn't make good on something he told fans, that somehow makes us entitled? 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

That is hilarious yet sad at the same time

What's sadder is I've been on this forum as a lurker and registered user for longer than I can even remember, and I've spent the majority of it discussing the hopes for new songs/material. Only once did it actually materialize with Chinese Democracy. The most excitement I've had around here had to due with leaks leading up to CD and leaks last fall. And of course Slash and Duff returning to the group with everything surrounding that Troubadour show.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

I'm not so sure about that. There is zero accountability with this band, and this crap is what the fans have come to expect. It'll be just business as usual next month with no new music announcement. 

I feel bad for Slash for having to deal with these kinds of leechs, Duff grew a pussy and is probably fine with anything as long it doesnt hurt anyones feelings (but the fans of gnr) but Slash could be doing something interesting hadnt he returned to GNR.

I kind of understand why he seems so bored and uninterested live, how can anyone be genuinely interested in something like what Gnr become lol 

Never tought Id want to see Slash out of GNR lol

• Like 3