The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I just wanna hear "Machine Gun". All we got of "possible 94-96 GNR sound" info is the Jam in Matt's drum video. Curious what they had considered ready enough to record alternate takes of while Duff and Matt were still band members, and possibly have contributions from the tophatted guy too.

But most of all, I just wanna hear anything :(

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bassplayer1993 said:

I just wanna hear "Machine Gun". All we got of "possible 94-96 GNR sound" info is the Jam in Matt's drum video. Curious what they had considered ready enough to record alternate takes of while Duff and Matt were still band members, and possibly have contributions from the tophatted guy too.

But most of all, I just wanna hear anything :(

Anything but:

All things considered 

Working very hard

At some point 

Everybody wants to do it 

Looking very seriously at what we're doing in that regard 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Anything but:

All things considered 

Working very hard

At some point 

Everybody wants to do it 

And.....

1) It's So Easy 

2) Mr Brownstone 

3) Chinese Democracy 

4) Welcome To the Jungle 

.......etc etc. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

There was a bunch of talk about a hard drive too full of stuff, who knows. I wonder what other material existed back then with vocals. I'm sure most of it is BS, but hard to say. 

As much as I love Hardschool/Perhaps/SOG I honestly wish later songs like Soul Monster/The General leaked instead. We already got a lot of 1999-2000 material on CD, but only a handful of 2002-2007 tracks, which seemed to be heavier and more Bucket oriented.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bassplayer1993 said:

All we got of "possible 94-96 GNR sound" info is the Jam in Matt's drum video.

Please, more info about this? First time I see it mentioned. I assume Matt Sorum released a drum video in the mid 90's and includes bits of GNR instrumental jam? Or what?

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Anything but:

All things considered 

Working very hard

At some point 

Everybody wants to do it 

You forgot "we had a four hour meeting". Can't forget that one.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Please, more info about this? First time I see it mentioned. I assume Matt Sorum released a drum video in the mid 90's and includes bits of GNR instrumental jam? Or what?

It's an instructional DVD and there's a clip of him jamming with Slash and Duff.

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

As much as I love Hardschool/Perhaps/SOG I honestly wish later songs like Soul Monster/The General leaked instead. We already got a lot of 1999-2000 material on CD, but only a handful of 2002-2007 tracks, which seemed to be heavier and more Bucket oriented.

If given the choice, I'd definitely prefer the heavy Bucket era stuff too. At this point, as it has been since 2007 (or so) more leaks are pretty much a matter of when, and not if. 

I hope they finished Zodiac and Quick Song. I assume they did.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

Anything but:

All things considered 

Working very hard

At some point 

Everybody wants to do it 

That’s a good tracklist there:lol:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's an instructional DVD and there's a clip of him jamming with Slash and Duff.

Recorded while Duff was still in the band and possibly Matt, though the very last days of his time in the band. Sounds like a very, very early "Set me free" a bit.

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

Anything but:

All things considered 

Working very hard

At some point 

Everybody wants to do it 

I'll take that, I'll take anything

9 hours ago, Sweersa said:

There was a bunch of talk about a hard drive too full of stuff, who knows. I wonder what other material existed back then with vocals. I'm sure most of it is BS, but hard to say. 

This Bird chap said on his podcast about the whole ordeal was that Rick had shortchanged him and on good faith, allowed him to pay the rest at a later date. When he realized this wasn’t going to happen, he said he offered the hard drive, which according to his words never existed, as bait in the hope to get the full amount which was agreed, but never happened...that we know 🧐🤭

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

There was an interview that Matt had done during the 94-96 time period. I didn't watch the video, but read an article at the time. He said that there were 7 songs completed and 7 songs that they were still working on. 

For me, I still think that Hard School came about during  this time period. The sound is just classic GNR. Additionally, Duff did mention of a song called Jackie Chan in 97. We now know that Jackie Chan is Hard School. 

Edited by Draguns
added more text

9 hours ago, jamillos said:

Anything but:

All things considered 

Working very hard

At some point 

Everybody wants to do it 

My favorite is "we don't know how to release the music"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Master Of Reality said:

Has anyone seen the new vma rehearsal clip of Paradise City? It has been posted 4 days ago. Haven't seen it before. Could that be what Rick is talking about? The possible leak of the whole tape? ;)

Where you seen this bud?

• Like 1

Look for it on YT, search the obvious terms and set the search settings to look for the last week only.

That clip was shared with me (and others) privately several months or longer ago. I'm certain it originates from someone who has the entire thing, and used that clip as proof of possession in an attempt to facilitate a trade or sale.

Fortus looks so young there. Axl doesn't sound great. Haha

Would be interesting to watch the full rehearsals, but I wouldn't trade or spend much for it.

Edited by Sweersa

26 minutes ago, Master Of Reality said:

Nothing special. The band rehearsing the medley i guess. But for some reason it's very wanted among some fans.

11 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It's the only available rehearsal with Axl. 

Cheers folks. I know it’s a much coveted thing but it’s bewildering as to why! If it had an unreleased song or something then cool but a rehearsal of a much maligned show??

Weird!!!

When Jimmy Fallon introduces them he says that Guns was backstage "taking requests."

Yet theres evidently a rehearsal vid from the day prior where they practice the medley. :lol:

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

Cheers folks. I know it’s a much coveted thing but it’s bewildering as to why! If it had an unreleased song or something then cool but a rehearsal of a much maligned show??

Weird!!!

We all want to believe that they sounded better in rehearsal!

• Like 1