The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

7 minutes ago, Dangelus said:

Yeah, no new music then Slash needs to leave. He has too much talent and creativity to waste in a dead band.

Slash has released a new album while back in GNR. He's been doing work with Ozzy too. Being in GNR doesn't stop him from churning out songs/albums.

Why would he stop doing GNR shows, even if there's no new music? I don't get that reasoning. As for people saying he looks bored in GNR, I've seen him with GNR 8 times, seen him with Myles 2 times, all of them at the rail, I don't see a different Slash up there :shrugs:I love seeing him in GNR. If people don't, they should stop going to GNR and just go to SMKC shows. Cheaper and smaller venues anyway, so that's always a plus.

• Like 4

I reckon the “new album” is not coming soon. The shows are starting very soon and surely the point of the album would have been to boost excitement/sales for those shows. 

The fact that it’s not out yet suggests to me that touring is on the menu until late this year at least. Remains to be seen what happens beyond that. 

Surely a lengthy enough break from the road will be due? Probably SMKC then.

There are two things that give me any small ounce of optimism about new music this year. The first being, I just don't see how they could possibly think another stadium tour would sell well in the US with how much they have toured the market since 2016 with no new incentive to go. An arena tour would be one thing, but stadiums? I think there has to be SOMETHING planned for it. If it's not new music, it would either need a major setlist revamp or Adler/Izzy.

The second is, I really don't fully believe everything Slash says in interviews. He was steadfastly denying the reunion happening, and that there had been any personal reconciliation with Axl until it finally happened. Obviously there were probably NDAs in place to prevent anyone from talking about it, but still, he's been just as cagey with the new music talk.

My belief right now is that they've been recording, and if the record isn't done, it's close to done. Axl's voice being not totally horrifying on the last two shows coming back from a layoff also makes me believe he's been singing off-tour.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Axl Rose has released one album and one original song, 15 in total, in 29 years

It’s actually 17 in total if you count The Plague and New Work Tune.

I think it’s pretty clear at this point that a new album is only gonna happen when we all give up and stop caring.

Edited by rocknroll41

Firstable I don't know Slash personnaly but I follow him since the begenning of GNR. Yes he like to create but don't tell me he his proud of what he did with Izzy for exemple. Slash is VERY ambitious. He know that there is only with GNR he can put on market a good song . And why not a.........pretty good song that people will love and will (and it's the most important) remember in 5/10 years. He is smart and clever and....AMBITIOUS. witch is a compliment for me.

(sorry for all the mystake.....I'm French. hope you undertand the meanning)

2 hours ago, Gunner927 said:

There are two things that give me any small ounce of optimism about new music this year. The first being, I just don't see how they could possibly think another stadium tour would sell well in the US with how much they have toured the market since 2016 with no new incentive to go. An arena tour would be one thing, but stadiums? I think there has to be SOMETHING planned for it. If it's not new music, it would either need a major setlist revamp or Adler/Izzy.

The second is, I really don't fully believe everything Slash says in interviews. He was steadfastly denying the reunion happening, and that there had been any personal reconciliation with Axl until it finally happened. Obviously there were probably NDAs in place to prevent anyone from talking about it, but still, he's been just as cagey with the new music talk.

My belief right now is that they've been recording, and if the record isn't done, it's close to done. Axl's voice being not totally horrifying on the last two shows coming back from a layoff also makes me believe he's been singing off-tour.

You obviously didn't hear much from the Miami show then!

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Ritchie Kotzen just released 50 new tracks on his 50th birthday. He's a real musician and artist though.

Richie is great, saw him with the Dead Daisies a couple of years ago. The guy is in a different dimension from GNR.

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

One thing that I wonder..... Slash is a creative, productive guy - and always has been. He writes all the time, including on the road. Axl is the opposite, as we all know.

So let's imagine Slash has been writing some stuff for the last year or two, and that some of it is decent. What happens to it? Does he give it to GNR, knowing it might never get out to the fans? And meaning his work with Myles Kennedy is just the left over crap that GNR doesn't want? 

Or does he give it to GNR knowing that if it ever gets made and released, Axl and Duff can probably take it to another level completely?

What would you do???

5 minutes ago, Millions said:

One thing that I wonder..... Slash is a creative, productive guy - and always has been. He writes all the time, including on the road. Axl is the opposite, as we all know.

So let's imagine Slash has been writing some stuff for the last year or two, and that some of it is decent. What happens to it? Does he give it to GNR, knowing it might never get out to the fans? And meaning his work with Myles Kennedy is just the left over crap that GNR doesn't want? 

Or does he give it to GNR knowing that if it ever gets made and released, Axl and Duff can probably take it to another level completely?

What would you do???

I dont think Slash is in a similar contract as the Axl band, where everything produced automatically becames property of GNR. He probably presents ideas, bu I doubt he will just keep waiting for Axl, at some point it will probably be a Snakepit situation all over again. Slash will record his stuff and then Axl will call him asking about the songs and he’ll be like “Dude, I recorded those 15 years ago with Myles”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

You obviously didn't hear much from the Miami show then!

I listened to bits and pieces, but Jungle in particular was the strongest he's sounded on it since 2017 to me. Maybe one of his strongest since 2016.

He sounded like Axl has consistently sounded the last couple years. Which is to say, mid-tour form vs. Berlin '18 form, which he usually sounds closer to on the first show after a few months.

22 minutes ago, Millions said:

What would you do???

Slash has mentioned before he has ideas specifically for GN'R that he stores away.

34 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

That so obviously doesn’t count.

I think we should let Axl have that one. 

What about Silkworms? 

47 minutes ago, Millions said:

What would you do???

I'm pretty sure Slash said he already has ideas for the next album with Myles. Maybe it'll be out 2021/22

52 minutes ago, Millions said:

What would you do???

I imagine that if Slash realizes Axl will truly never release any more GNR music, those "GNR ideas" would go to SMKC. He no doubt wants to get them out somehow, and what else is he supposed to do when Axl refuses to put out new stuff. 

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I heard ISE and Brownstone and he was totally fine on those. I guess it depends on what tracks you got to hear.

Dude, more than half of each of those songs are sung in basically his talking voice. Still really strained and cracky on the ends of both songs.