The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

15 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Slash was at Axl's house recording

Axl did record vocals for Rock the Rock 

Slash and Duff have both said Axl has played them stuff and they are writing

They had 6 months off where Slash wasn't doing SMCK and Duff wasn't doing his tenderness tour

We literally have evidence that stuff is being recorded. 

This tour is not a continuation of the Not In This Lifetime Tour

Fernando said something is coming this year

Look, I don't want to be devil's advocate, but some of those sentences make sense. 

Slash saying that they were working on a new album is indeed an evidence, not speculation. It's on record. 

I would say that the Hardschool option in the setlist also indicates something. You may want to believe about the conspiracy version of Fernando/TB trying to fuck with fans online, but I highly doubt the band itself (Slash and Duff especially) would want to take any part in this bullshit messing with their setlist work. 

Axl recording Rock the Rock; the tour being called something else; and any Fernando statement --- those are not evidences at all. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jamillos said:

She's new...

And the fact people don't remember his name speaks for itself, wouldn't you say? 

Sorry,  i didn't wann to sound rude,  and i wasn't laughing at her. But,  as you said, this stands for itself indeed! 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

Btw

Was "Shadow Of Your Love" announced at some point or was it a surprise release?

A clip of it was posted on the band’s official website a few days prior as a “tease,” with a countdown clock included, but no explanation was given as to what it was for. Around that same time, billboards started popping up all over the world with pictures of the five AFD skulls, but again, no explanation was given. Then, when the countdown clock ran out later that week, the SOYL single dropped by surprise, and the website was updated with the details for the AFD reissue (including its release date).

Edited by rocknroll41

9 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

A clip of it was posted on the band’s official website a few days prior as a “tease,” with a countdown clock included, but no explanation was given as to what it was for. Around that same time, billboards started popping up all over the world with pictures of the five AFD skulls, but again, no explanation was given. Then, when the countdown clock ran out later that week, the SOYL single dropped by surprise, and the website was updated with the details for the AFD reissue (including its release date).

I hopea to see a dream tonight where they do the same with new material :)

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Wow - it almost sounds like there was structured plan in place for promotion?!!! They CAN do it! 😂

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Were people losing their minds assuming a new brand new studio album was about to be announced at the time??

1 hour ago, jackparker123 said:

Were people losing their minds assuming a new brand new studio album was about to be announced at the time??

If I remember correctly some were, but most people assumed it had something to do with AFD because of the 5 skulls (instead of just 3) and the SOYL tease :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackparker123 said:

Don't think so, given the intro riff to SOYL was playing in the background it was never going to be a new album

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

I think all manner of speculation was going on, from secret shows featuring original 5 members to new album, launch of an online subscription service, farewell tour etc etc. 

• Like 1

By the time they did the SOYL thing with that little game on the site a lot of rumours from an AFD rerelease where already circulating but we were still hoping for something different. From a new album to AFD5.

• Like 1

Can’t help myself, I have to write it here. First, I’d like to point out that I’m not one of those retards like the guy on the other forum, who won’t criticize a single small step the band and/or the management does. I’ve never had problems making fun of them and generally calling it like I see it, and I’m definitely heavily discontent with the overall lack of material released, as well as the way TB handles the public relations, plus other stuff. 

On the other hand, there seem to be dozens of people who keep promoting this narrative of absolute zero activity on the band’s (mainly Axl’s) part, while they constantly keep mixing up two completely different perspectives

Here’s what I mean. It is undisputable that the band has run NITL for too long. I’ve said it here before, they should have concluded it in 2017, had a break and focused on new material. 2018 only brought solo gigs and unnecessary additional touring, while Axl kept getting worse. And 2019 is not even worth mentioning, despite of the two deep cuts. 
They had certain time between the individual runs, and we don’t know how much of it they devoted to "the new record" and how much to just relaxing, riding around in limos, and jamming with Snoop Dogg or whoever the fuck, right? (Nah, that only came in 2020. :))

But here’s the point, finally: it has been clearly stated more than once – mainly by Slash – that the serious work on the new album would only begin after the end of the final leg, i.e. we’re talking what, the end of November 2019? 
And the two perspectives being mixed up are the fact that although we know it’s been some 4+ years since the reunion, the actual composing/recording/working time only started about 3 months ago, and don’t forget this includes the Holidays and some time off. 
So being pissed off that they generally haven’t accomplished more during these years in this regard is absolutely understandable, but for the love of god, I just won’t understand why actual arguments are being built on it, ignoring the fact that they factually only started three months ago
All this alleged laziness, inability/unwillingness to put out new music, nonexistence of new material, having to resort to CD leftovers only… all this is based on a completely false perception that it has physically taken them this long to come up with anything, even though in reality we are talking about a damn quarter of a year and nothing more. 
Frustration is one thing, physical course of time – i.e. a schedule that’s actually been set – is another. 

Does anyone see the difference? It’s a bit difficult for me – as Raj said in TBBT, if I was having this argument in my native language, I’d be so kicking butts! 

So yeah, I also poke fun at some of the stuff and the so-called management and complain about all the shit surrounding this band, from marketing to the overall lack of records, but this constant claiming that they haven’t been able to finish it in 4 years drives me up the wall, because it’s just nonsense, plain and simple. 

They didn’t start 4 years ago, they started 3 months ago!

Should it have been managed differently? Yes, absolutely. Have they been overdoing the touring? Hell yes! Are there a lot of money-milking yes-men around Axl? No doubts. Have the last two years sucked to a large extent? I’d think so. 
But has the actual creation process of a new album taken them several years? No, sir. Apples and oranges, and that’s my whole point. 

Off the soapbox here, have a nice day. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, axljungle said:

I hope they don’t release gong down. A Tommy song has nothing to do in an album with Slash and Duff. 

Apparently tommy told a fan recently that he can’t get the song back, even tho he wishes he could. Must be a record label dispute thing or something. Damn shame. Hopefully it could at least come out as a b-side or a bonus track or something.

Edited by rocknroll41

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Apparently tommy told a fan recently that he can’t get the song back, even tho he wishes he could. Must be a record label dispute thing or something. Damn shame. Hopefully it could at least come out as a b-side or a bonus track or something.

Axl sold the rights to the song to another band I believe.