The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

6 minutes ago, Nesret said:

This incredibly annoying and artificial "edgelord-mysticism" around this fucking band keeps on baffling me. Even for a 90s Norwegian Black Metal band this would have been way over the top. 

"edgelord-mysticism' is probably the greatest description yet!

Fantastic! 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Slash is so busy but not with GNR...I think we all know why, we hope for new music but KNOW in our hearts there is none.  Sad.

None of us really know one way or the other really. We can all speculate but none of us know. Based on Susan’s interview there is supposed to be new material (she said it was killer or something)....its probably more a case of IF it will see the light of day.

• Thanks 1

Slash is always busy, regardless if they're working on a new GNR album or not. If there is one in the making, Slash's already finished work. He isn't the one tinkering months with his parts. As long as it's in Axl's hands, Slash will stay busy in the meantime.

I'm not saying they'll release anything soon, but Slash's side projects aren't an indicator by any means.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Axl is the king of excuses. It’s been 12 years :shrugs:

Absolutely! I actually don't buy in to Axl being a perfectionist. I believe he's insecure and is terrified of releasing music only for it to flop. 1 album in over 25 years tell us everything we need to know.

Edited by invisible_rose
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

Absolutely! I actually don't buy in to Axl being a perfectionist. I believe he's insecure and is terrified of releasing music only for it to flop. 1 album in over 25 years tell us everything we need to know.

insecurity could be the reason for perfectionism. I think while Axl probably wants it to do well, it's possible he's just interested in releasing an album that won't fuck up the catalog and won't be dated or just a new version of something that they already explored musically.

1 album in almost 30 years tells me Axl probably overthought it and waited for perfect conditions and it got too easy for him to delay and then the reunion happened and that was the priority.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

Don't worry everyone, the secret release on the 25th is just 3 days away!! Not. 

I love the idea that people think they're not releasing anything because they can't have a major worldwide tour to promote it .....but that they might 'surprise release' it without so much as an advertising poster to herald it! 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I love the idea that people think they're not releasing anything because they can't have a major worldwide tour to promote it .....but that they might 'surprise release' it without so much as an advertising poster to herald it! 

Yep, a band that can't even release a YouTube video that sounds good on time from a 4 year tour, can somehow secret release the most anticipated rock album of the year :lol: Not a peep from anyone that this is happening either! A band that 11 of the Chinese democracy final track list leaked in full before release. A band that just had 100 instrumentals and 9/10 fully vocaled songs leak last year. Yet for this, no leaks at all! Oh silly me, of course the mysterious track list A4 that gave us this bogus date. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

yes but he came eventualy share that with Slash and Duff. It's not his own album like CD was

14 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Yep, a band that can't even release a YouTube video that sounds good on time from a 4 year tour, can somehow secret release the most anticipated rock album of the year :lol: Not a peep from anyone that this is happening either! A band that 11 of the Chinese democracy final track list leaked in full before release. A band that just had 100 instrumentals and 9/10 fully vocaled songs leak last year. Yet for this, no leaks at all! Oh silly me, of course the mysterious track list A4 that gave us this bogus date. 

I think at this stage we're almost into conspiracy theory territory in terms of the new album existing. 

The same nutcases who decide against all evidence that the earth is flat, that Trump won the election, that the Holocaust was made up, that aliens made the pyramids, whatever other latest QANON rubbish they go in for, probably believe a new album is imminent, against all reasonable evidence! 

Disclaimer: This is exaggeration to make a joke, before anyone that does believe a new album suggests I'm saying they all believe in conspiracy theories! 

• Haha 1

You guys still refuse to see the bigger picture. What we see here is incredibly long years without new music, crappy videos, and lame, incompetent management; plus us nutcases, discussing this shit daily on forums. But what the “what’s SCOM” casuals (and after all probably the band members themselves) see is a mega successful comeback tour that’s recently ended, deep cuts to please the hardcores, a new CD box set, some YT videos, always available merchandise, and subsequently a global interruption which is still going on, with people having other problems to think about than a band’s new album. Nobody gives a damn about our comparisons as to “other bands have released music this year, so why can't you”. 
Those guys have all the time in the world and no reason to rush anything, especially if they can’t tour it. You know how they love touring, right? 
It fucking sucks, but see the overall perspective. What we think has been an eternity is just a few months of understandable inactivity for others...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rovim said:

insecurity could be the reason for perfectionism. I think while Axl probably wants it to do well, it's possible he's just interested in releasing an album that won't fuck up the catalog and won't be dated or just a new version of something that they already explored musically.

1 album in almost 30 years tells me Axl probably overthought it and waited for perfect conditions and it got too easy for him to delay and then the reunion happened and that was the priority.

Totally valid view IMO.