The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

13 hours ago, jamillos said:

I meant Locked n Loaded. Guys say UMG completely runs that too. I didn't know that - thought it was the band's/TB's initiative. 

Nah, I don’t think band cared much about it. 

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I can't argue with that..  Slash and Duff sold their soul and screwed over old friends for this crap....

What old friends? 

19 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I could really use the 2010 album leaking right about now...

Even just a few new songs so we can create our own new GNR album would do just fine.

1. Hardschool 
  2. Atlas Shrugged
  3. Me & My Elvis (with vocals)
  4. Perhaps
  5. Zodiac (with vocals)
  6. State Of Grace
  7. Oklahoma (with vocals)
  8. Eye On You (with even more MacDaddy)
  9. Cuban Skies
  10. The General

Edited by jackparker123
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

19 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Even just a few new songs so we can create our own new GNR album would do just fine.

1. Hardschool 
  2. Atlas Shrugged
  3. Me & My Elvis (with vocals)
  4. Perhaps
  5. Zodiac (with vocals)
  6. State Of Grace
  7. Oklahoma (with vocals)
  8. Eye On You (with even more MacDaddy)
  9. Cuban Skies
  10. The General

I suppose you could include the Bumble reworked or 1999/2000 Silkworms, and reworked OMG though mixed odd. Going Down with Axl backing vocals too, but that's a stretch. 

35 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Yup. Were the DJ solos from the 2010 sessions (mi Amor etc)?

My assumption is they were done around that time.

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They were just things he did in his own studio, like his Better remix.

Everything instrumental sounds different in that Better remix, I'm assuming it was an effort by the band. The vocals are the same take, just edited from the original.

12 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Ahh - they don’t sound out of place and sound pretty good....I had figured it was Frank, Fortus etc Playing on them!

I believe it was. It sounds like it was darn near ready for release as a bonus track. (Or whatever they planned for it)

Maybe they will re-work that version with Slash, using the new intro they play live. That would be cool!

28 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I believe it was. It sounds like it was darn near ready for release as a bonus track. (Or whatever they planned for it)

Maybe they will re-work that version with Slash, using the new intro they play live. That would be cool!

Apologies - I was talking about the DJ solos...I had assumed that Frank/Ron/Fortus were on those two tracks!

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Apologies - I was talking about the DJ solos...I had assumed that Frank/Ron/Fortus were on those two tracks!

Ohh, yeah those songs sound like he did them in garageband or something. Haha

49 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Which remix is this? I'm not sure I'm aware of it....but I presume it's leaked? 

A few Better remixes leaked. Better Gone which is a Brain remix using Bumble's acoustic guitar, the full Bumble acoustic version, and the best is DJ Ashba's Better, which is a re-worked darker version with piano, and nearly all other instruments changed. Axl's vocals are re-worked a bit. I like it. Almost as good as the album version, it's great in on it's own really. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Which remix is this? I'm not sure I'm aware of it....but I presume it's leaked? 

I'll send it to you later, it leaked in 2013. It's slower and has some piano, the vocals are the same as the album just slowed down. 

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

My assumption is they were done around that time.

Everything instrumental sounds different in that Better remix, I'm assuming it was an effort by the band. The vocals are the same take, just edited from the original.

Nah I'm sure DJ commented around the time it leaked that it was something he'd thrown together pretty quickly in his own studio.

• Like 1

So Duff and Susan did a video for Ozzy's Boneyard SiriusXM channel on Instagram and she was giving a tour of his studio. He had a whiteboard with some demo ideas and people were asking about it in the comments so he said "I'm always recording demos and stuff. Don't make anything out of anything, I'm a musician, it's what I do." 

Edit- here's the video.

Edited by MaskingApathy
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

So Duff and Susan did a video for Ozzy's Boneyard SiriusXM channel on Instagram and she was giving a tour of his studio. He had a whiteboard with some demo ideas and people were asking about it in the comments so he said "I'm always recording demos and stuff. Don't make anything out of anything, I'm a musician, it's what I do." 

Edit- here's the video.

Pity the camera doesnt pan down during susans intro:P

• Haha 1

Gosh you are all clinging to small bits and pieces of nothing at all concrete.  There is not going to ba an album of new musicreadon this forum to 2014 and you will find the same conversations an, guesses and nothing appeared.  I wish they would just come out and say there is no album but I suppose this could lose them some fans.

15 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Gosh you are all clinging to small bits and pieces of nothing at all concrete.  There is not going to ba an album of new musicreadon this forum to 2014 and you will find the same conversations an, guesses and nothing appeared.  I wish they would just come out and say there is no album but I suppose this could lose them some fans.

I agree. I just thought that what Duff said was interesting about how he's always writing and working on ideas because he's a musician. Slash is the same way but at least those 2 know how to put something together and release it.

In any case I'm waiting for the next SMKC record; hopefully next year.