The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

55 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

When the band did those theatre shows as warmups in 91, was there any info be it radio or interviews that they would be doing illusion  songs as part of those shows?.

I have an original article/ review of those shows from a magazine and the reviewer stated that they didn’t know what to expect, and the guy wasn’t too kind on a few including estranged.

Edited by megaguns1982

20 minutes ago, Lipfel said:

To be fair, that info came from Big Boss from the old sp1at-forum, who has definitely some connections as far as I'm concerned (quite a few stories came from him and gigger back in the day through interviews and such). 

Of course, he also posted rumours, which turned out to be not true, but on all forums, he is the one, who I put most faith in. 

Although can we trust insiders when even some of the actual people in the band seem to have absolutely no clue what is going on regarding releasing a new album? *cough* Richard Fortus *cough* :lol:  For example Fortus basically implies in all his interviews "I have absolutely no idea when the songs we worked on will come out but I hope they do"

One thing I have learned over the years, I just think it is best not to get hyped over anything unless it is an official announcement coming from GNR and even then not getting hyped until a new song is actually able to be listened to.  I am sure that Big Boss guy has some cool stories, but nobody is reliable IMO, not even the people in GNR anymore

Edited by WhazUp

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

When the band did those theatre shows as warmups in 91, was there any info be it radio or interviews that they would be doing illusion  songs as part of those shows?.

I don't think so, at least I can't remember having read it. Maybe @Blackstar with here amazing memory can, though.

Here's what I have written about the warm-up shows: http://www.a-4-d.com/t4046p180-the-history-in-their-own-words#16036

And here are info and reviews from each of the shows:

May 9: http://www.a-4-d.com/t1719-1991-05-09-warfield-theatre-san-francisco-usa#5708

May 11: http://www.a-4-d.com/t1720-1991-05-11-pantages-theatre-los-angeles-usa#5713

May 16: http://www.a-4-d.com/t1721-1991-05-16-the-ritz-new-york-usa#5715

EDIT: But since they did play lots of Illusion material on the Rock in Rio shows in January, I suppose informed concert-goers must have expected the same for the warm-up shows.

Edited by SoulMonster

6 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Although can we trust insiders when even some of the actual people in the band seem to have absolutely no clue what is going on regarding releasing a new album? *cough* Richard Fortus *cough* :lol:  For example Fortus basically implies in all his interviews "I have absolutely no idea when the songs we worked on will come out but I hope they do"

One thing I have learned over the years, I just think it is best not to get hyped over anything unless it is an official announcement coming from GNR and even then not getting hyped until a new song is actually able to be listened to.  I am sure that Big Boss guy has some cool stories, but nobody is reliable IMO, not even the people in GNR anymore

Sorry, I know exactly what you mean, maybe I phrased my post wrong. I just wanted to point out, that for me, that source holds much more credibility than for a example if I read something which came from gunsnfnroses. Of course he can only pass something on, which he's heard (or share his touring/marketing knowledge) which turnes out to be not true in the end.

8 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

The "insider" on gnrevolution implies Slash said at the Miami show he is "expecting" an album:

He is expecting a new album, that is from the recent concert

Next cycle could be the UYI thing mentioned ages ago, but long way off, not sure on that

Slash will definitely get a new album. Just it'll be with Myles 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, siraddam said:

If they had recorded anything together there's no way it could be kept secret. 

Of course there is. A simple NDA concerning also any photos on social media etc. You tell, you’re fired as well as charged, and you’ll stand no chance getting employed in the industry any more. That’s how you do it. 

21 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Of course there is. A simple NDA concerning also any photos on social media etc. You tell, you’re fired as well as charged, and you’ll stand no chance getting employed in the industry any more. That’s how you do it. 

#skwerl 😉

13 hours ago, jafeijo said:

He posted recently on his Instagram something about a new single from The Psychedelic Furs, which he produced. EDIT: Single from a new album ready to go.

The post I referred to was from a few years ago - could still have been linked to this Furs release I guess.

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm still yet to be convinced any recording has gone on. The only thing I've seen that combats that thought is the Slash guitar thing- but that could have been for anything. 

This event alone is the only concrete proof we have at this point, despite all the Slash talking. The guy went to Axl's place with his gear, ok.

What amazes me the most, is how could it be possible that in this social media day and age, nothing about further meetings has leaked. And that's the part that frustrates me regarding new music. We just have those vague interviews.

I very doubt they've been in studio, or else we'd have at least some info.

Just now, jafeijo said:

This event alone is the only concrete proof we have at this point, despite all the Slash talking. The guy went to Axl's place with his gear, ok.

What amazes me the most, is how could it be possible that in this social media day and age, nothing about further meetings has leaked. And that's the part that frustrates me regarding new music. We just have those vague interviews.

I'm of that view too, sadly. 

OK, so no one directly involved in any studio work would have leaked it, but people would have been seen, someone would say something. 

I just think back to Axl and AC/DC - it leaked, with photos, pretty much as soon as they rehearsed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I just think back to Axl and AC/DC - it leaked, with photos, pretty much as soon as they rehearsed. 

That was the first thing that came to my ming while I was writing. Man, we had all those spoilers in a heartbeat. Very exciting times for sure.

2 minutes ago, jafeijo said:

If they record at Axl's to prevent leaks chances are nothing gets out as security measures are likely to be up a notch from previous recording environments.

Also I don't think Slash has to bring anything to record. Setting up an entire music store at his place is a phone call for Axl.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jafeijo said:

That was the first thing that came to my ming while I was writing. Man, we had all those spoilers in a heartbeat. Very exciting times for sure.

Yep....and really we've had nothing else at all. I just don't think anything is happening. And I would love to be wrong. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I'm still yet to be convinced any recording has gone on. The only thing I've seen that combats that thought is the Slash guitar thing- but that could have been for anything. 

The one thing that validated that it very much was for GN’R, is that Caram was annoyed that info got leaked, and was worried that word got out about Slash going to Axl’s to record. I guess he was the one who dropped the amp off to get spruced up, and that he mentioned to the amp guys what he needed it for. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metallex78 said:

The one thing that validated that it very much was for GN’R, is that Caram was annoyed that info got leaked, and was worried that word got out about Slash going to Axl’s to record. I guess he was the one who dropped the amp off to get spruced up, and that he mentioned to the amp guys what he needed it for. 

That's the only thing that gave me hope too. 

• Like 3

I dont think it would be hard for axl to go to slashs place and record. If axl has a tinted windows car,  he drive to slashs place park in his garage and not exit the car until the garage door is down. Its at least one way of flying under the radar.  If theres a will theres a way. We dont know if  axl still lives in nocturnal hours. Arrive at slashs late at night and not leave until after midnight or early hours of the morning. If the next album is just cd2 leftovers im sure axl had already told slash what parts to play so could just be slash recording and sending back and forwards to axl and caram via protools.