The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

The thought of Axl releasing new music under the Gn'R name kind of makes me cringe.  I can't see how it could be any good. 

I like Chinese Democracy so I think the song writing.would be good enough. I just doubt it will ever be brand new music written by the current lineup.

I also doubt any album of "new" music will happen.

2 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

Anyone feeling 2023 for a release date? It's realistic, gives them time to put it together. We know this band goes at a snail's pace, 3 years is a realistic time frame. It also fits in to the 15 years since CD, like the 15 years from TSI. 

I'd rather sooner but I cant see it   

I'd say 2033. They'll release a new single with the 12th Terminator movie.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I like Chinese Democracy so I think the song writing.would be good enough. I just doubt it will ever be brand new music written by the current lineup.

I also doubt any album of "new" music will happen.

That is fair if you liked CD but when was that recorded? 15 years ago? Axl sounded questionable then never mind now. I personally thought CD was garbage so if his headspace is anywhere near that as far as music goes these days, I will pass. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is fair if you liked CD but when was that recorded? 15 years ago? Axl sounded questionable then never mind now. I personally thought CD was garbage so if his headspace is anywhere near that as far as music goes these days, I will pass. 

15? Try 20+. From what we’ve heard it’s all mainly the same takes that were pieced together (with some questionable edits) from the late 90’s/2000’s in each demo leak that’s out there

I would hope if they rehashed any material from those sessions, they’d rebuild the tracks from the ground up with new vocals. There are songs in there behind the endless amount of guitar overdubs

9 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I've recently come to the opinion that if we ever do hear new Guns music it will be after Axl retires from touring

It will be after his death, sad to say, but I guessing his family + TB will milk that cow 

if they can't do a full album, I would hope they could release a few songs on big movie soundtracks.  then make the songs available for download via nighttrain with an unreleased song or two and you now have people paying 50 bucks (I think that's the price of a nighttrain membership) for a few songs versus an album that doesn't sell well. 

the people that want to buy it will.  so let's do this the GNR way and really over charge them for it. maybe throw in some GNR air gas masks or something lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

if they can't do a full album, I would hope they could release a few songs on big movie soundtracks.  then make the songs available for download via nighttrain with an unreleased song or two and you now have people paying 50 bucks (I think that's the price of a nighttrain membership) for a few songs versus an album that doesn't sell well. 

the people that want to buy it will.  so let's do this the GNR way and really over charge them for it. maybe throw in some GNR air gas masks or something lol

Next to nobody would do that. People don't really give a fuck. Hell, most of the members here wouldn't do that. 

48 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Next to nobody would do that. People don't really give a fuck. Hell, most of the members here wouldn't do that. 

I'm not even sure if I would buy another album.

Probably will give it a few listens on Spotify and forget about it. I still kind of regret buying Chinese Democracy. I hardly listen to it.

Music has to be really good before I buy it... And maybe if I want to support a band I like which is not made of millionaires already.

I have bought Medusa Stone records for instance. Love their music and they seemed like nice people.

Same goes for Whiskey Myers.

I care less for GnR every day. It's a shame really. I liked the mystery around Axl and how he would prove the world wrong and release these amazing songs... well, that failed. Now it's just another nostalgia act.

Might as well listen to Metallica or whatever. At least they tried.

12 years have passed since Chinese, and we keep talking about new songs. It is a great shame that the vocalist, owner of the band is not sensitive enough to see the thirst and the desire of the fans to hear new songs. Guns just want to gift us with just hundreds of tours and the most expensive tickets in the world, and play inside our ass

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Sad to see everyone accepting that new material is dead. I’ve figured as such for years and was very vocal about it, and it just feels bad to see everyone come to the realization I did and feel disappointment 

Yeah I had told myself last year that if nothing came out in 2020 then I would give up on the idea of a new album. Welp, here we are now in 2020, and we have yet another full tour announced with absolutely no indication of new music whatsoever, along with slash saying “uhh geez I don’t know, music is so hard to release these days, yah know?” So yeah, the dream is dead. The village leaks were the new album, as far as I’m concerned.

50 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

I still kind of regret buying Chinese Democracy. I hardly listen to it.

As a Guns fan I didn't want that album to be good because I was so against what Axl did to my favorite band and it was the farthest thing from what I considered Guns N' Roses to be all about.  I was worried that it would really good because I thought Axl was a musically genius who was incapable of writing bad music as his track record had been spotless. Turned out I had nothing to be worried about because it wasn't very good. Guns N' Roses were a sum of all parts and they other guys brought out the best in Axl apparently.  Judging from the "Big 3's" last efforts (CD, Tenderness and Living The Dream) it looks like they could really use some songwriting collaborations with Izzy because that was a lot of subpar music from these guys. 

4 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Sad to see everyone accepting that new material is dead. I’ve figured as such for years and was very vocal about it, and it just feels bad to see everyone come to the realization I did and feel disappointment 

I'm not so optimistic anymore, but i do think new material will eventuate. 

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

As a Guns fan I didn't want that album to be good because I was so against what Axl did to my favorite band and it was the farthest thing from what I considered Guns N' Roses to be all about.  I was worried that it would really good because I thought Axl was a musically genius who was incapable of writing bad music as his track record had been spotless. Turned out I had nothing to be worried about because it wasn't very good. Guns N' Roses were a sum of all parts and they other guys brought out the best in Axl apparently.  Judging from the "Big 3's" last efforts (CD, Tenderness and Living The Dream) it looks like they could really use some songwriting collaborations with Izzy because that was a lot of subpar music from these guys. 

It’s no coincidence that the only releases GnR have had since Izzy left were a covers album and ChiDem. Izzy was the real heart of GnR.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

If the prospect of a new record really is dead, I at least hope we get a decent UYI reissue next year for the 30th with some nuggets like Ain’t Goin’ Down with vocals and maybe a cleanup of The Rumbo Tapes (if possible). Finally getting the documentary and some unseen pro-shots alongside that would be nice, too, and then maybe a ChiDem boxset with the remixes and the village sessions (or whatever the closest thing to cd2 is) in 2028, for the 20th of that album.

Come on, Axl! Come on, TB! Come on, Interscope! What I’m proposing above can’t be THAT hard!

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I ain’t accepting it. I don’t know why but I just think we will get something.....maybe I’m crazy but if we didn’t get anything, I’d be ok with the Village stuff.

I used to believe in a New Album, but damn have GNR missed each and every chance to launch something new with a tour coinciding with it. Hell last year they could've just put out a EP with 4 or 5 songs have the title track be Not in This Lifetime coinciding with the end of the tour, then recorded new material for the follow up. Then they missed the chance a few weeks ago now as we get closer to March more days go by where you would think they'd announce a new album.