The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

36 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Even Team Brazil couldn't screw up... 

Well there's your first mistake :lol:

At this point, I truly don't believe an album is coming before the tour. The only way I could see it happening is if it was a surprise release. In order for it to be successful, there would need to be a media blitz during the week after too. 

• Haha 3
  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Might as well bust this out again:

Posted Images

On 14/02/2020 at 3:55 PM, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I remember Van Halen's reunion album was announced around new years 2012 and released in the middle of February, so if an album is meant to coincide with the tour (LOL, I know) we could not hear about it until the beginning of April.

Yikes and look how that went for Van Halen. DLR breaking his own nose in their first live song wasn't a good omen. GNR can do better than that... Come on Axl don't break your own nose

Could we see Guns N' Roses take a page from Prince?

If you saw Prince live in 2004, you received a copy of his "Musicology" CD at the show. It was included in the ticket price. 1.47 million discs were handed out to concertgoers; two million copies were moved overall.

Given the cost of tickets for the forthcoming tour, I think if the band does have an album's worth of material done, why not try doing it this way? It counts as a sale, and would be reflected on the Billboard charts as such. You could see a Guns N' Roses album in the top ten, or even top five, for many months.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, SAU3R said:

But still, A Different Kind of Truth was a really good album, especially in comparison with newer releases from other older acts 

That's true. It was a good album. I'd take a new album and cancelled tour all day long over no new music 

• Like 1
On 2/15/2020 at 11:53 AM, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Even Team Brazil couldn't screw up having an album announced by the time the tour literally began. So for me, it's May 20 or bust. This is as optimistic as you can humanly be in this situation.

May 20th of what year? Lol

And as always, smart money is on BUST. 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Even though Izzy hasn't been involved with the semi-reunion tour, do ya'll think if GN'R were serious about releasing another album that Izzy would be wanted by Axl, Slash and Duff and do you think Izzy would join in on the song writing if he were wanted?

If the money was right then I don’t see why not. I’m probably just thinking too optimistically, tho.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Even though Izzy hasn't been involved with the semi-reunion tour, do ya'll think if GN'R were serious about releasing another album that Izzy would be wanted by Axl, Slash and Duff and do you think Izzy would join in on the song writing if he were wanted?

if dreams came true

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I was just having a conversation with my friend who was asking me why I gave up on music as a career, and I told him it was cause all of the criticism my albums got for being “too lo-fi” really took the wind out of my sails.

And the moment I said that to him, I immediately thought to myself “ah shit, no wonder Axl gave up. All of the criticism ChiDem got must’ve broken him.”

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1