The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, ronartest2004 said:

After more artists released new music this week the pandemic obviously hasn’t stopped them. I think our best hope is to wait for another round of leaks in a few years to here some *new to us* music from gnr.

That's the view I hold now I think. That or, very sadly, the death of Axl, which may see things released. 

6 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

So thats Hardschool, wow I now know why everybody keeps talking about it. it makes you wonder what other great stuff they have hidden away :mellow:

The rehearsal recording is crap, give a listen to the Village leak, that's the cool stuff... 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

So thats Hardschool, wow I now know why everybody keeps talking about it. it makes you wonder what other great stuff they have hidden away :mellow:

YouTube Guns N’ Roses Hardschool and it’s up there - you are now on borrowed time now that I’ve mentioned it so be sure to do it ASAP before it disappears!

47 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Just Hardschool

Keeping in mind they're just demos, you might like Perhaps and Atlas. Perhaps is repetitive but has a very "UYI 3" kind of vibe for lack of a better description, wouldn't surprise me if it originated in the mid 90s sessions. It's like Hardschool in that it's clean vocals in the verses (kind of reminds me of Bad Obsession) and screaming in the chorus with a bunch of layers. Atlas is fine, fits in with Prostitute, Catcher and TWAT but more radio-friendly... the Brian May solo is the highlight.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 6:31 AM, allwaystired said:

That's the view I hold now I think. That or, very sadly, the death of Axl, which may see things released. 

At this point I don’t even think Axls death would see any music released, assuming that all of Axls rights to the brand go to TB in the event of him passing. The brand alone would generate plenty of money to keep the maid and her kids rolling in the dough for many years to come without any actual music

1 hour ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Thank you I do remember hearing that now .... I still like the old leak intro better .... And man Axl just sounds awful ... I can't imagine what the band thinks every time they hear him

I just took it that they were guide vocals for the soundcheck TBH. I think Think About You was soundchecked also and sounded really good.

On 12/17/2020 at 6:35 AM, SilverMachine said:

I entirely disagree with this. Listened to it for the first time in a while the other day and it genuinely got me excited again.

I think it would make a great calling card for the band's return. Has balls and energy and actually feels like it has a bit of Guns 'n' Roses lineage, unlike a lot of the Chinese era.

It also offers a bit of a breath of fresh air compared to everything thats about right now.

I think it could make a cool opener for them. Just launch right in. Of course this will literally never happen.

4 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

At this point I don’t even think Axls death would see any music released, assuming that all of Axls rights to the brand go to TB in the event of him passing. The brand alone would generate plenty of money to keep the maid and her kids rolling in the dough for many years to come without any actual music

I feel awful posting this but I personally think TB would release anything and everything they had access to (post axl).

The reason for no new music being released is purely Axl. Every other member (past and present) of gnr have shown they can release a ton of material on their own or with other bands.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

You’re making an album with Myles (Kennedy) and the Conspirators, right?

Slash: We did a week of initial pre-production and there’s 20 songs and we’re gonna start back up next year. I spent a lot of time writing and demoing that stuff. And prior to that Duff (McKagan) and I did some jamming and we also worked on the leftovers from Axl’s two decades old recordings, and I’ve had a couple of ancillary recordings and jams on top of that, so there’s been a lot of stuff going on. I’m really not good at slowing down and just sitting around.

When do you think we’ll hear some of this music?

Slash: I would like to make myself and others believe that we’d have some new stuff out next year -- from both camps, I guess not. It’s very difficult to say because Axl has no interest or motivation in releasing new music, but I would like to hope to think we’ll have stuff out next year, however it likely will not come in the form you are hoping for, and from the band you are hoping for, yeah.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2020/12/slashs-new-pinball-game-brings-concert-experience-to-guns-n-roses-fans-in-a-new-format.html

Edited by smokingarthur
  • Haha 1