The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

For whatever reason, I still think we will get something. That said, if they have no intention of doing that - just say so. That way everyone knows the score and knows where they stand.

Instead, go and mine the wealth of stuff in the vaults and release old pro-shots, deluxe editions of UYI and CD etc. Little effort, a bit of care and release them - I’ll buy them as would loads of fans.

I agree on the whole ‘just say so’ thing. 
move said it before myself, just be upfront about it. It makes no sense that they treat the whole thing like it’s secret government business or some shit.

it would seriously take a one hour meeting between the big three: are we releasing an album? No or yes.  Update social media that no we aren’t planning a new album.

on the other hand they may be afraid that telling the truth will affect ticket sales and it’s easier to keep stringing the fans along.

5 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Just so there is no confusion, Gibsonfender2323 is /jarmo.

I sincerely hope that's not true. I've honestly always been cool with Jarmo, so I would hope he's got something better to do than come here to troll our uses. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I sincerely hope that's not true. I've honestly always been cool with Jarmo, so I would hope he's got something better to do than come here to troll our uses. 

It sounds absolutely ridiculous to me and would be totally out of character. Nothing at all points to that.

I think a poster spreading random ideas he has as facts is more of a troll himself.

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Will this thread reach 100 pages with absolutely no legit confirmation or hint of a new album coming out? What's the deadline date most of here are giving up hope for something coming out for this tour, April 1st?

I believe that 200 pages.

And yes, I am serious. And please don't call me "Shirley"

• Haha 1

We've been doing this since 2011 though. Getting hopes up based on nothing. I remember when the 2011 leg was announced with Rio and everyone assumed a new album was on its way. Then when the 2012 leg was announced. Rinse and repeat. Basing our hopes on nothing. Apart from 4tus comments usually...

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, he has his own site where he can troll his own users. Seriously, if you take a look at his responses to some of the not-so-content fans, it’s like a copy + paste scenario for years (not that I really peek there any more). Sometimes I wondered whether it’s not just some slightly advanced AI instead of a real man. Seriously, same responses and reactions over and over, and of course, any criticism frowned upon. 

Oh well, his world, not mine. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Will this thread reach 100 pages with absolutely no legit confirmation or hint of a new album coming out? What's the deadline date most of here are giving up hope for something coming out for this tour, April 1st?

tbf the Troubadour show was April 1st, would be a nice way to announce the next chapter.

Also would be hilarious to seriously release the album on April Fool's Day.

4 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

tbf the Troubadour show was April 1st, would be a nice way to announce the next chapter.

Also would be hilarious to seriously release the album on April Fool's Day.

That thought actually crossed my mind, but April 1st is on a Wednesday so it won't work out. Would've been a great way to do it though. 

Although....I guess they could announce the album on Wednesday and have the whole world assume it's an April Fool, then actually release it two days later on Friday haha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

That thought actually crossed my mind, but April 1st is on a Wednesday so it won't work out. Would've been a great way to do it though. 

Although....I guess they could announce the album on Wednesday and have the whole world assume it's an April Fool, then actually release it two days later on Friday haha

Careful my friend. That sounds dangerously close to renewed hope. 😂 

Remember, “Abandon all hope ye who enter this thread.” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wouldn't be the first time someone was purposely mimicking someone else's posting style. 

That could definitely be! Just thought the prose inflections were crazy similar, as well as the oddly intense defense of the Lebeis clan.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

He talks exactly like him. I post at HTGTH and it’s...eerie.  

Funny,  I  also thought  the responses were very similar.  There is enough source material on the other forum that some threads could be renamed Jarmo V Sofine.  

Edited by JuicySwoos83
Fat fingers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

Btw. Do you believe that CD2 is really out there? Or is it just somekind of stupid joke again from that "other forum". Im dying to hear something "new" from Axl. Despite that it might be something to do with Ashba :D

CD2 exists absolutely 100%. Several of the songs listed as CD2 contenders in 2008 (months before CD was released) leaked last year in early form. 9, to be exact if you count the instrumentals. 

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

CD2 exists absolutely 100%. Several of the songs listed as CD2 contenders in 2008 (months before CD was released) leaked last year in early form. 9, to be exact if you count the instrumentals. 

More than 9 if you count the leaked songs that we didn’t even know existed beforehand like State Of Grace and Eye On You.

On 3/6/2020 at 4:21 PM, Sydney Fan said:

Yep, at least with SMKC we have new music and touring. But after the lacklustre LTD not sure how receptive i would to another release....i think slash should do another friends album and use the vocalist from dirty honey for touring.

Its unfortunate SMKC is slashs main priority.

I don't think he'll ever do another record like that, now that he's got Myles and the Conspirators. And Marc isn't going to put Dirty Honey on hold to do a Slash tour.

Why not? GnR is just a day job to make some cash; SMKC is for music he wants to release and he enjoys playing with them.

On 3/6/2020 at 5:18 PM, DTJ80 said:

Had a look at the GNRevolution thread and to be fair, that splat person also sounded positive in other posts. The below comment on its own means absolutely nothing (I could just as easily type it). If it IS the person from back in the day then it could be that the person has heard something more concrete than the rest of us.

Back to this year, I think the new tour has been pitched around new material being released.

Well I guess we'll find out soon enough then.

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Said with much certainty. How is it you know this?