The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, ThePreacher said:

Most trustworthy manager of lifetime

1)Tells fans that new album out in 6 months---> a year has now passed and nothing

2)Tells fans that there will be a live release before the end of the year-----> Well, this year is almost done. We have had huge covid-vaccine news and stuff but what do you think will happen with this? =)

Hopefully he won't tell us that he'll live forever

4 minutes ago, mattromero said:

what is The Project?

The Project was the beginning of what went on to become VR. It was Izzy, Slash, Matt and Duff. They said they wrote the 'best Guns album' together. But Izzy walked as soon as lead singers came into the picture. He wanted himself and Duff to be the singers.

Weiland was presented the Projects tapes and said that he found them too "classic" and urged the band to be more modern."

They did use at least one riff from the Izzy jams, though. We can tell because the same riff is on the VR track Do It For The Kids and the Izzy Stradlin track Bomb.

Perhaps there are more riffs and stuff from The Project on either Contraband and Izzy's Like a Dog album.

1 hour ago, ThePreacher said:

1)Tells fans that new album out in 6 months---> a year has now passed and nothing

2)Tells fans that there will be a live release before the end of the year-----> Well, this year is almost done. We have had huge covid-vaccine news and stuff but what do you think will happen with this? =)

Fernando's community outreach is the music equivalent of dangling a carrot on a stick in front of a donkey.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

I'll believe Nando would be able to suck his own dick before the year ends or any new music is out for that matter.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

So, new tour in Oceania announced today.......... Does that mean the album is on the way..... Or, they need more money?      Anyway, isn't Smkc recording album next year? 

There’s nothing in this tour promo that suggests a new GN’R album is coming. The tour promoter has been quoted saying it’s an all new show, but with the old classic songs.

I still think we’ll see the next SMKC album before a new Guns album.  

5 hours ago, metallex78 said:

There’s nothing in this tour promo that suggests a new GN’R album is coming. The tour promoter has been quoted saying it’s an all new show, but with the old classic songs.

I still think we’ll see the next SMKC album before a new Guns album.  

You know i would laugh if SMKC release a new album early next year and tour it in oz before GNRs dates.

• Haha 1

Yah know, when I think about this hardcore fanbase and all the nutcases that have been part of it for decades now (nobody on this site, but I think you guys know the people I’m talking about), I honestly can’t say I blame the band for not wanting to do new music or anything else that only us hardcores really care about anyways.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yah know, when I think about this hardcore fanbase and all the nutcases that have been part of it for decades now (nobody on this site, but I think you guys know the people I’m talking about), I honestly can’t say I blame the band for not wanting to do new music or anything else that only us hardcores really care about anyways.

The change in tone on social media comments suggests it’s not just us hardcore fans who want new material. I’d be surprised if the apparent lack of new material was in part due to ‘the crazies’. The fact they were allowed to properly fuck up loads of great stuff for all fans is just crazy. Total weirdos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Fernando said on Reddit a while back that GNRs legacy is safe/secure.....but is it?

As time moves on and GNR cease to be people will look back to them in the same way we probably looked back at the Zeppelins, Sabbaths or whatever. These bands had sizeable discographies and a multitude of live releases meaning we could really see ‘what all he fuss was about’. And because of all the material you COULD say - actually, Zeppelin were a force live etc.

As it stands if anyone looks back at GNRs discography they will see the Tokyo DVDs and AFDemocracy.....AFD is ok at best with some decent songs and pretty good production and Tokyo a is a few steps better performance-wise but has a poor production value and a weird lack of atmosphere. People would watch these and go - what’s the fuss about. 🤷🏼‍♂️ So when we know there is live material in the vaults from throughout the history of the band which would properly show future generations what GNR were all about....that’s not protecting the legacy at all if it’s cooped up to rot. And - the fact you cannot purchase LIES, UYI 1/2, Spaghetti or CD (never mind Live Era) from the official website is staggering. I don’t think there is even a discography section?!?!

Case in point:- 

The average punter wont know of the soundboard leaks and/or the fantastic work undertaken by key players in the fan community to:-

A) give the fans THE killer content they deserve from a live performance perspective and

B) preserve the legacy which doesn’t appear to be happening officially

I genuinely don’t think TB are to blame for everything but I just can’t understand why it has been allowed to get to this stage. And why UMG/Geffen and all key parties are not pushing to release existing recordings is just baffling - there is literally NO downside to releasing recordings you already have in any number of configurations - download/streaming costs almost nothing and brings in cash, boosts discography and shows everyone what the band was/is about. For ‘big gigs’ or whatever you can have physical releases too.

I’m just a random on a fans website waffling away but the above points and many more of the observations made on here by fellow posters make so much sense it’s just utterly bewildering. I’d love to be able to ask Fernando or even the band what the thoughts are behind the bizarre approach.

Time to kill so figured I’d vent......must be a new record for size of post. 😂

We are all fans (so by definition ‘fanatics’) and it’s gutting that we see our favourite band being handled so amateur like.

Don't forget all the YouTube videos that aren't there anymore, so you can't watch that live content.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2020 at 11:44 AM, allwaystired said:

Anyone heard from Malibu Monica? She OK? 

She's doing good! 

From what I gathered from talking with her, I believe a friend played her some songs from the Village leaks. I don't know for sure, and didn't hear back when I asked for clarification. 

56 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

She's doing good! 

From what I gathered from talking with her, I believe a friend played her some songs from the Village leaks. I don't know for sure, and didn't hear back when I asked for clarification. 

Haha- can't believe you actually tracked her down and spoke to her! 

So basically it was nonsense. As we expected of course. 

10 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Haha- can't believe you actually tracked her down and spoke to her! 

So basically it was nonsense. As we expected of course. 

I'm one crazy mofo I guess! Her response basically went like this:

"Alex, I don't appreciate the nude poses with a cat and firearms, but I can say I heard a rocker and something melodic along the lines of The Blues."

The last part is true, so inconclusive overall but probably Hardschool and Perhaps or Atlas if I had to guess from the Village leaks.

To be fair all the leaks are out there to listen to. Most of them are good quality. Axl obviously thought that they weren't good enough to release. They wouldn't really benefit from putting new stuff out there as people love Appetite. They can make a fortune from touring. I don't think they will ever release another record tbh.

14 minutes ago, siraddam said:

To be fair all the leaks are out there to listen to. Most of them are good quality. Axl obviously thought that they weren't good enough to release. They wouldn't really benefit from putting new stuff out there as people love Appetite. They can make a fortune from touring. I don't think they will ever release another record tbh.

I totally disagree with this - but respect your opinion. The leaks are out there but that’s only a point in time - there is other stuff from over the years. Axl himself said that the material was to be spread over a number of albums - so the songs he himself said were his favourites aren’t even on CD.

And why wouldn’t they benefit from releasing new stuff - keeps a large part of the fans happy and probably keeps the interest high for the touring ‘machine’. Scouring the social media shows a groundswell of dissenting voices at the lack of new material.

As I say - totally respect your opinion. 👍

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

20 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Chinese democracy sold over 600k physical copies in the world in it's first week. That's Axl and 7 guys no one had ever heard of, with zero promotion. Uk no2 to a killers new release and USA no3 to Taylor swift I think it was? ACDC just recorded the highest first week sales of any album in the UK in 2020. Just the hardcores buying a new GnR album would probably get it to number 1 in the UK/USA in the modern world. The whole of south america are pretty hardcore too.

Then you throw in the casuals who would download it and listen to it a few times, maybe save 1/2 of the best songs in a playlist? A band with the 3rd highest grossing tour ever only just completed and with promotion and with Slash and duff involved? This would be the biggest release of 2021 by a mile. One look at the social media discontent at a lack of new album is another indicator. The world wants new GnR music, it's at the teetering point, Announce soon and be met with mass fan fare. Delay and tour for another year or 2 and watch interest disintegrate and any album in 2022 and 2023 will be met with 'Meh, too late' So considering the management of GnR expect a new album in 2024. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Fernando said on Reddit a while back that GNRs legacy is safe/secure.....but is it?

As time moves on and GNR cease to be people will look back to them in the same way we probably looked back at the Zeppelins, Sabbaths or whatever. These bands had sizeable discographies and a multitude of live releases meaning we could really see ‘what all he fuss was about’. And because of all the material you COULD say - actually, Zeppelin were a force live etc.

As it stands if anyone looks back at GNRs discography they will see the Tokyo DVDs and AFDemocracy.....AFD is ok at best with some decent songs and pretty good production and Tokyo a is a few steps better performance-wise but has a poor production value and a weird lack of atmosphere. People would watch these and go - what’s the fuss about. 🤷🏼‍♂️ So when we know there is live material in the vaults from throughout the history of the band which would properly show future generations what GNR were all about....that’s not protecting the legacy at all if it’s cooped up to rot. And - the fact you cannot purchase LIES, UYI 1/2, Spaghetti or CD (never mind Live Era) from the official website is staggering. I don’t think there is even a discography section?!?!

Case in point:- 

The average punter wont know of the soundboard leaks and/or the fantastic work undertaken by key players in the fan community to:-

A) give the fans THE killer content they deserve from a live performance perspective and

B) preserve the legacy which doesn’t appear to be happening officially

I genuinely don’t think TB are to blame for everything but I just can’t understand why it has been allowed to get to this stage. And why UMG/Geffen and all key parties are not pushing to release existing recordings is just baffling - there is literally NO downside to releasing recordings you already have in any number of configurations - download/streaming costs almost nothing and brings in cash, boosts discography and shows everyone what the band was/is about. For ‘big gigs’ or whatever you can have physical releases too.

I’m just a random on a fans website waffling away but the above points and many more of the observations made on here by fellow posters make so much sense it’s just utterly bewildering. I’d love to be able to ask Fernando or even the band what the thoughts are behind the bizarre approach.

Time to kill so figured I’d vent......must be a new record for size of post. 😂

We are all fans (so by definition ‘fanatics’) and it’s gutting that we see our favourite band being handled so amateur like.

Well said. It's baffling. Beyond explanation and points to a pisspoor leader in Axl, terrible management and the fact that in reality they just don't give a shit.