The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, ThePreacher said:

We would make an excellent documentary of a fanbase with endless hope of something that will probably never see the light of the day  "Endless Waiting"

I have actually considered something like this in the past. The fandom of GNR I think would make a really interesting topic, there's so many questions that non-fnas would ask.

If anyone has any experience of this sort of thing, and wants to have a go.....DM me! 

Edited by allwaystired

4 hours ago, Legendador said:

I  remember when I was a teenager, I got as Christmas gifts the "Use Your Illusion I & II (World Tour 1992 in Tokyo)" VHS, the "Oh Say Can, You Scream" VHS  (Skid Row) and the "Live Shit: Binge & Purge" (Metallica).

Happy kid, right?

GNR was and is my favorite band, so I startet by watching the UYI tapes, by the fourth song I was curious to watch both "road docs" by Skid Row and Metallica. To me a live show at Tokyo was cool, bu something was lacking (this was 93 or 94 to me).

I started watching Skid Row's doc and it blew me away, it was cooler than GNR's big bloated concert, then Metallica's, which was cooler than Skid Row's. We could really see both bands operating, their backstage life, their raw songs, it was fun, it wasn't boring.

That always bothered me about GNR, I love them, but they blew/blow every single opportunity to really entertain their fans and that, to me, turned the band into a boring act.

• Tha hiatus between 1994 and 2000 - Boring
  • Matt Sorum himself - Boring and Whinny
  • Sympathy for the Devil - Boring
  • OMG - Boring
  • Rock In Rio 2001 - Boring (come on! Axl lost me in the middle of WTTJ with the Mickey voice)
  • Mickey voice - Boring (he does that on purpose because he wants to do longer shows with GNR and that prevents him to blow his voice, just watch the AC/DC show and see that his voice was full on, not Mickey at all, and thoses shows were 1 1/2 hour long)
  • The 2002 Circus - Boring and depressing
  • 2006 was ok
  • The hype on the ChiDem's release was great
  • Chinese Democracy itself was a disappointment (let's face it and the music industry does not even talk about it anymore, to the overall fans it is the same - not a GNR record. Not a single memorable song, maybe "Street of Dreams")
  • 2010 / 2012 was ok
  • 2013 / 2014 was awfull (The band felt tired and it was the same setlist over and over again)
  • The Vegas Residency - Booooooooooooooring they sounded like a cover band
  • DJ Ashba - Boring
  • Bumblefoot - Boring
  • That keyboard player that I forgot the name and that got fired - Boring
  • 2016 - Reunion was coooool
  • 2017 - Same setlist and it became boring (Slash and Duff were not smiling as much)
  • 2018 - Boring (same show, same setlist, too many cover songs, shows are too long, they are not even interacting that much with each other)
  • 2019 - Boring
  • ALL instrumentals that leaked - BORING
  • The setlists with alternative new songs or deep cuts that were never played in 4 years - Boring
  • A kid's book - cool (if we had a proper music release)
  • That same "give us a new record" shit for 20 years - Boring

The thing is, just the hardcore fans care about a new album, they pack stadiums and will always pack because people want to hear SCOM and Patience and November Rain to exhaustion.

Do you see the same hype about a new record the same as it was for Chinese Democracy? People don't care anymore.

The band is boring, has zero credibility, and we are here just waiting to get even more bored. Us, hardcore fans, we don't even make fun of the band not releasing anything new in 12 years! We just complaint and create theories.

The only record that we will maybe have is a LIVE NITL 2016 to 2020 release, and that's it! This is why the GNR Selects are for. BORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING.

I give up on this band for now. As Axl say himself "he doesn't owe us anything"!

So. I might be wrong, but you were fairly bored? 😂

I can’t say I agree with all your points but respect them. 06 and 09/10 were better than OK for me at least.

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Ha! Are you serious? The biggest problem with CD was Axl’s choices of songs. And, his vocals. 

the voice of Axl during CD sessions ? Are u killing me. He was at his best level. try to find TIL with the mix of DJ Ashba (I think it's him). It's the best of Axl voice u will find.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Ha! Are you serious? The biggest problem with CD was Axl’s choices of songs. And, his vocals. 

I'm dead serious. Izzy is my favorite artist and his guitar work was sorely missing. But that wasn't the only problem, obviously. Most of the songs are a copy and paste mess with too many layers of guitars and vocals. Some, like Catcher and The Blues, could have been great GnR songs with Izzy and Slash on them. As for the voice, Axl even admitted himself that his clean voice wasn't received as well as he had hoped it would be. It's all good, though. He tried it and most people didn't like it :shrugs: It's not the end of the world to have a release not live up to the hype. Just move on and try again.

1 hour ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

the voice of Axl during CD sessions ? Are u killing me. He was at his best level. try to find TIL with the mix of DJ Ashba (I think it's him). It's the best of Axl voice u will find.

DJ Ashba only plays on the emo version of Better and his two solo instrumentals. That's Robin on the remix.

26 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

I'm dead serious. Izzy is my favorite artist and his guitar work was sorely missing. But that wasn't the only problem, obviously. Most of the songs are a copy and paste mess with too many layers of guitars and vocals. Some, like Catcher and The Blues, could have been great GnR songs with Izzy and Slash on them. As for the voice, Axl even admitted himself that his clean voice wasn't received as well as he had hoped it would be. It's all good, though. He tried it and most people didn't like it :shrugs: It's not the end of the world to have a release not live up to the hype. Just move on and try again.

DJ Ashba only plays on the emo version of Better and his two solo instrumentals. That's Robin on the remix.

Great post.

It’s kinda surreal that despite all the cash we hemorrhage, the pain we endure, the years we spent spreading the gospel of GNR, we are seen as nothing more than a collective group of “agitators” and we are despised utterly despised by the man we all cherish. 

19 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Our mate the other page back said industry people say it's done. That Malibu real estate chick said it's done too, lol. 

I'm not sure how serious i take hearsay, but we all know Slash is a workaholic. There is no reason why he couldn't have belted out Guns stuff in a week or two during lockdown or last year. We know he has been in the studio for GNR, going back at least until early last year (with his amp incident).

I would hazard a guess that most of the studio/band work is done, with the material now likely in the hands of producers and editors in post-production work.

Its not done. Axl is still tweaking his vocals from 1999.

1 hour ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

No I speak about the TIL he produce (if it's him) with a very slow tempo. Not on sale.

Noboby know what I'm talking about ? Maybe I'm wrong !!!!! 

That was a version of Better, not TIL. 

19 hours ago, DTV88 said:

What's the next excuse, Fernando?

the cassette player they used to record everything broke.  they expect a new cassette player as soon as they are available- looks like 4 to 6 months.  everything is on backorder due to new quarantine hobbies.  apparently cassette players are to musicians as what banana bread is to people trying to shut their kids up while on lockdown.

for those who dont understand sarcasm, this is it.  But at the same time I kind of feel like it could be true.  lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, vloors said:

Its not done. Axl is still tweaking his vocals from 1999.

You're joking, but there are people suggesting that if they use the old Axl tunes from the CD sessions (which I think is beyond doubt), they might actually use those original vocal tracks, instead of re-singing it. I consider that unthinkable, and if it was the case, it would be a big FY to the fans. Who does that. I hope he'll do it anew. 

40 minutes ago, jamillos said:

You're joking, but there are people suggesting that if they use the old Axl tunes from the CD sessions (which I think is beyond doubt), they might actually use those original vocal tracks, instead of re-singing it. I consider that unthinkable, and if it was the case, it would be a big FY to the fans. Who does that. I hope he'll do it anew. 

Imagine that, all we get are chinese makeovers with old vocals. It is possible.

11 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Nah. It would be if Slash wasn't in the band. But he's worked on new music I presume, and it would make no sense if his only task was remaking Axl's demos without his own original input. They need to show the world what they're capable of even in terms of composing new music as a band, not just refurbishing old material. I believe it'll be a mixture in the end. 

16 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

So. I might be wrong, but you were fairly bored? 😂

I can’t say I agree with all your points but respect them. 06 and 09/10 were better than OK for me at least.

I’m so bored with this band right now! 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Thing is - we don’t even know what vocal style is on the other stuff. Hardschool was the perfect blend, there is the TIL remix ultra-rasp.....I’d absolutely prefer new vocals as we know he can kill it in the studio and would be more likely to replicate current voice in a live setting

However - beggars can’t be choosers either - and I’ll take whatever.....and that whatever could be absolutely killer anyway.

Edited by DTJ80