The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Nah, I know the version of TIL he means. Some of it, it’s up there with the best studio vocals Axl has ever done. 

TIL did not have DJ Ashba on it, which is what I was responding to. 

5 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Maybe not the style, but you can't argue it wasn't powerful or an incredible performance. Like I'm not a massive whiteny houston fan, but at her peak her vocal was brilliant. There was a time, you don't have to like the song or the tone of voice in it, but jeez how many people in history can sing like that? Axl could then, I doubt he comes close now

Sure the vocals were powerful and all that. But it wasn't enjoyable to the majority of fans. No matter what the NuGuns nutswingers want to believe, CD was and continues to be a massive disappointment. 

18 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Sure the vocals were powerful and all that. But it wasn't enjoyable to the majority of fans. No matter what the NuGuns nutswingers want to believe, CD was and continues to be a massive disappointment. 

That's what you are going to get for the next album, so get ready for 'disappointment' again. ;)

Or are you going to suck Slash's dick for some re-recorded solo on those same 'disappointing' songs? That would be something fun to read!

Thankfully, only 'Slash nutswingers' like you didn't enjoy CD. The majority of fans to this day, still chant the opening notes for Chinese Democracy and sing over the lines of Better. Even Slash admitted it's a great record!

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

That's what you are going to get for the next album, so get ready for 'disappointment' again. ;)

Or are you going to suck Slash's dick for some re-recorded solo on those same 'disappointing' songs? That would be something fun to read!

Thankfully, only 'Slash nutswingers' like you didn't enjoy CD. The majority of fans to this day, still chant the opening notes for Chinese Democracy and sing over the lines of Better. Even Slash admitted it's a great record!

A Slash nutswinger like me? :lol: Now, if you had called me an Izzy nutswinger I'd agree with you.

And no, the "majority of fans" don't sing along to CD songs. That's pure self-delusion and hilarious to read. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DTV88 said:

A Slash nutswinger like me? :lol: Now, if you had called me an Izzy nutswinger I'd agree with you.

And no, the "majority of fans" don't sing along to CD songs. That's pure self-delusion and hilarious to read. 

You only need to go to a NITL concert to see how most the CD songs affect a majority of the crowd 

Alot of people use them to go to the bathroom, get drinks and whatever. The crowd dies down no matter what people on a fan forum think.

Hardly anyone knows the songs except for a small majority of the crowd.

4 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Your dreaming. Hardly anyone knows CD songs at the concerts. Its a minority.

• Like 4

On 11/13/2020 at 5:16 PM, DTJ80 said:

What did you think? I was pretty underwhelmed with only 2/3 good tracks. No BAD tracks but just ‘there’. I don’t think it’s going to get much replay value. I was buzzed with all the great reviews but I just don’t hear it. Nightmare. If folks love it though - good for them. 👍 And kudos to AC/DC for getting new music out regardless.

I reckon a ‘duet’ with Axl and Brian could have been dynamite on Demon Fire...Brian used low and high vocals and reckon something cool could have happened here.

I like the new record.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I like the new record.

Fair enough - loads of folk seem to like it too. Just doesn’t ‘float my boat’. I think I’m right in saying that the riffs originated between Stiff Upper Lip and Black Ice....which is part of the problem for me as those albums were not great at all (l really like Black Ice the song though.....great song).

If the riffs had been taken from say 1980 I’m confident it would have been better....but this is just my opinion and if folks like Power Up then good on them. 👍

Edited by DTJ80

On 11/13/2020 at 1:08 PM, DTJ80 said:

I get that argument....but if it was consistently of the quality of Powerage, BIB, HTH etc then I’d be absolutely fine with that!

Powerage absolutely rocks and is my favourite all time accadacca record. Not a weak song on it. I also have the vinyl version with the alternate track listing and different raw mix which is equally fantastic.

I do think to expect everything to always be at the very very top level is asking too much though. You need the valleys otherwise the mountain peaks wouldn't exist.

I've listened through Power Up twice and it rocks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Powerage absolutely rocks and is my favourite all time accadacca record. Not a weak song on it. I also have the vinyl version with the alternate track listing and different raw mix which is equally fantastic.

I do think to expect everything to always be at the very very top level is asking too much though. You need the valleys otherwise the mountain peaks wouldn't exist.

I've listened through Power Up twice and it rocks.

Oh agreed - never going to be exactly the same level but ‘ballpark’ would be achievable. TBH - I’ve not been fussed for much since Razors Edge....I’ve found much of the following four albums to have a couple of standout tracks and that’s about it.

I said in another post that the fact the majority of this material was from the Black Ice sessions is quite telling for me as I found Black Ice quite uninspired like Power Up.

Just my opinion though - and judging by reviews and other opinions it seems I’m in the minority. That’s cool though. 😂

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I don't think AC/DC will ever better 'Back In Black', but that doesn't matter. 

It's incredible that some people lean towards the attitude (especially with GNR) that 'oh it won't be as good as their classic album, so why bother?'. What an attitude! Imagine if you applied it to you own life? 'oh, I won the school sports day when I was 8, and the whole school applauded me, so I'm not going to run anymore' or 'I went on a date once and had a really good time, so I'm never going on another date again'. 

Doing something great in the past should never mean you give up! Full credit to AC/DC for doing another album. From what I've heard of it, I'm not fussed about it....but so what? Others love it. I love CD, but plenty hate it. Opinions and different views are good. 

Pretty much where I’m at. Kudos to them for putting themselves out there regardless of being ‘past their prime’ or whatever I think of their recent stuff. It’s absolutely clear they are doing it for the right reasons - they love to rock. And you will ALWAYS get a diamond on these latter-day releases....as a MetallicA fan Hardwired was absolutely fantastic with loads to like. I’m convinced GNR would be the same - unlikely to be back to front brilliance (hope it is) but you will get some diamonds for sure.

On a side note - there is an AC/DC special on Planet Rock on just now....playing new stuff mixed with old stuff......the new stuff fits well but just misses with a lack of killer riff or vocal hook. I don’t know if Malcolm had a big say on choruses?

The other big Takeaway is Brian Johnson sounds like the coolest MF about....could listen to him all day. 😂

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

What exactly was it the Susan said? I can’t remember now (and couldn’t find the page on the thread).....did she say she had been given the heads up by management to say a bit about new stuff? I remember she said what she had heard was epic but can’t remember WHY she said it...was sure she was given the OK to do it?

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Pretty much where I’m at. Kudos to them for putting themselves out there regardless of being ‘past their prime’ or whatever I think of their recent stuff. It’s absolutely clear they are doing it for the right reasons - they love to rock. And you will ALWAYS get a diamond on these latter-day releases....as a MetallicA fan Hardwired was absolutely fantastic with loads to like. I’m convinced GNR would be the same - unlikely to be back to front brilliance (hope it is) but you will get some diamonds for sure.

On a side note - there is an AC/DC special on Planet Rock on just now....playing new stuff mixed with old stuff......the new stuff fits well but just misses with a lack of killer riff or vocal hook. I don’t know if Malcolm had a big say on choruses?

The other big Takeaway is Brian Johnson sounds like the coolest MF about....could listen to him all day. 😂

Hardwired is a banger of an album. Metallica are as good as ever.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Hardwired is a banger of an album. Metallica are as good as ever.

Totally - I think there is only a couple of duffers in the album (Now That We Are Dead and Here Comes Revenge).

To get an album that good at this stage of their career was quite something.