The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I dont know....i think introducing a new song at the SB woukd be wayyyyy to risky for this band. The stress would be to enormous.

The fact that you’re right shows just how sad and delicate this band can be. Jesus.

• Thanks 1

Poll:

Do you think a)They give us somekind of statement about new music 

B)Suddenly they release new Song via Youtube as a surprise, without any warning?

Or is same to ask if President Trump will tell us the truth about aliens or do the aliens arrive here out of nowhere, without any warning?

12 hours ago, Rickodez said:

So they're going to tour a new album with Axl's voice totally tired and shot after 5 years of touring?

I dont even know if i would want new music like this, all the hype, nice studio vocals and then you see them live...

2016 was so long ago now, this tour should have ended in 17-18, so they could rest pretty well before touring again. 

Makes no sense to tour so much, release a new album and go back on the road so fast. Dont want to imagine what Axl would sound like after like 8 years touring non stop.

You’d think most new music would be recorded with fresh Axl vocals. So they’d have to suit his current style and limitations and he’d be able to pull them off live reasonably ok at least.

Not like time off has ever done his voice any good anyway. 

52 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I've been heavily into the Pearl Jam community the past couple of years. Lucky for me, as soon as I got into that band they stopped touring as often as they used too haha.. not. 

Anyway, rarely do my Pearl Jam and Guns N' Roses worlds cross over (besides the fact that Dave Abruzzese could have been in GNR... no seriously look it up) but when they do its always interesting. 

According to a massive PJ insider, Pearl Jam was actually supposed to headline GNR's spot at Pinkpop, the Netherlands biggest music festival, but within the last couple of weeks, probably while GNR were finalizing their schedule, Pearl Jam were removed and Guns N' Roses were guaranteed the spot. How did Pearl Jam react? They added a show at the end of the tour in Amsterdam. That one sold out, so they added a second one. THAT one sold out. 

My point in saying all of this: How and WHY did Pinkpop tell Pearl Jam, a band with so much Pinkpop history (92, 00, 18) , guaranteed fanbase/ticket sales, and an impending album on the way that they weren't going to headline and give the gig to GNR? 

Easy. 

GNR and their management have something to sell. When you're dealing with talent-buying and festival management, you don't just pull the plug on a plan unless there is a better one in place.

Axl, Slash, Duff on the same recording for the first time since 1991.

A new album. 

"the next f'n chapter starts now" 

This is what sold that show to those promoters. And by god, this, hard school on the setlist, and Fernandos most likely intoxicated comments when he found out what Reddit was (welcome to 2019) are the only fucking shards of hope that i'm holding on to. 

I can see "the nest f'n chapter starts now" being the new "we're going to start looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard"........ 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

My point in saying all of this: How and WHY did Pinkpop tell Pearl Jam, a band with so much Pinkpop history (92, 00, 18) , guaranteed fanbase/ticket sales, and an impending album on the way that they weren't going to headline and give the gig to GNR? 

Easy.

Sounds like it's just your guess. Possible, but there is no real proof they have anything to promote except their old smelly nostalgia cash grabbin' shows.

20 hours ago, Towelie said:

Maybe I'm a mug, but I actually believe it's going to happen. All the signs are there. 

I thought when we heard Axl sounding pretty polished this year from show one of the last run that he must've been recording.

I feel quietly confident we're going to get an album next year.

I agree. If you are a long time GNR fan going back to the 80s, you know that Axl never sounds good for the first couple of shows on a tour. For this leg of the NITL, he sounded really good starting with the first show. To me, it seems like something was happening beforehand. Most likely, he was in the studio. 

3 hours ago, Caedo said:

You’d think most new music would be recorded with fresh Axl vocals. So they’d have to suit his current style and limitations and he’d be able to pull them off live reasonably ok at least.

Not like time off has ever done his voice any good anyway. 

Nobody thought he could do Shadow of your love and.............he did !!!

the hype for a new gnr album isnt anywhere close to what it was leading up the CD and im pretty sure the band (including axl) knows this very well. Their mindset is probably exactly the same mindset some of the people on this forum have (itll come out when it comes out) theres no rush or anxiety and outside these boards no one really gives a shit if anything comes out or not and i think thatll only help the band make better music.

if i had to take a wild guess id say they probably play a new song or two on the european tour then a new album right before the next north american leg. but this is GNR after all, so who fuckin knows.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I don't understand the love for the live rendtions of 'SOYL' from NITL. To my ears, Axl does not sound good on it, at all.

It just sounds really painful IMO. The same goes for every other "hard rasp" he tried after 2017. Like you're putting his vocal chords in a shredder.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

the hype for a new gnr album isnt anywhere close to what it was leading up the CD and im pretty sure the band (including axl) knows this very well. Their mindset is probably exactly the same mindset some of the people on this forum have (itll come out when it comes out) theres no rush or anxiety and outside these boards no one really gives a shit if anything comes out or not and i think thatll only help the band make better music.

if i had to take a wild guess id say they probably play a new song or two on the european tour then a new album right before the next north american leg. but this is GNR after all, so who fuckin knows.

I disagree.  Axl and his replacements couldnt sell out a HS gym.  Their was interest to see why he broke up a great band and we wanted to see the "new direction".  With the big 3 grossing the the 3rd highest tour, their is PLENTY of interest in new music

3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I don't understand the love for the live rendtions of 'SOYL' from NITL. To my ears, Axl does not sound good on it, at all.

There were a couple good performances of it in 2018, but yea it's way overrated on here.

How people can honestly say he sounded raspy and powerful on it during the 2019 shows is beyond me... at this point he just shrieks his way through the song, hoping that rasp comes out. Sometimes it does, and sometimes it just sounds painful and bad, similar to the heavy bridge section of Better that he struggled with for quite a while.

• Like 2

On 14.12.2019 at 1:23 AM, GnR Chris said:

I think the last round of leaks probably already "ruined" some of the surprise of a new record. I'd be shocked if "Hardschool" wasn't the first single.

It ruined the surprise to us, maybe, but we count for just a percentage of a percentage of the market. I wouldn't worry if I was GN'R.