Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

I like the idea of being on my death bed, saying "just refresh that page one more time for me....I'm pretty sure that insider was full of shit, but I want to be totally sure....." 

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Gnfnr4L said:


My Prediction of what’s to come.

 

Guns N’ Roses 

Takeout 

Release Date: April 10-19

Two songs available: March 13
 

1. The General

2. State of Grace

3.  Hard School ( Single) 

4. Perhaps ( Single)

5. Atlas Shrugged 

6. Nothing 

7. Eye on You

8.  Zodiac 

9.  Soul Monster

10. Berlin 

11. Going Down ( Duff on Vocals)

12. Down By The Ocean

13. Ides of March

14. Seven

15. Benny & The Jets 

16. Better ( NITL Live Bonus Track)

17. The Seeker ( NITL Live Bonus Track)

18. Black Hole Sun ( NITL Live Bonus Track)

19. Slither ( NITL Live Bonus Track)

20. Wichita lineman ( NITL Live Bonus Track)

 


 

Damn, I was really looking forward to "Kitchen Pantry".

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

giphy.gif

You know what? I have the right to defend myself. You deliberately attacked my character because you don't like my views. I am not Jarmo and I never will be. I am my own person. This is so sad honestly get a life

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Ok Jarmo. Whatever you say!

 

2 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

You know what? I have the right to defend myself. You deliberately attacked my character because you don't like my views. I am not Jarmo and I never will be. I am my own person. This is so sad honestly get a life

OK......lets knock it off with the spats. If you guys want to continue arguing, take it to PMs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Izzy squire said:

Guns n' roses should postpone the shows until the next summer.

The next year, in March, a UYI Box set.

And in may , first single, and they have 2 new song, in matrix 4 and john wick 4 bso.

In summer,release the album

What? You think they should or are gonna release an album on the 30th UYI anniversary? That's never gonna happen, if the album doesn't come out this year I don't see it in 2021

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2020 at 9:45 AM, jamillos said:

Nope, not necessarily. See the Use Your Illusion Tour. Started in January, with the records released only in September. 

Yep. Or the 2001-02 and 2006-07 legs of the Chinese Democracy Tour...

That said, artists- particularly legacy acts- assumedly want better control over how you first hear their new music these days. Too much risk that their new material is D.O.A. b/c of an off night on the road somewhere that gets posted to YouTube...

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

Yep. Or the 2001-02 and 2006-07 legs of the Chinese Democracy Tour...

That said, artists- particularly legacy acts- assumedly want better control over how you first hear their new music these days. Too much risk that their new material is D.O.A. b/c of an off night on the road somewhere that gets posted to YouTube...

Right, but then again - Axl's already tried this approach out ad nauseam - actually with every single album he's made - so it shouldn't be a problem this time either, right? :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

So let’s say, just for the sake of conversation, that the start of the tour was in fact meant to coincide with the formal announcement of a new album (or even a surprise drop a la Eminem, Beyoncé, etc.).

Now, lets say between now and Saturday the whole tour does in fact get canceled.

Does the new album reveal/announcement still happen? Or does that get shelved too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

So let’s say, just for the sake of conversation, that the start of the tour was in fact meant to coincide with the formal announcement of a new album (or even a surprise drop a la Eminem, Beyoncé, etc.).

Now, lets say between now and Saturday the whole tour does in fact get canceled.

Does the new album reveal/announcement still happen? Or does that get shelved too?

It’s funny - I was thinking similar to the fact that IF the tour was cancelled and nothing regards new music is already waiting to go, then there would be literally NO excuse for not working on new material other than ‘they just don't want to’. All that spare time with no gigs - that’s when they should be working on stuff.

Regarding your specific question - I think you have to let it go, gives folk plenty of time to take it all in before the tour restarts.

Edited by DTJ80
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

It’s funny - I was thinking similar to the fact that IF the tour was cancelled and nothing regards new music is already waiting to go, then there would be literally NO excuse for not working on new material other than ‘they just don't want to’. All that spare time with no gigs - that’s when they should be working on stuff.

Regarding your specific question - I think you have to let it go, gives folk plenty of time to take it all in before the tour restarts.

By “let it go” I’m assuming you mean they would have to cancel any planned music release, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

So let’s say, just for the sake of conversation, that the start of the tour was in fact meant to coincide with the formal announcement of a new album (or even a surprise drop a la Eminem, Beyoncé, etc.).

Now, lets say between now and Saturday the whole tour does in fact get canceled.

Does the new album reveal/announcement still happen? Or does that get shelved too?

If the word is this tour is supposed to be in support of new music, then the new music gets pushed back. Unless they drip a single with a plan to resume touring.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

If the word is this tour is supposed to be in support of new music, then the new music gets pushed back. Unless they drip a single with a plan to resume touring.

I suppose just one single for now would be nice, and then they could always release a different single once the tour is able to restart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I suppose just one single for now would be nice, and then they could always release a different single once the tour is able to restart.

Yep also UMG should start doing advertising on billboards etc in key touring states as well. But the band should have at least 2 singles ready and a video as well. I think if the band can resume touring by may then1 single should suffice. Second single by july if touring doesnt start until then.

Edited by Sydney Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

By “let it go” I’m assuming you mean they would have to cancel any planned music release, right?

No - let it go as in release it....let folk absorb it ahead of rescheduled tour.  I realise this is unlikely to happen but it I’m thinking on the ‘right - we can’t hold this back any longer, let’s release it’ point of view!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

No - let it go as in release it....let folk absorb it ahead of rescheduled tour.  I realise this is unlikely to happen but it I’m thinking on the ‘right - we can’t hold this back any longer, let’s release it’ point of view!!!!

Yeah I would like that! But this is GnR we’re talking about so...

20 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yep also UMG should start doing advertising on billboards etc in key touring states as well. But the band should have at least 2 singles ready and a video as well. I think if the band can resume touring by may then1 single should suffice. Second single by july if touring doesnt start until then.

I have a feeling the euro tour will be canceled. Looks like the virus will hit peak there around May/June, right when GnR are supposed to tour there. July sounds realistic (for now) tho.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I would like that! But this is GnR we’re talking about so...

I have a feeling the euro tour will be canceled. Looks like the virus will hit peak there around May/June, right when GnR are supposed to tour there. July sounds realistic (for now) tho.

Oh...I know.....I know......that was my POSITIVE point of view! 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...