The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

37 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

You know what would’ve been a good idea? Focusing mainly on new material for the next album, and releasing most of the ChiDem2 stuff as b-sides instead. B-sides are still a thing, right?

With the kids down with the digital music do they call them E Sides? 

On 19/02/2020 at 5:33 AM, Sydney Fan said:

I think he was channeling his inner freddie mercury 

I wish he would focus on his vocals. The "better" performance at miami was atrocious.

Let Melissa sing it. She's great on Better 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

You know what would’ve been a good idea? Focusing mainly on new material for the next album, and releasing most of the ChiDem2 stuff as b-sides instead. B-sides are still a thing, right?

That looks good on paper, but you'd likely be waiting until Axl's 89 years old to hear that one.

• Haha 1

New songs? As if mellow, chilled out Axl is going to write amazing lyrics, or be inspired to write new ones by the generic crap Slash writes these days. It's time for Soul Monster, The General, Berlin, Seven, ect. I don't give a fuck who's playing the instruments. I'd prefer it to be Robin, Bucket, Brain, ect, you know the guys who actually inspired the material in the first place, but since that's not really possible just release the songs in any fashion, even if Slash destroys the instrumentals like he did with his worthless Better intro.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

New songs? As if mellow, chilled out Axl is going to write amazing lyrics, or be inspired to write new ones by the generic crap Slash writes these days.

It's time for Soul Monster, The General, Berlin, Seven, ect.

I don't give a fuck who's playing the instruments.

I'd prefer it to be Robin, Bucket, Brain, ect, you know the guys who actually inspired the material in the first place, but since that's not really possible just release the songs in any fashion, even if Slash destroys the instrumentals like he did with his Better intro.

54eaedd68a2fdf64646020f9_meryl-arquette.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 2/14/2020 at 9:36 AM, DTJ80 said:

Have the sales been bad? Crikey - no surprise really. Maybe if they had a product to sell then....people may want to hear that product live as opposed to the same setlist they heard last time.....they really do need to get something out ahead of the tour of the sales are as bad as you say.

Maybe they should add more shows like in OK or KS. I haven't looked at a map to see their overall path or if there are areas that they seem to be avoiding. Axl is going to Alanta, so I doubt there is anywhere he wouldn't consider.

2 hours ago, axljungle said:

I love the Better intro that Slash bring to the song. I want hear new music, they can release some Chidem-2 songs with some new stuff.

He didn't bring in that intro, it's always been a part of the song. It was just rearranged.

3 hours ago, axljungle said:

I love the Better intro that Slash bring to the song. I want hear new music, they can release some Chidem-2 songs with some new stuff.

21 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

He didn't bring in that intro, it's always been a part of the song. It was just rearranged.

Yep, it's just the bridge that Fortus wrote. It's just in a different part of the song. 

14 minutes ago, Duwz said:

It’s the solo rhythm part, right?

Btw Russ, I’ve been diggin your podcasts 

Yeah, you're exactly right. It's just the bridge / solo part, but moved to the beginning of the song. 

Thanks for listening to the show btw. I'm glad you're enjoying it! We'll be pumping out a new one every Monday :)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, axljungle said:

Yes, I know it. But this line up bring it as a intro.

Similar to that happened in 2010 tour with Scraped, they brought a intro using the drums rhythm (and I love too, was a great idea).

It's excellent. Better is one of my personal highlights of the show

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Mad how it differs for everyone.

Better is one of my all time favourite songs, but I haven't enjoyed it live since 2006/7.

best version for me is Download 2006. You wouldn't find better vocals compared to this performance imo cause Axl was very pissed off and just stood there singing it with zero enjoyment. Was still a 10/10 performance for me but there were crazy Better 2010 performances as well.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, WildStar said:

It is my favourite off Chinese. And I like it even more now

Fair fucks to you mate. I just feel Uncle Ax shits all over it now unfortunately. Not a big fan of the big intro either. 

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

best version for me is Download 2006. You wouldn't find better vocals compared to this performance imo cause Axl was very pissed off and just stood there singing it with zero enjoyment. Was still a 10/10 performance for me but there were crazy Better 2010 performances as well.

Donnington was class. He'd won them over by the end of it and also featured one of the greatest performances of Nightrain too!

I was never a big fan of the tone from Ashba's guitar. I've just stuck on the Better from the second London show from 2010 and it's just missing a lot of the charm that it had with Finck on lead. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dean said:

Fair fucks to you mate. I just feel Uncle Ax shits all over it now unfortunately. Not a big fan of the big intro either. 

Donnington was class. He'd won them over by the end of it and also featured one of the greatest performances of Nightrain too!

I was never a big fan of the tone from Ashba's guitar. I've just stuck on the Better from the second London show from 2010 and it's just missing a lot of the charm that it had with Finck on lead. 

Fair do's Deano. That intro gets me down with the boogie and I love the Blue Haired Babes vocals. Maybe Uncle Axl's vocals are the least good parts

• GNFNR 1

On 2/22/2020 at 2:02 PM, WildStar said:

Fair do's Deano. That intro gets me down with the boogie and I love the Blue Haired Babes vocals. Maybe Uncle Axl's vocals are the least good parts

Get your tattoos and rings on, sleeveless denim jacket and leather gloves and get down with the boogie at the hippest show in town. We're talking wall-to-wall, balls to the floor, hard-rockin' and rollin' here. Hope they don't play any new shit man. Stick with the classics. 

23 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Get your tattoos and rings on, sleeveless denim jacket and leather gloves and get down with the boogie at the hippest show in town. We're talking wall-to-wall, balls to the floor, hard-rockin' and rollin' here. Hope they don't play any new shit man. Stick with the classics. 

That sounds like a regular Saturday night round my way. 

• Like 1

On 2020-02-22 at 2:41 AM, Dean said:

Mad how it differs for everyone.

Better is one of my all time favourite songs, but I haven't enjoyed it live since 2006/7.

Axl was still pretty good on it up until 2012 IMO. When I saw them in Seattle (in late 2011) Better was just as good as some 2010 shows, it was one of his raspiest songs of the night. It hasn't been very consistently good since 2010 though IMO and I can see what you mean about DJ's tone...

I'm not a fan of the NITL version either, and Axl sounded the worst he's ever sounded while singing it in Miami. They really should drop it, play Madagascar or CITR instead if they wanna keep some CD songs.

• GNFNR 1

Slash writes 14 songs on his guitar for Gnr 

Duff plays his part 

Richard plays his part 

Frank - Who knows if he can play his part or do they bring in Fitzy - Tommy Cluetos or Brad Wilk

Axl “ Crickets”  

if u don’t know why we don’t have a record - Here it is 

@RussTCB Chime in man because u are always hating on my reactions and I’m ready for u to suspend me again for whatever reason 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Duff plays his part 

Richard plays his part 

Frank - Who knows if he can play his part or do they bring in Fitzy - Tommy Cluetos or Brad Wilk

Axl “ Crickets”  

@RussTCB Chime in man because u are always hating on my reactions and I’m ready for u to suspend me again for whatever reason 

I like the sound of bringing Fitzy in. I think Brad Wilk is busy with Rage. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TMAC20 said:

Duff plays his part 

Richard plays his part 

Axl “ Crickets”  

I truly have not one clue what you're even trying to say.

• Haha 3