The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 minute ago, Edward Nygma said:

What's wrong with maybe a few gigs with Izzy or a few or maybe a dozen at most! Shake things up a bit!

I’d think both GNR and Izzy are saving that reunion chip for another payday in the future. A share the loot situation that makes sense for everyone. 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

The cut off point for hope is May 20th when the European tour starts.

If there's no announcement on that day AND zero new tunes get played that day in Lisbon, all hope is lost for 2020, and the "Next Chapter" will officially just be a huge scam to sell tickets for tour.

Who knows though, maybe we'll get a big announcement before the South American leg (March 14th).

Isn’t that Jarmo dude suggesting there are plans for some kind of music release/announcement in between the SA and Europe gigs? If the ‘next chapter’ ended up only being a new stage show and a slightly changed setlist then the bad PR would be quite something. There WOULD be fair accusations of misleading/scamming punters.

11 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Isn’t that Jarmo dude suggesting there are plans for some kind of music release/announcement in between the SA and Europe gigs? If the ‘next chapter’ ended up only being a new stage show and a slightly changed setlist then the bad PR would be quite something. There WOULD be fair accusations of misleading/scamming punters.

I've got tickets for Hamburg. If nothing materialises by then it'll be my last GNR gig until I'm holding a copy of the new album in my hands.

If the "Next Chapter" arrives without new material I think there would be a legitimate case for refunds being demanded which could cost GNR a fortune?

Edited by jackparker123

45 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

What's wrong with maybe a few gigs with Izzy or a few or maybe a dozen at most! Shake things up a bit!

They could have come to some agreement with him to come along and do a few songs a night with them. Like the Stones did with Mick Taylor during the 50th anniversary tour.  Not quite what most people want but would be better than nothing. They could certainly afford to pay him. 

I am trying to stay positive.. They could do something like that, do an acoustic set, shuffle the order of the songs a bit, dust off a few more classics and maybe play a new song or two. Would love to see them change the KOHD arrangement to something more old school. 

1 hour ago, guitarpatch said:

I’d think both GNR and Izzy are saving that reunion chip for another payday in the future. A share the loot situation that makes sense for everyone. 

Not sure how long in the future they have. Axl doesn't appear to have many more years left in him. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

They could have come to some agreement with him to come along and do a few songs a night with them. Like the Stones did with Mick Taylor during the 50th anniversary tour.  Not quite what most people want but would be better than nothing. They could certainly afford to pay him. 

I am trying to stay positive.. They could do something like that, do an acoustic set, shuffle the order of the songs a bit, dust off a few more classics and maybe play a new song or two. Would love to see them change the KOHD arrangement to something more old school. 

Not sure how long in the future they have. Axl doesn't appear to have many more years left in him. 

Axl is older now, but he’s far from falling down dead. If the $ is there he’s got another 10+ years. Maybe if the $ isn’t there, it’s not worth it at some point. However it’s not like he’s up on stage like a statue ready to go at a moments notice. It’s not as if performance issues keeps him off stage either.  

If they think they can cash in on a AFD/UYI reunion, you better believe they’ll cash that chip at some point when it’s ready. No need to blow it now when you’ve already cashed the check 

Also to add, why would Izzy do it? All he’d get out of it is a guest appearance fee. He obviously wants more of a cut, and he’s not getting that this tour. Hold on to your bargaining power for what your worth 

Edited by guitarpatch

What really impresses me is this dream about new album here on forum, how many many many fans here (actually not so many) are pissed for not getting new songs nor album...

right now at the moment here on the MyGnrforum, statistics says...

1. Total members 53 380, which is really impressive (all OVER the world)

2. Most on line 3959, probably when something leaked, CD released or reunion etc

Online now 71 Members, 6 Anonymous, 60 guests

Out of these 71 members, there must be like 50 hard core fans... 35 are dying for anything new from Gnr, others are just like if it happens it is good if not, well that is life

Just stay with me for a moment :)

Sooo when GnR plays all over the world, how many people from this forum are attending?lets just say 1 concert anywhere in the world? I would say 50-100 at the best

So majority of people on concert are just regular fans or just wanted to see the legends before they die...

Life goes on and you can die today, tomorrow, you will never know... there are lots of others great bands to enjoy too, or to travel or swim or read good books... 

if they release album, will it change the world, end starvation, wars etc?

No, it will be just some maybe good album with few fine tunes

Been fan from '91, haven't seen them live nor I am sure I will but still love them and always will, with or without new music... ,,just for being truthful to themselves from the beginning (and not toward the fans) and dont give a fuck for what we or anyone else wants or desire"!

,,Punk as fuck" ... definitely YES... they do what they want even if it is making abnormal amounts of money :)

Edited by dragan1978

4 minutes ago, dragan1978 said:

What really impresses me is this dream about new album here on forum, how many many many fans here (actually not so many) are pissed for not getting new songs nor album...

2. Most on line 3959, probably when something leaked, CD released or reunion etc

Out of these 71 members, there must be like 50 hard core fans... 35 are dying for anything new from Gnr, others are just like if it happens it is good if not, well that is life

Sooo when GnR plays all over the world, how many people from this forum are attending?lets just say 1 concert anywhere in the world? I would say 50-100 at the best

So majority of people on concert are just regular fans or just wanted to see the legends before they die...

Life goes on and you can die today, tomorrow, you will never know... there are lots of others great bands to enjoy too, or to travel or swim or read good books... 

Been fan from '91, haven't seen them live nor I am sure I will but still love them and always will, with or without new music... ,,just for being truthful to themselves from the beginning (and not toward the fans) and dont give a fuck for what we or anyone else wants or desire"!

,,Punk as fuck" ... definitely YES... they do what they want even if it is making abnormal amounts of money :)

I'm not entirely sure what your point is. My best guess is you're saying that GNR shouldn't give a shit what their fans think because they're making a ton of money and they're going to die someday. Do I have that right? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dragan1978 said:

Really not trying to sound like a dick but this is probably the worst take I have ever read on this forum.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'd love to be wrong, but I really think they're going to consider a mildly shuffled setlist along with a new stage design to be "the next chapter". 

The mindfuck for me is that they tend to lean so hard into reasons *not* to do something, to the point where it stonewalls a release.  Like Slash can record for Guns, reveal that the next album is the priority, awesome! ....But oh shit! Music is consumed differently in 2020!  Back to the drawing board!  Maybe we'll figure all that out later in the year.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not entirely sure what your point is. My best guess is you're saying that GNR shouldn't give a shit what their fans think because they're making a ton of money and they're going to die someday. Do I have that right? 

...and that "punk as fuck" means making huge amounts of money? 

Edited by allwaystired

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

The mindfuck for me is that they tend to lean so hard into reasons *not* to do something, to the point where it stonewalls a release.  Like Slash can record for Guns, reveal that the next album is the priority, awesome! ....But oh shit! Music is consumed differently in 2020!  Back to the drawing board!  Maybe we'll figure all that out later in the year.

I'm so embarrassed on Slash's behalf for him having to say that shit. He has to know that the fans aren't dumb enough to believe that line of BS. 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

...and that "punk as fuck" means making huge amounts of money? 

LOL, apparently! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm so embarrassed on Slash's behalf for him having to say that shit. He has to know that the fans aren't dumb enough to believe that line of BS. 

LOL, apparently! 

He likely just isn't aware of all the lines of bullshit we've been fed over the year regarding new music. I'm sure he's had convos with Axl where he's given the half-ass reasons why the album won't be out to support this tour, and is just paraphrasing it back to the press.  It's sad to see him sucked into this nonsense.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'd love to be wrong, but I really think they're going to consider a mildly shuffled setlist along with a new stage design to be "the next chapter". 

If the Miami show was anything to go by, I think "mildly shuffled setlist" is being kind. Try "NITL setlist + You're Crazy."

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

3 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Axl is older now, but he’s far from falling down dead. If the $ is there he’s got another 10+ years.

I don't know. I see a guy that could implode at any minute. He doesn't take care of himself or seem to do anything that could help prolong his career. He has always come across as fragile. His stage presence is pretty much gone. Most importantly he sounds like crap most of the time and his voice seems to deteriorate more each tour.  He is even a far cry from 2016 at this point which wasn't really good. There were definitely a few songs he was good at and flashes of greatness still remained but those seem to happen less and less as the months go on. 

You are correct that $$$ good keep him going for another 10 years but who cares if he is a total embarrassment up there? 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I missed that statement. What did he say?

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

If the Miami show was anything to go by

I would put money on that it wasn't.  Not saying that it will be different enough to make people here happy but I wouldn't gauge anything in Miami.  That seemed like a one off. My guess is that they are still working on ideas for teh tour. 

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't know. I see a guy that could implode at any minute. He doesn't take care of himself or seem to do anything that could help prolong his career. He has always come across as fragile. His stage presence is pretty much gone. Most importantly he sounds like crap most of the time and his voice seems to deteriorate more each tour.  He is even a far cry from 2016 at this point which wasn't really good. There were definitely a few songs he was good at and flashes of greatness still remained but they seem to become less and less as the months go on. 

You are correct that $$$ good keep him going for another 10 years but who cares if he is a total embarrassment up there? 

Tbh, he's been a total embarrassment since 2011 and it's gradually getting worse. I agree he's shown flashes of the old Axl on occasion, but it's getting rarer and rarer. 

I think he could improve if he shook things up a bit, made some changes to the show/setlist/song keys etc, but this is Axl we're talking about, and we all know he ain't gonna do that. Victory or death. Unfortunately, it's been death for a long time now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't know. I see a guy that could implode at any minute. He doesn't take care of himself or seem to do anything that could help prolong his career. He has always come across as fragile. His stage presence is pretty much gone. Most importantly he sounds like crap most of the time and his voice seems to deteriorate more each tour.  He is even a far cry from 2016 at this point which wasn't really good. There were definitely a few songs he was good at and flashes of greatness still remained but they seem to become less and less as the months go on. 

He’d keel over and blow his voice out for an entire tour if he wasn’t somehow preparing and taking care of himself.  It’s a very taxing style of singing. It’s why it’s frustrating we haven’t heard studio performances where he can deliver.  People get old. People also gain weight for a variety of reasons. I don’t think any of us here are able to diagnose and play doctor 

If we’re truly on the cash in train and the band is solely a legacy act, then playing for the next decade and looking for different ways to regain interest isn’t out of the question. Especially if it comes to a AFD/UYI reunion situation 

Still haven’t heard why Izzy would cash in his last payday for a 5 figs per show. I don’t think it makes sense for him or the band to do it this tour. They’ve already cashed the checks for these shows 

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I missed that statement. What did he say?

I'm sure someone else has the link to the exact quote, but he more or less said it's super hard for GNR to figure out how to release music because releasing music is so hard in 2020.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I'm sure someone else has the link to the exact quote, but he more or less said it's super hard for GNR to figure out how to release music because releasing music is so hard in 2020.

I wonder how much time this excuse will have bought Axl.  My guess is a lot, unfortunately.  

• GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I think maybe it kinda shows a Gn'R release is different. Maybe bigger and comes with certain expectations. So it's more about how Axl will like to do it. Figuring out the best or right approach.

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

I think maybe it kinda shows a Gn'R release is different. Maybe bigger and comes with certain expectations. So it's more about how Axl will like to do it. Figuring out the best or right approach.

Well it would be awfully nice if they figure that out before Axl is collecting social security. 

If there is no new music in the foreseeable future, it will be highly entertaining to see Slash's interviews in the years to come. He will always get asked about new Guns music, and so far he's managed to blag it by giving excuses about relentless touring, or not knowing how to release it etc. What's he going to say when he's promoting the next SMKC album in 2021 without any sign of new GNR music?

If nothing else, it'll be fun watching him squirm his way out of these questions, because he so obviously can't tell us the truth that Axl Rose is the problem.

• Like 2

I must’ve missed something. When did “Yarmo” (I’m calling him that cause I’m not sure if we’re even allowed to say his name on here) say that the new music might drop and/or be announced in between SA and Europe? I haven’t heard that before until reading one of the replies on the previous page.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Haha 1