The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

13 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I am definitely not saying that I think the document is legit, because it probably isn't... But I looked through Fernandos Reddit and couldn't find any debunking of this document and when I reverse Google searched the document I only found results from earlier this year? Can someone show me when and where he debunked it, out of curiosity? :)

Fernando commented "fake" in one of those posts that showed this document.

16 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Hhmmmmm, no 12 year celebration post on FB, Instagram or Twitter for Chinese. This to me says a lot about how the band feels about new music 😏

I think it’s probably more embarrassing for them to point out that it’s been 12 years since they released music, than about celebrating the anniversary of CD’s release.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

Tomorrow, new album, exclusively @ Conoco gas stations, bring your Covid-free certificates; the album shall be distributed on usb sticks packed in plastic bags; booklets including personal signature of F'nando the Manager will be available for download later, for Nightrain members only; a new video clip to be aired in November 2021. Stay tuned. 

What about the free can of Dr Pepper?  Mountain Dew perhaps?  Those cheap bastards!

It really is  sort of impressive when you think that for the entirety of 2020, nearly total inactivity, they haven't managed to shove out a live album.....which would require such little work and effort that you could probably get the whole project sorted within a week if you set to it. 

I almost admire the willfulness and obstinance at this stage. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It really is  sort of impressive when you think that for the entirety of 2020, nearly total inactivity, they haven't managed to shove out a live album.....which would require such little work and effort that you could probably get the whole project sorted within a week if you set to it. 

I almost admire the willfulness and obstinance at this stage. 

Axl is a perfectionist though :lol:

It would need to be the greatest live release since the mighty Appetite For Democracy.

• Like 1

I still can’t get rid of the suspicion that the reason for not having released a proper DVD yet might be in that someone may think giving people a professional recording of the shows would render them too lazy to go see it live any more, thus not buying tickets. 
That is, of course, under the condition that the shows to come will be essentially same as those we’ve already seen. New lights, two new covers, same set. 
Is that even thinkable…? 

6 minutes ago, Nesret said:

It sounds plausible, but if they really think this far, I can't understand the release of these fucking selects - because after seeing that, the last thing you want to do is to attend a live show of this band.

True. It's confusing. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I still can’t get rid of the suspicion that the reason for not having released a proper DVD yet might be in that someone may think giving people a professional recording of the shows would render them too lazy to go see it live any more, thus not buying tickets. 
That is, of course, under the condition that the shows to come will be essentially same as those we’ve already seen. New lights, two new covers, same set. 
Is that even thinkable…? 

More likely Axl doesn't want it released as it will showcase his steady vocal decline.

That in turn may cause the release to get bashed by fans and critics which could damage future ticket sales.

Keep Axl happy, keep the tour money rolling in.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

More likely Axl doesn't want it released as it will showcase his steady vocal decline.

That in turn may cause the release to get bashed by fans and critics which could damage future ticket sales.

Keep Axl happy, keep the tour money rolling in.

Also possible.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Is that even thinkable…? 

There are only two reasons there has not been a live album that I can think of; 

1) Your scenario, whereby for some reason (based on what evidence, I have no idea)  someone believes that if you give people a live album they won't buy a concert ticket

2) They don't want audio/visual documentation of the tour out there as they are embarrassed by it or aren't happy with people seeing it. 

I'd lean towards the first one, as there are ways round the second. 

Either one leads back to a fear that it will impact ticket sales though in my view- whether by that believe that people would just buy a live album instead of an expensive ticket, or that people might not buy a ticket based on a performance they thought wasn't good enough. The former isn't accurate I don't think, and if they believe the latter to be the case, then that is simply awful. 

13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There are only two reasons there has not been a live album that I can think of; 

1) Your scenario, whereby for some reason (based on what evidence, I have no idea)  someone believes that if you give people a live album they won't buy a concert ticket

2) They don't want audio/visual documentation of the tour out there as they are embarrassed by it or aren't happy with people seeing it. 

I'd lean towards the first one, as there are ways round the second. 

Either one leads back to a fear that it will impact ticket sales though in my view- whether by that believe that people would just buy a live album instead of an expensive ticket, or that people might not buy a ticket based on a performance they thought wasn't good enough. The former isn't accurate I don't think, and if they believe the latter to be the case, then that is simply awful. 

Right, and now let’s fuse it: folks watching it at home from a couch (holding a beer) instead of going: think of 40+ year old fathers of families, with backache, weak bladder and/or not much money to spend (especially these days), who’ve been given the dvd as an X-mas gift for example. Totally conceivable, isn’t it? 
The latter version would be worse, yet there’s one hitch – the 2016 leg. I mean, they were great – and that includes Axl – so why would they be so afraid of it, right? 
I don’t know. It could be that Axl’s worsening form as a comparison, that’s definitely plausible, as it’s been said before. 
And there’s still also that point of view I’ve mentioned in some other post, i.e. that we sweat this kind of crap every day, whereas for them it’s just a couple of months off in an uncertain period where such idle time is globally understandable. Drinking margaritas poolside, being assured by the management that some sort of merchandize is always rollin’… what’s the problem, man…

Edited by jamillos

16 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Right, and now let’s fuse it: folks watching it at home from a couch (holding a beer) instead of going: think of 40+ year old fathers of families, with backache, weak bladder and/or not much money to spend (especially these days), who’ve been given the dvd as an X-mas gift for example. Totally conceivable, isn’t it? 
The latter version would be worse, yet there’s one hitch – the 2016 leg. I mean, they were great – and that includes Axl – so why would they be so afraid of it, right? 
I don’t know. It could be that Axl’s worsening form as a comparison, that’s definitely plausible, as it’s been said before. 
And there’s still also that point of view I’ve mentioned in some other post, i.e. that we sweat this kind of crap every day, whereas for them it’s just a couple of months off in an uncertain period where such idle time is globally understandable. Drinking margaritas poolside, being assured by the management that some sort of merchandize is always rollin’… what’s the problem, man…

All very true. 

Sure, we care way more than 99 per cent of people a out what they do, and do dwell on it a lot.....but they can't look at their attitude to releases and think it's normal. They must see and look at what other bands do. They can't be blind to it. 

Taking a potential release from the 2016 dates into account then, there's a third theory: and that has got to be fear and/or lack of confidence on Axl's part. It would require very little effort.....so him saying a simple 'no' based on something we can't discern must be a factor. 

• Like 1

I still maintain that the Mexico/Houston Selects were very good and any show from that 2016 run would be received very well - Axl was pretty strong vocally and there was that ‘freshness/fire’ to the band which wasn’t there in the 2018 onwards shows.

We know footage exists (as per Selects) and Dodger was professionally shot too - there is NO downside here as any gig from this run would - and should - be well received.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I still maintain that the Mexico/Houston Selects were very good and any show from that 2016 run would be received very well - Axl was pretty strong vocally and there was that ‘freshness/fire’ to the band which wasn’t there in the 2018 onwards shows.

We know footage exists (as per Selects) and Dodger was professionally shot too - there is NO downside here as any gig from this run would - and should - be well received.

I thought they were very good too. Certainly good enough for a professional release. There's no downside to releasing them as far as I see.....but obviously whoever is calling the shots thinks there is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You know how in pop culture many will have some frame of reference to things like Pavlov's Dogs, Stanford Prison Experiment, Stockholm Syndrome, MK Ultra, etc?

We should get a team of psychologists to study us Guns fans!

We too could live on as a reference for a certain type of neurosis or mania :headbang:

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I don't really care for a NITL live album, new stuff or bust. God, I'd so like to know what Slash is really thinking about it all these days.

Something along the lines of ‘man this is taking longer than id hoped.....’. He is then told anther NITL cheque for $20m has cleared in his bank account and then he thinks....’yeah man, l agree, let’s take our time and make sure it’s right’.

🤣

Edited by DTJ80

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I thought they were very good too. Certainly good enough for a professional release. There's no downside to releasing them as far as I see.....but obviously whoever is calling the shots thinks there is. 

Exactly mate - another unexplainable situation. It’s as good as it’s going to get (Summer 2016) and they have the footage - put it this way, if it was released no-one should have any complaints really....anyone hoping for early 90s style performances are just being unrealistic. I genuinely think most of the fan base would love a live record/Dvd of that Summer.....unlike Appetite For Democracy for example!

• Like 1