The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I feel the same, except I now fully believe there is no new album. They've beaten that one out of me. 

As you say, they're out of moves now (barring getting Izzy and Steven back) and I can't see the business sense at all in still thinking they can charge sky high prices in massive venues. Perhaps people will and can pay it, I don't know. Whatever. I can't. 

They seem to want to be a band aimed entirely at rich casual fans. 

In my view I can understand the band tourinv and milking the fanbase from 2016 to 2019 under the NITL moniker. First time axl and slash are together in 27 years. I dont rate duffs presence all that much.

The band dont have a wide discography like the stones, where they could tour year after year, and charge the same prices like they did under NITL.

Even modifying the setlist and expecting fans tl still turnup would not generate ticket sales.

So if the band want to charge the same ticket prices they need to make it worthwhile for fans like us to attend. That is new music.

Edited by Sydney Fan

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I'm inclined to think that it's done, they just haven't said so.

Our mate the other page back said industry people say it's done. That Malibu real estate chick said it's done too, lol. 

I'm not sure how serious i take hearsay, but we all know Slash is a workaholic. There is no reason why he couldn't have belted out Guns stuff in a week or two during lockdown or last year. We know he has been in the studio for GNR, going back at least until early last year (with his amp incident).

I would hazard a guess that most of the studio/band work is done, with the material now likely in the hands of producers and editors in post-production work.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Absolutely. Those releases were fine for what they were in my view (I must be one of the few who actually really likes Appetite For Democracy) but they're not exactly indispensable products. 

I've do idea why things are operating as they are but I think not caring anymore is a a very real possibility behind things. I think the total lack of any sort of band activity over the Covid period probably highlights it. Where other bands were going out of their way to release archive things, stream concerts, release old material, whatever, nothing was done on the GNR front...which would suggest to me that the band simply isn't that valued as something that wants to present itself in a positive light. 

You have 461 posts in this thread alone!

They owe you a got.damned.explanation. 

Honestly, I wonder if Axl and Slash are still at the exact same place they were in '94. They still just don't want to do the same thing and Axl isn't inspired at all by sleazy rock riffs.

Edited by Ant

6 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Because a Guns record being released with original material from Slash and Axl for the first time in nearly 30 years will overshadow any AC/DC album. Axl is loyal to Angus and the AC/DC brand and would never do that especially since this album is a tribute to Angus’ brother. 

This i completely understand. Which hopefully means anything new GNR will be alot of promotions invested by UMG. I just hope the wait will be wortth waiting for.

6 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Because a Guns record being released with original material from Slash and Axl for the first time in nearly 30 years will overshadow any AC/DC album. Axl is loyal to Angus and the AC/DC brand and would never do that especially since this album is a tribute to Angus’ brother. 

Haha, if this is an excuse for not releasing a new record this whole year, GNR might be the most polite band in the world.

That explains why it took them so long, and why there never be another record ever again.

They simply don't want to offend anybody's feelings. Wow, that's so cute. Now they've got my respect.

If GNR were to release something after all this years then why wouldn't Angus be that respectful to postpone ACDCs record ?

Because he doesn't care. He isn't the one worrying about bad album sales. He knows what an ACDC is worth. GNR doesn't. 

Edited by Free Bird
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

So Axl doesn't want to release anything close to AC/DC release or he doesn't want to start promotion until "PWR UP" is out?

As of now that is just a fan theory on here, personally I think with or without AC/DC and with or without COVID we wouldn't have seen a new album this month anyways lol

4 hours ago, Ant said:

Honestly, I wonder if Axl and Slash are still at the exact same place they were in '94. They still just don't want to do the same thing and Axl isn't inspired at all by sleazy rock riffs.

If there are any AC/DC-like riffs then he surely will be inspired.

3 hours ago, WhazUp said:

"My dog ate my album masters"?

It’s a nightmare when that happens 😂

8 hours ago, Ant said:

That figure is seriously concerning to me.

I know I haven't got anything better to do at the moment but I REALLY need to get a life! 

I really do need Covid to end so I can return to going out and drinking heavily. It's better for my sanity. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ant said:

I was thinking more about this - if there were some great AC/DC style sleazy riffs (late 70s to very early 80s) then he would absolutely be inspired by this as we know his love of AC/DC and he would be able to properly knock it out the park vocally.

Now - I’d hope that any new release was more varied than just chock-full of AC/DC style songs as what set GNR apart was the variety of styles. And based on the two songs from PWRUP....I am underwhelmed by what I’m hearing and I originally really liked Shot In The Dark.

I realise I have gone off on a tangent. 😂

9 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

In my view I can understand the band tourinv and milking the fanbase from 2016 to 2019 under the NITL moniker. First time axl and slash are together in 27 years. I dont rate duffs presence all that much.

The band dont have a wide discography like the stones, where they could tour year after year, and charge the same prices like they did under NITL.

Even modifying the setlist and expecting fans tl still turnup would not generate ticket sales.

So if the band want to charge the same ticket prices they need to make it worthwhile for fans like us to attend. That is new music.

They need forward momentum really. Something to tell people they're still a thing worth paying attention to. The novelty of the reunion is well and truly over....time for the 'next chapter'. And having some new lights and switching one 30 year old song for another really isn't a 'next chapter' in many people's eyes. 

We know they CAN do it....which is the frustration! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1