The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

7 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Well said. It's baffling. Beyond explanation and points to a pisspoor leader in Axl, terrible management and the fact that in reality they just don't give a shit.

It’s really is baffling. I mean, Axl clearly cared enough about GNR and had a vision...I just can’t get my head around why it seems to be going the opposite way. The current situation/quality in regards to the GNR ‘business’ is not befitting of a band of its stature.

As fans we probably look at GNR like we would a sports team....so when you see it not performing as it should it starts to get a bit ‘fractious’ within the support. At the moment - it seems certain elements of the wider community care more about the band as it is NOW and it’s ongoing legacy.

I mean - why they can’t get on board with Marc Canters 50 Gigs project is just so sad. They literally don’t have to lift a finger as someone else is doing all the work!

• Like 2

If there was a new album on the making Slash would not be work with SMKC... he is working with SMKC and that says two things 1  the next plans for gnr are live 2. They haven't moved past "very seriously" talking about a new album.

Gnr will likely tour in 2021 now that vaccines are being created, in the downtime Slash will be away with Myles... because Slash is away they won't be able to commit to the studio and 10 yrs from now there won't be a follow up record to CD. This band is basically over, outside of performing old tired material.

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

If there was a new album on the making Slash would not be work with SMKC... he is working with SMKC and that says two things 1  the next plans for gnr are live 2. They haven't moved past "very seriously" talking about a new album.

Gnr will likely tour in 2021 now that vaccines are being created, in the downtime Slash will be away with Myles... because Slash is away they won't be able to commit to the studio and 10 yrs from now there won't be a follow up record to CD. This band is basically over, outside of performing old tired material.

It getting to the point where it’s bigger than a new album - it’s everything else.....not wanting to do new stuff (if that’s what they want) doesn’t correlate with the shabby handling of its existing portfolio.

I wish I didn’t give as much of a damn - but there you go. 😂

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

Chinese democracy sold over 600k physical copies in the world in it's first week. That's Axl and 7 guys no one had ever heard of, with zero promotion. Uk no2 to a killers new release and USA no3 to Taylor swift I think it was? ACDC just recorded the highest first week sales of any album in the UK in 2020. Just the hardcores buying a new GnR album would probably get it to number 1 in the UK/USA in the modern world. The whole of south america are pretty hardcore too.

Then you throw in the casuals who would download it and listen to it a few times, maybe save 1/2 of the best songs in a playlist? A band with the 3rd highest grossing tour ever only just completed and with promotion and with Slash and duff involved? This would be the biggest release of 2021 by a mile. One look at the social media discontent at a lack of new album is another indicator. The world wants new GnR music, it's at the teetering point, Announce soon and be met with mass fan fare. Delay and tour for another year or 2 and watch interest disintegrate and any album in 2022 and 2023 will be met with 'Meh, too late' So considering the management of GnR expect a new album in 2024. 

All good points, yeah.

and yeah ChiDem debuted at #3 in the US behind new releases at the time from Taylor Swift and Kanye West.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, soon said:

Guns is as American as apple pie. And America could use a reminder of who it is. Guns brings people from across the political spectrum together. And America needs unity.

I think that the US would flock to, and cling to, a new album. Like a life raft.

I really wanted to give you props  - a rose, a like, a dolphin, tenfold. but unfortunately I've run out so I'll be quoting you instead. Best post. Thanks. England needs it too. 

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

According to the article, the forthcoming interview with Slash is "about the new Guns N' Roses pinball machines and his new collection of custom Gibson guitars."

At least they let us know ahead of time he won't talk about new GNR music. Maybe some new info on SMKC since (1) he is allowed to talk about it and (2) there is actually new music coming from that band. 

Was listening to some bits N' pieces from ACDC discussing their new album.

Angus was saying that covid had led to them releasing the album later than they wanted. 

Would make sense that IF guns intended to release an album they would be impacted too, and also their label would probably try to avoid ACDC as chart competition. 

9 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I've sadly come to the same conclusion now, as it seems the only rational one at present. 

Maybe and hopefully I'll be proved wrong. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Was listening to some bits N' pieces from ACDC discussing their new album.

Angus was saying that covid had led to them releasing the album later than they wanted. 

Would make sense that IF guns intended to release an album they would be impacted too, and also their label would probably try to avoid ACDC as chart competition. 

Is the days of streaming and subscriptions, is avoiding other releases even a problem any more? Lots of albums have been delayed, many until next year, but it isn't like Guns needs an album to promote the tour. Fans will go anyway for nostalgia - which ironically, may be while we're not likely to see a new album. Would the average GNR gig goer want to see GNR if they ditched a bunch of classics for new stuff? I'm not sure they would.

14 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

Is the days of streaming and subscriptions, is avoiding other releases even a problem any more? Lots of albums have been delayed, many until next year, but it isn't like Guns needs an album to promote the tour. Fans will go anyway for nostalgia - which ironically, may be while we're not likely to see a new album. Would the average GNR gig goer want to see GNR if they ditched a bunch of classics for new stuff? I'm not sure they would.

There is no excuse for not releasing new  music if they have it ready to go.

• Like 1