The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

Btw. Do you believe that CD2 is really out there? Or is it just somekind of stupid joke again from that "other forum". Im dying to hear something "new" from Axl. Despite that it might be something to do with Ashba :D

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

It's clearly going to be announced in a few days (or just after the holidays), along with the first single.

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I take it this was a joke - I have no idea if you are kidding or not!! 😂

He talks exactly like him. I post at HTGTH and it’s...eerie.  

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

That thought actually crossed my mind, but April 1st is on a Wednesday so it won't work out. Would've been a great way to do it though. 

Although....I guess they could announce the album on Wednesday and have the whole world assume it's an April Fool, then actually release it two days later on Friday haha

Careful my friend. That sounds dangerously close to renewed hope. 😂 

Remember, “Abandon all hope ye who enter this thread.” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Wouldn't be the first time someone was purposely mimicking someone else's posting style. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wouldn't be the first time someone was purposely mimicking someone else's posting style. 

That could definitely be! Just thought the prose inflections were crazy similar, as well as the oddly intense defense of the Lebeis clan.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Funny,  I  also thought  the responses were very similar.  There is enough source material on the other forum that some threads could be renamed Jarmo V Sofine.  

Edited by JuicySwoos83
Fat fingers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

Btw. Do you believe that CD2 is really out there? Or is it just somekind of stupid joke again from that "other forum". Im dying to hear something "new" from Axl. Despite that it might be something to do with Ashba :D

CD2 exists absolutely 100%. Several of the songs listed as CD2 contenders in 2008 (months before CD was released) leaked last year in early form. 9, to be exact if you count the instrumentals. 

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

CD2 exists absolutely 100%. Several of the songs listed as CD2 contenders in 2008 (months before CD was released) leaked last year in early form. 9, to be exact if you count the instrumentals. 

More than 9 if you count the leaked songs that we didn’t even know existed beforehand like State Of Grace and Eye On You.

On 3/6/2020 at 4:21 PM, Sydney Fan said:

Yep, at least with SMKC we have new music and touring. But after the lacklustre LTD not sure how receptive i would to another release....i think slash should do another friends album and use the vocalist from dirty honey for touring.

Its unfortunate SMKC is slashs main priority.

I don't think he'll ever do another record like that, now that he's got Myles and the Conspirators. And Marc isn't going to put Dirty Honey on hold to do a Slash tour.

Why not? GnR is just a day job to make some cash; SMKC is for music he wants to release and he enjoys playing with them.

On 3/6/2020 at 5:18 PM, DTJ80 said:

Had a look at the GNRevolution thread and to be fair, that splat person also sounded positive in other posts. The below comment on its own means absolutely nothing (I could just as easily type it). If it IS the person from back in the day then it could be that the person has heard something more concrete than the rest of us.

Back to this year, I think the new tour has been pitched around new material being released.

Well I guess we'll find out soon enough then.

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Said with much certainty. How is it you know this?

I don't want "CD 2", I want a new album. I would surely like to hear the old demos at some point, but now we need a new album worked on together, not an old Axl solo refurbished with Slash's guitars. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You guys think a new single by GNR would have a music video? I mean the band is well known for those

Let me modify it: the band was well known for those in 87-93. 

If anything at all, I would 100% expect a montage from various gigs, like the stuff they put on their social media. 

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I don't want "CD 2", I want a new album. I would surely like to hear the old demos at some point, but now we need a new album worked on together, not an old Axl solo refurbished with Slash's guitars. 

Absolutely.

At this stage, releasing CD2 would just confirm what we've all suspected for many years, that GNR as a creative entity has been dead for well over a decade.

Proper new album by Slash, Duff and Axl or bust, imo.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Was the track list for CD2 ever detailed in any of the leaked documents that were doing the rounds?

13 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Was the track list for CD2 ever detailed in any of the leaked documents that were doing the rounds?

I’m not sure if an exact tracklist was ever mentioned. I believe certain songs were mentioned including Cuban Skies, Soul Monster, The General, Seven, and Ides of March. 

If the all new show was going to include new music, I think it would have been released by now. 

Think we can rule it out for the foreseeable future at this rate.

8 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

If the all new show was going to include new music, I think it would have been released by now. 

Think we can rule it out for the foreseeable future at this rate.

Nope, not necessarily. See the Use Your Illusion Tour. Started in January, with the records released only in September. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think the last shot is if they release a single (and announce an EP or album) when the tour starts, and it be released by the time the US run begins.

Yeah that’s what I’m holding onto hope for too. I agree that what you just described is the last shot they have.

Edited by rocknroll41