The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

13 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I get the impression they're banking on the summer Europe/US tours being cancelled, hence the 'stadium rock is back' branding of the AUS/NZ shows. Bit redundant if it's been 'back' since June! 

‘Plans changed’......

STADIUM ROCK IS BACK......IN AUS/NZ!!!!

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I do hope there hasn't been a change in plan to the release of the album that needs a tour to be released! 

Ha ha - I was joking earlier that they will need to pull the release forward by about 6 months now if the UK gigs go ahead....😂.

Technically it would be a UK tour.....so....😂

7 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Ha ha - I was joking earlier that they will need to pull the release forward by about 6 months now if the UK gigs go ahead....😂.

Technically it would be a UK tour.....so....😂

Joking aside, they've absolutely made a rod for their own backs there! 

They've got people thinking a new album will come with the tour, and I think even the most good-willed are going to lose patience if/when that doesn't happen. 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Joking aside, they've absolutely made a rod for their own backs there! 

They've got people thinking a new album will come with the tour, and I think even the most good-willed are going to lose patience if/when that doesn't happen. 

Yup. Of course a sampler/EP for the hopefully happening UK gigs would tide folk over until November if the album really is due for release then....

2 hours ago, Homefuck said:

I'm sure that I've heard a version with Axl singing with a more hi-def recording (a clean acoustic guitar in the intro if I remember correctly). Does anyone else recall that there's two versions of this song with Axls vox or is my memory distorted?

Hi . Yes ,Yes I know what you mean . Itwas going through my mind when i posted this . Unfortunately cant find it though. 

• GNFNR 1

39 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Yup. Of course a sampler/EP for the hopefully happening UK gigs would tide folk over until November if the album really is due for release then....

Definitely. I think there will be a major backlash if they start touring again and there is no release at all. 

They have themselves to blame for that though, if they haven't been honest. 

Definitely. I think there will be a major backlash if they start touring again and there is no release at all. 

100% agreed. This vaccine announcement has really thrown a curveball in regards to whether we hear new stuff in 2021...potentially no need to wait until November for that answer.

Please TB/Fernando/GNR......prove to everyone you are not a legacy act. Get some new material out there and show why you are not a ‘run of the mill’ rock band and deserve to be mentioned alongside the absolute elite of musical greats.

Clearly the vaccine announcement has had a positive effect on me. 🤣

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

they haven't promised anything though. No release date. Of course it is long overdue, but if you're a fan of this band in 2020 it's kinda up to you to kinda not expect anything which is sad but logical knowing how Axl rolls. I totally expect Gn'R to tour as soon as it's possible with no new music released. Maybe they'll play Hard School or some shit.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

100% agreed. This vaccine announcement has really thrown a curveball in regards to whether we hear new stuff in 2021...potentially no need to wait until November for that answer.

Please TB/Fernando/GNR......prove to everyone you are not a legacy act. Get some new material out there and show why you are not a ‘run of the mill’ rock band and deserve to be mentioned alongside the absolute elite of musical greats.

Clearly the vaccine announcement has had a positive effect on me. 🤣

....or come clean I'd say. Tell people that the album isn't done, isn't waiting for a tour as previously said- just be honest if it isn't happening. 

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

....or come clean I'd say. Tell people that the album isn't done, isn't waiting for a tour as previously said- just be honest if it isn't happening. 

Yup - just tell the truth so we all know what the script is either way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

they haven't promised anything though. No release date. Of course it is long overdue, but if you're a fan of this band in 2020 it's kinda up to you to kinda not expect anything which is sad but logical knowing how Axl rolls. I totally expect Gn'R to tour as soon as it's possible with no new music released. Maybe they'll play Hard School or some shit.

Well I expect that too......but loads of people on here and elsewhere duly believe that when the tour starts, new music can come. It's mentioned regularly here. 

And who can blame those people? It's what they've been led to believe by comments such as 'within 6 months' 'now isn't the time for new music' and comments made about needing to tour (apologies I don't have the exact quotes to hand, but I'm sure someone does). Those people, the optimists out there, are going to be very pissed off. Far more than the likes of you and I who fully expect no new music. 

That's my point really- boy are they going to get it in the neck if they don't deliver now! 

9 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I'd be fully satisfied (probably more so than an official album release with the current lineup) if a 2006-2014 "CD2" leaked.

Ill take any material TBH. I also want CD2 as it is but do think the big guns will be mined and used in whatever we eventually get. I have no doubt in time the original stuff as intended will surface.....and the battles over which version is better will rage on!

I do think that having Fortus (as a highly regarded session player) and Melissa (as someone who is clearly talented in music and can sing very well) in the mix could open up some possibilities for ‘the big 3’ in terms of executing their ideas. Maybe they will throw in a few bits here and there too - who knows.

I know some folk just can’t take to them and that’s cool. Until we hear music it’s difficult to say one way or the other!

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 2

Well I expect that too......but loads of people on here and elsewhere duly believe that when the tour starts, new music can come. It's mentioned regularly here. 

And who can blame those people? It's what they've been led to believe by comments such as 'within 6 months' 'now isn't the time for new music' and comments made about needing to tour (apologies I don't have the exact quotes to hand, but I'm sure someone does). Those people, the optimists out there, are going to be very pissed off. Far more than the likes of you and I who fully expect no new music. 

That's my point really- boy are they going to get it in the neck if they don't deliver now! 

actually I'm very optimistic when it comes to new Guns music, but it's not like Axl said anything remotely close to 'within 6 months' so I think we'll hear a new official release in the future, but I believe it's going to be a long process to complete it so I don't think it's realistic to expect a new album in 2021.

Gn'R fans have every right to look at Axl's Gn'R and expect it to turn into a super prolific band based on shit Fernando says or anyone in the band that is not Axl, but the truth is I don't think anyone has any real knowledge except Axl when it comes to 'when'.

And just as an example: they can complete 90% of the new album and it still could take years from that point in time so until Axl at least starts talking about studio progress, I really don't think there's anything to get excited about other than old unreleased tunes played live by the current line up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Yup - just tell the truth so we all know what the script is either way.

that's what normal bands do. Axl seems to take a more corporate approach of saying nothing. That way, there is less risk and what if Axl wants to release another Guns album but he doesn't want to promise anything cause last time he did that it wasn't pretty and didn't really work for him.

Personally, I’m basing my theory that the record could be released prior to the fall dates (I’m not very convinced the summer ones will happen) on anything but what Merchnando said. It’s more about rumours, tidbits, and conjunctions – like when someone here said they’ve been “waiting for Axl” (could mean nothing, of course), but mainly the fact Slash is doing SMKC again – which would suggest his work for the album is done; also the “all new show” ads (could be just a schtick), and the fact they now have loads of time without being able to make time-based excuses (“they’ve been touring all the time”). 
However, I’m not betting anything on it and definitely won’t be angry if it doesn’t happen. I could hardly be surprised. It’s just that within the upcoming year’s time, it would look more logical and promising than ever. We’ve been through this, yes. But this time, the stars could be aligned a bit more favourably. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rovim said:

that's what normal bands do. Axl seems to take a more corporate approach of saying nothing. That way, there is less risk and what if Axl wants to release another Guns album but he doesn't want to promise anything cause last time he did that it wasn't pretty and didn't really work for him.

True - but getting comments from Fernando about ‘new music in 6 months’ and ‘live NITL release’ due by year end and then nothing appearing to happen.....THAT’S the frustration. I’d almost appreciate complete radio silence until something absolute was ready to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

actually I'm very optimistic when it comes to new Guns music, but it's not like Axl said anything remotely close to 'within 6 months' so I think we'll hear a new official release in the future, but I believe it's going to be a long process to complete it so I don't think it's realistic to expect a new album in 2021.

Gn'R fans have every right to look at Axl's Gn'R and expect it to turn into a super prolific band based on shit Fernando says or anyone in the band that is not Axl, but the truth is I don't think anyone has any real knowledge except Axl when it comes to 'when'.

And just as an example: they can complete 90% of the new album and it still could take years from that point in time so until Axl at least starts talking about studio progress, I really don't think there's anything to get excited about other than old unreleased tunes played live by the current line up.

I feel the same about all of that......but my optimism for new music has been totally eroded now sadly. 

I don't think we're remotely close to it, but that we could see a 'vault' release in 10-20 years time. 

26 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

I honestly believed we would hear one new GNR song before vaccines rolls out, and i'm not even sarcastic this time around.

Russia also starts vaccination next week. Will USA announce something perhaps tomorrow? =)

Trump filing a new lawsuit maybe? 

In the months leading to the 2008 album, there were several people who were loosely tied with the industry saying they were hearing about some movement with the new album coming out. Back then there seemed to be more interest in GN'R and that album than the current upcoming one, so perhaps even if there was a release on the horizon, they have kept it from being known.

7 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

I honestly believed we would hear one new GNR song before vaccines rolls out, and i'm not even sarcastic this time around.

Russia also starts vaccination next week. Will USA announce something perhaps tomorrow? =)

Here in NJ, USA, the vaccine is supposed to start rolling out by Christmas. They are starting with healthcare workers and the elderly who  are in nursing homes.