The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?

I still maintain that the Mexico/Houston Selects were very good and any show from that 2016 run would be received very well - Axl was pretty strong vocally and there was that ‘freshness/fire’ to the band which wasn’t there in the 2018 onwards shows.

We know footage exists (as per Selects) and Dodger was professionally shot too - there is NO downside here as any gig from this run would - and should - be well received.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I still maintain that the Mexico/Houston Selects were very good and any show from that 2016 run would be received very well - Axl was pretty strong vocally and there was that ‘freshness/fire’ to the band which wasn’t there in the 2018 onwards shows.

We know footage exists (as per Selects) and Dodger was professionally shot too - there is NO downside here as any gig from this run would - and should - be well received.

I thought they were very good too. Certainly good enough for a professional release. There's no downside to releasing them as far as I see.....but obviously whoever is calling the shots thinks there is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You know how in pop culture many will have some frame of reference to things like Pavlov's Dogs, Stanford Prison Experiment, Stockholm Syndrome, MK Ultra, etc?

We should get a team of psychologists to study us Guns fans!

We too could live on as a reference for a certain type of neurosis or mania :headbang:

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I don't really care for a NITL live album, new stuff or bust. God, I'd so like to know what Slash is really thinking about it all these days.

Something along the lines of ‘man this is taking longer than id hoped.....’. He is then told anther NITL cheque for $20m has cleared in his bank account and then he thinks....’yeah man, l agree, let’s take our time and make sure it’s right’.

🤣

Edited by DTJ80

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I thought they were very good too. Certainly good enough for a professional release. There's no downside to releasing them as far as I see.....but obviously whoever is calling the shots thinks there is. 

Exactly mate - another unexplainable situation. It’s as good as it’s going to get (Summer 2016) and they have the footage - put it this way, if it was released no-one should have any complaints really....anyone hoping for early 90s style performances are just being unrealistic. I genuinely think most of the fan base would love a live record/Dvd of that Summer.....unlike Appetite For Democracy for example!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Exactly mate - another unexplainable situation. It’s as good as it’s going to get (Summer 2016) and they have the footage - put it this way, if it was released no-one should have any complaints really....anyone hoping for early 90s style performances are just being unrealistic. I genuinely think most of the fan base would love a live record/Dvd of that Summer.....unlike Appetite For Democracy for example!

Yeah. I know I certainly would! 

I actually watched Appetite For Democracy after a few drinks last weekend. Got it out and dusted it off! I still don't dislike it....but it seems even weirder now than it did at the time! 

Also.....my enjoyment of it increased with every drink. Which probably says a lot! 

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I don't really care for a NITL live album, new stuff or bust. God, I'd so like to know what Slash is really thinking about it all these days.

Same.

And with all the SiriusXM and IEM recordings we've got all the material we would need for a live album, except for locomotive, dead horse, soyl, etc.

2 hours ago, soon said:

You know how in pop culture many will have some frame of reference to things like Pavlov's Dogs, Stanford Prison Experiment, Stockholm Syndrome, MK Ultra, etc?

We should get a team of psychologists to study us Guns fans!

We too could live on as a reference for a certain type of neurosis or mania :headbang:

:lol:

I live for your posts- brilliant! :lol:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Atlas19 said:

Mine is you're crazy piano version!!!

Oh, I have seven bootlegs of that, listened to it to death. Hoping for something we haven't heard before.  Supposedly Axl's accordion era is his White Album. Rumor is there are six albums worth of songs. But the thought of an artist having that much unheard music is absurd.

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah. I know I certainly would! 

I actually watched Appetite For Democracy after a few drinks last weekend. Got it out and dusted it off! I still don't dislike it....but it seems even weirder now than it did at the time! 

Also.....my enjoyment of it increased with every drink. Which probably says a lot! 

Ha ha - I’ve not watched it for a while TBF. It’s probably not that bad when you compare it to some 2018/19 shows actually! 😂

Ill need to give it a spin myself.

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Same.

And with all the SiriusXM and IEM recordings we've got all the material we would need for a live album, except for locomotive, dead horse, soyl, etc.

Add in the Selects (specifically Mexico/Houston) and the Coachella stuff and you CAN create a pretty sweet ‘best of NITL tour’ live album.

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Hit it after two or three bottles of beer is my tip! 

😂 👍

• janrichmond changed the title to The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?
  • alfierose pinned this topic