The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Lol I’m  desperate too. I’m in the same boat as everyone else. At the end of the day, we are all fans. And to answer your question, no, nothing new, only that the album has been finished. I’ll state it again I’m not an “insider” or claiming to be one. I just pass along certain things I hear that’s all. 

And to those who will say “but the band members keep saying they are still putting ideas together for a new album so it can’t be finished” how many times did Slash deny the reunion was happening? Even to some of his closest friends.....

COVID fucked up everything. Also, if there was an actual plan to release something in November, Axl would not step on Angus’ shoes. He has too much respect for him. I doubt they would have announced an official release until after Power Up was out. 

I don't see what AC/DC has to do with GNR releasing a record? Two completely different bands. 

• Like 4

We are all getting older and more cynical. I fully believe there is an album (or more) already recorded, but no plans at all to release it. It's a shame, but it's Axl's loss, not mine. He's being forgotten and lost almost all relevance in the industry. Certainly he can manage to get it back as he did with the 2016 tour, but there's no other moves now. 

• Like 1

If I recall correctly, someone (I think brasky but maybe I’m wrong) made an educated guess about the AFD box in 2017 and then claimed it was pushed back a year due to creative differences between the band and the label (again, educated guess), and ever since then he’s been using that “scoop” as an excuse to pretend he’s an insider.

Pretty sure everyone on GnFnR is in on the joke too, actually.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

If I recall correctly, someone (I think brasky but maybe I’m wrong) made an educated guess about the AFD box in 2017 and then claimed it was pushed back a year due to creative differences between the band and the label (again, educated guess), and ever since then he’s been using that “scoop” as an excuse to pretend he’s an insider.

Pretty sure everyone on GnFnR is in on the joke too, actually.

Their discussions are pretty...interesting.

17 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Lol I’m  desperate too. I’m in the same boat as everyone else. At the end of the day, we are all fans. And to answer your question, no, nothing new, only that the album has been finished. I’ll state it again I’m not an “insider” or claiming to be one. I just pass along certain things I hear that’s all. 

And to those who will say “but the band members keep saying they are still putting ideas together for a new album so it can’t be finished” how many times did Slash deny the reunion was happening? Even to some of his closest friends.....

COVID fucked up everything. Also, if there was an actual plan to release something in November, Axl would not step on Angus’ shoes. He has too much respect for him. I doubt they would have announced an official release until after Power Up was out. 

Cheers - appreciate you passing on what you hear. 👍

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

We are all getting older and more cynical. I fully believe there is an album (or more) already recorded, but no plans at all to release it. It's a shame, but it's Axl's loss, not mine. He's being forgotten and lost almost all relevance in the industry. Certainly he can manage to get it back as he did with the 2016 tour, but there's no other moves now. 

I feel the same, except I now fully believe there is no new album. They've beaten that one out of me. 

As you say, they're out of moves now (barring getting Izzy and Steven back) and I can't see the business sense at all in still thinking they can charge sky high prices in massive venues. Perhaps people will and can pay it, I don't know. Whatever. I can't. 

They seem to want to be a band aimed entirely at rich casual fans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Oh that's nice.  GNR has fallen off the radar here.  It would be great to have them back.  "Please come home for Christmas."

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I feel the same, except I now fully believe there is no new album. They've beaten that one out of me. 

As you say, they're out of moves now (barring getting Izzy and Steven back) and I can't see the business sense at all in still thinking they can charge sky high prices in massive venues. Perhaps people will and can pay it, I don't know. Whatever. I can't. 

They seem to want to be a band aimed entirely at rich casual fans. 

Yeah, Izzy (or the money he asked for) is what prevents this to be a real plan.

But you hit the nail on the head. I'm not rich nor casual, so I've been avoiding spending money with the band - I didn't buy Appetite for Democracy, or the AFD remastered, and surely won't give any money for trucks or crap like that. 

I think the band/Axl has lost touch with the reality for this business. And they don't care anymore to go after this.

32 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Yeah, Izzy (or the money he asked for) is what prevents this to be a real plan.

But you hit the nail on the head. I'm not rich nor casual, so I've been avoiding spending money with the band - I didn't buy Appetite for Democracy, or the AFD remastered, and surely won't give any money for trucks or crap like that. 

I think the band/Axl has lost touch with the reality for this business. And they don't care anymore to go after this.

Absolutely. Those releases were fine for what they were in my view (I must be one of the few who actually really likes Appetite For Democracy) but they're not exactly indispensable products. 

I've do idea why things are operating as they are but I think not caring anymore is a a very real possibility behind things. I think the total lack of any sort of band activity over the Covid period probably highlights it. Where other bands were going out of their way to release archive things, stream concerts, release old material, whatever, nothing was done on the GNR front...which would suggest to me that the band simply isn't that valued as something that wants to present itself in a positive light. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

I don't see what AC/DC has to do with GNR releasing a record? Two completely different bands. 

Because a Guns record being released with original material from Slash and Axl for the first time in nearly 30 years will overshadow any AC/DC album. Axl is loyal to Angus and the AC/DC brand and would never do that especially since this album is a tribute to Angus’ brother. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Towelie said:

I totally understand if this is Axl's thinking. This will most likely be AC/DC's last album. If GNR releases something now, people will gravitate more to that than AC/DC. The reason being is that it would be the first time in 27 years that Axl and Slash have written something together. I  think AC/DC should have their due this month as a result. 

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

I totally understand if this is Axl's thinking. This will most likely be AC/DC's last album. If GNR releases something now, people will gravitate more to that than AC/DC. The reason being is that it would be the first time in 27 years that Axl and Slash have written something together. I  think AC/DC should have their due this month as a result. 

Give me a break dude, yeah that’s the reason there’s no album. Maybe next year when there’s no album someone will figure out that Axl lost a tooth and put it under his pillow and decided to wait for the tooth fairy 🧚‍♀️ to come. The album can’t be released while the tooth fairy is on hiatus. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2