The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 minute ago, GoForJMark said:

Sorry about this, but what's the story behind those titles? Never really dug up about them. Personally I don't think they have any connection with the band's current incarnation. Simply calling it "GUNS N' ROSES" would make more sense to me, it's like a fresh start or it's just the band saying fuck you to people who say "this isn't gnr, fuck this band"

Stay of Execution was once trademarked by Axl, but it has since lapsed.

Ides of March is a song title from a Chinese Democracy-era track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoForJMark said:

anybody seen this shit yet?

2qmcpwmfnhy51.png

probably 98% fake, but one can dream. 

I'd go 100 per cent fake. 

The idea physical copies of an album are released in 16 days and there has been zero announcement, publicity or even cover photo is absolutely ludicrous. 

For starters, if anything was getting released then it would have already been printed and started to be distributed by now! 

Please, please, no-one be fooled by this for even one half of a second. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GoForJMark said:

Sounds so good. 

But then again, let's not get false hopes. If November ended and no album or even a single came out, don't expect anything until they start touring again. 

Agree. Having a think about just calling the album GNR, had guns toured this year i think the tpur name was supposed to be under the moniker " guns n roses 2020 " or just 2020. Im starting to think had an album been released this year ithe album name would have been part of the tour name....

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

Agree. Having a think about just calling the album GNR, had guns toured this year i think the tpur name was supposed to be under the moniker " guns n roses 2020 " or just 2020. Im starting to think had an album been released this year ithe album name would have been part of the tour name....

My theory (before covid, of course) was that the album would’ve been called 2020 and would've had the same artwork as all the 2020 tour posters (the skeleton with the armor and the shield that says “2020” on it).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

My theory (before covid, of course) was that the album would’ve been called 2020 and would've had the same artwork as all the 2020 tour posters (the skeleton with the armor and the shield that says “2020” on it).

Yeah i think this to, which would have meant we would have had a new album released if Covid didnt happen. The whatever release date would have been interesting.

Edited by Sydney Fan

2 hours ago, Kranich said:

Personally ? I think it would be huge. Media would lose their shit and it would grow very big very soon. If youre a band with such anticipated release you dont really need to promote it (?). Like what I mean is promotion has already been done, with internet on it would go viral pretty quick.

I agree. Would've been the biggest release of the year had they done it (even bigger than Taylor Swift).

1 hour ago, Arnuld said:

Why do people enjoying trolling hard core fans so much.....

And I acknowledged it, because we ain't getting any from the band. I guess it's my bad. 

But the biggest troll here is the band or Axl alone. The radio silence about a new record is too frustrating. Like give us at least an official confirmation. 

Foo fighters have released/announced 2 records since 2017

RHCP, frusciante just came back and they're already recording/writing new music and is most likely produced by Rick Rubin

AC/DC of all bands just released Power Up

Even Ozzy regardless of his health has released a solo record. 

and here's gnr posting useless crap on IG with bullshit captions.

Edited by GoForJMark
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

But Brasky just said that there are no intention for new music right now! Within the next 2 years yes when the pandemic is over

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Brasky is mostly full of shit. He has been wrong on more stuff than he has been correct about.

What is Braskys ‘credentials’? Why do people give credence to what he says?

I genuinely don’t know - has he got specific stuff right in the past?

Surely this is easy to debunk (beyond the obvious not believing it anyway)?

I was just on Amazon UK and of course nothing to be seen. Although they did have a spot for the cancelled 2cd Very Best of from 2005...!

Edited by DTJ80
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, ThePreacher said:

Anyone remember the times when we had just few tuesdays left and those clowns like now, posted pictures from "record stores" where the mystery album was waiting in the storage? #chinesedemocracy

R.I.P. Merck's GN'R career.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

Thriller is the biggest selling record ever and it's not called Micheal Jackson :shrugs::P

Honestly, I don't mind a records name at all and at this point even less. Release something and call it The Turd, but release something.

😂

I was fully behind the idea of calling the album Chinese Democracy II in order to flip the digits at anyone who says CD isn't a GNR album, but whether or not that was actually ever the plan is unknown. I believe it was a Rolling Stone interview in 1999/2000, they said the follow up album was to be called PRL. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Thriller is the biggest selling record ever and it's not called Micheal Jackson :shrugs::P

Honestly, I don't mind a records name at all and at this point even less. Release something and call it The Turd, but release something.

Wouldn't mind buying the turd if they released it. :drool: