The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Listening to that version of Crash Diet highlights to me that the song really isn't that good. I'm glad it wasn't officially used. 

I agree.  I think fans only clambered for it simply because it was one of the few non-albums tracks out there in the Illusions era. Look at all the songs on the Unwanted Illusions album, Bring It Back Home, Sentimental Movie, Just Another Sunday. They are all total crap and had they actually been on the albums, the band would have been mocked for them. The only b-side they released was Shadow of your Love on the Live and Let Die single. Other than that, it was all album tracks, so sure, Crash Diet seems cool because it was "new" Guns N' Roses,, but it really is shit.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Smashing Pumpkins recently released a double album.

Yet another band that somehow has figured out how to release a record in today's environment.

Pumpkins now have two releases since their reunion.

Aren't they releasing a third early in the new year? A sequel of sorts to MatIS? 

36 minutes ago, bucketmaster101 said:

Aren't they releasing a third early in the new year? A sequel of sorts to MatIS? 

Yes, whilst this new SP album for the most part is dreadful, at least with the pumpkins we know that it won't be long until the next. Another great thing the pumpkins did is for their two massive and elite classic albums (siamese dream and mellon collie) they released the b sides and tracks that didn't make those albums the year after. picses iscariot and the aeroplane flies high. there are 6/7 songs on each of those albums that are easily as good as anything they did on their best works. Nirvana did something similar with incesticde. 

I think this is a great way for bands who never intend these songs to be official full release albums to get to fans, there must be 50 completed songs from 97-2007 that didnt make chinese. Plus all the songs allegedly written since, and all the songs written by the illusion era between 93-96. I know some ended up on slash's snakepit, but just release them. As proven, these albums do not tarnish the bands legacy in any way, and in fact enhance it with the true fans.

5 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Not sure if you're joking, but just in case,  i'm pretty sure it was an Arkeen song lent to others like Wildside.

Shame !!! I didn't know. thx for that. It's a good song but Axl's version is much much better !!! So we can ask wikipedia to change what they said !!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

Yes, whilst this new SP album for the most part is dreadful, at least with the pumpkins we know that it won't be long until the next. Another great thing the pumpkins did is for their two massive and elite classic albums (siamese dream and mellon collie) they released the b sides and tracks that didn't make those albums the year after. picses iscariot and the aeroplane flies high. there are 6/7 songs on each of those albums that are easily as good as anything they did on their best works. Nirvana did something similar with incesticde. 

I think this is a great way for bands who never intend these songs to be official full release albums to get to fans, there must be 50 completed songs from 97-2007 that didnt make chinese. Plus all the songs allegedly written since, and all the songs written by the illusion era between 93-96. I know some ended up on slash's snakepit, but just release them. As proven, these albums do not tarnish the bands legacy in any way, and in fact enhance it with the true fans.

SP do have a bit of a habit of promising things that never actually happen though......but that doesn't matter as they always do SOMETHING. Whether the fans like it or not is up to personal taste and preference, and all part and parcel of most bands really. Some will like stuff, others won't, but there's always something to pay attention to. 

I'm one of those sorts that tries to buy everything released by bands I like. I can't say I've ever thought a bands weaker material has taken anything away from their better stuff. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

I think Radiohead did something similar with In Rainbows Disc 2 etc. It's definitely a good way to keep up engagement etc. As well as to let fans in on some element of the creative process; to try and see why some songs maybe didn't work in the context of that particular album. 

I've always thought it was madness that Staircase was never included on the King of Limbs but I guess it's slightly too smooth perhaps compared to the glitchy atmospheric IDM on the main album. 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

SP do have a bit of a habit of promising things that never actually happen though......but that doesn't matter as they always do SOMETHING. Whether the fans like it or not is up to personal taste and preference, and all part and parcel of most bands really. Some will like stuff, others won't, but there's always something to pay attention to. 

I'm one of those sorts that tries to buy everything released by bands I like. I can't say I've ever thought a bands weaker material has taken anything away from their better stuff. 

Agreed on SP. I actually enjoyed their previous album, haven't got round to listening to their new one yet although the reviews and comments like the above don't give me much confidence but I'm sure I'll find something to like. 

1 hour ago, bucketmaster101 said:

I think Radiohead did something similar with In Rainbows Disc 2 etc. It's definitely a good way to keep up engagement etc. As well as to let fans in on some element of the creative process; to try and see why some songs maybe didn't work in the context of that particular album. 

I've always thought it was madness that Staircase was never included on the King of Limbs but I guess it's slightly too smooth perhaps compared to the glitchy atmospheric IDM on the main album. 

Agreed on SP. I actually enjoyed their previous album, haven't got round to listening to their new one yet although the reviews and comments like the above don't give me much confidence but I'm sure I'll find something to like. 

I guess I'm part of the minority who love it :D the synth pop/rock sound can be weird at first, but it really grows on you after a few listens. It's modern but it's not '' pushed'' modernity like in CD' s case. 

And Billy's melodies are top notch anyways. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I'm thinking 2021 will be the year.

Rule number one of Guns: If Axl can find an excuse not to release music, nothing will be released. The shakiness of the Covid shit next year is his pre-made excuse. Slash knows this, which is why he's already full speed ahead with the Conspirators.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

Why not Crash Diet in the new album ? Axl already song and we just need Slash work on it !!

I really hear you 

Id like to post  Axl's version so it shows up -but dont know how to do that here ,  but I hear ya !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhaJrzkL2HQ

Edited by WendiRosei
  • GNFNR 1

Well - looks like the vaccine roll-out is starting imminently in UK so the gigs in mid-2021 could/should go ahead! :headbang:

Does that mean the new album will now be out 6 months earlier as opposed to November.......😂. I’m kidding......kind of. 😂

6 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Well - looks like the vaccine roll-out is starting imminently in UK so the gigs in mid-2021 could/should go ahead! :headbang:

Does that mean the new album will now be out 6 months earlier as opposed to November.......😂. I’m kidding......kind of. 😂

Mind you, the vaccine will be firstly predominantly for the elderly, kids, and folks with health problems - not your typical GNR audience. And I've heard you need two doses or something. Well, we'll see. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Mind you, the vaccine will be firstly predominantly for the elderly, kids, and folks with health problems - not your typical GNR audience. And I've heard you need two doses or something. Well, we'll see. 

People with health problems are GnRs audience. Why else would we accept being treated this badly for so long?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I’d argue there is a high level of elderly folk now at GNR gigs 😂.

But yeah - totally agree it will be based on the phased approach.....it’s more possible I suppose is what I should have said. And of course with that comes the new music.......🤪

1 minute ago, JimiRose said:

People with health problems are GnRs audience. Why else would we accept being treated this badly for so long?

😂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WendiRosei said:

I really hear you 

Id like to post  Axl's version so it shows up -but dont know how to do that here ,  but I hear ya !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhaJrzkL2HQ

I'm sure that I've heard a version with Axl singing with a more hi-def recording (a clean acoustic guitar in the intro if I remember correctly). Does anyone else recall that there's two versions of this song with Axls vox or is my memory distorted?

• Like 1