The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

This... Those have always been exactly my thoughts.. And if it can't be re-produced live, don't record it..

I still want to hear the rest of the stuff he recorded between 1999-2010, even though he wouldn't be able to reproduce those vocals live. The songs on Angel Down and the remix of This I Love are some of the best vocals he's ever recorded IMO, I'd love to hear more stuff like that.

But as far as new stuff, I hope he stays away from the layered Rock The Rock approach. He still sounds like himself on The Seeker, Wichita Lineman, the verses on Slither, etc so hopefully any new stuff would utilize those more natural vocals.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

when we are taking about rock the rock in this treat....make me s sad !!!!

It’s even more sad, that RTR was one of the most exciting things to happen on this forum (and with this band) in the last 3 years

The only more exciting thing I can think about are the leaks 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

I still think a double album is the way to go, even if all or most of it is just updated Chinese era material.

Both Slash and Duff said Axl got a lot of unreleased tunes and for a hard rock band like Gn'R with demanding vocals, time is running out faster compared to bands like The Stones for example and it could be the last chance they have to release an album with the ability to properly support it live.

I think they've already proven that they can make a double record, now I think it's the time for them to put out a single record that says "It's not AFD, but god damn that was great from top to bottom" Quality not quantity. This is not the time for grand ideas, especially on a "comeback" album, they have everything to prove on this album, and everything to lose! 

Obviously it would be Birthday and Christmas together if Axl decided to release a triple album with all his best CD material but I can't see it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I think they've already proven that they can make a double record, now I think it's the time for them to put out a single record that says "It's not AFD, but god damn that was great from top to bottom" Quality not quantity. This is not the time for grand ideas, especially on a "comeback" album, they have everything to prove on this album, and everything to lose! 

Obviously it would be Birthday and Christmas together if Axl decided to release a triple album with all his best CD material but I can't see it.

I just assume that because Axl has only released 15 songs in 30 years and multiple sources in the band have said that there is a lot of unreleased material, that it should be relatively easy for Gn'R to release more than just 14 great tunes. (give or take)

a lot of fans around here seem to think Axl got something like 2.5 albums. They can't release a double album with 30 tracks after all these years? even if some tunes are great and some are just very good, I'd rather hear all the worthy shit as soon as possible cause my guess is there is enough material that I'd like for a double release.

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

I just assume that because Axl has only released 15 songs in 30 years and multiple sources in the band have said that there is a lot of unreleased material, that it should be relatively easy for Gn'R to release more than just 14 great tunes. (give or take)

a lot of fans around here seem to think Axl got something like 2.5 albums. They can't release a double album with 30 tracks after all these years? even if some tunes are great and some are just very good, I'd rather hear all the worthy shit as soon as possible cause my guess is there is enough material that I'd like for a double release.

He had material for 2.5 albums in 2008 and he wasn't able to release 14 great tunes.

Honestly, GNR struggle to release one god damn song these days and people are dreaming about a double album. :lol:

12 hours ago, Free Bird said:

He had material for 2.5 albums in 2008 and he wasn't able to release 14 great tunes.

Honestly, GNR struggle to release one god damn song these days and people are dreaming about a double album. :lol:

"great" is subjective. I like Chinese so I'd be content with another album from Gn'R on that caliber.

my guess is Axl is not interested in just releasing a single tune or an ep. I think he wants to release at least a full album.

The intention to release new music is supported by what Slash has said recently as well and I don't think Axl, Slash, and Duff are lying about having a lot of unreleased material so a double album is not that far fetched imo. (according to Tommy Axl wanted Chinese to be more than 1 cd)

I understand your skepticism though. I just don't think Axl would let Gn'R end without at least attempting to expand the catalog.

Edited by Rovim

What I strongly dislike is this "strictly keep it secret" bullshit. Before Illusions, the guys were talking about the songs. They played them in advance as well. You can actually do an interview without giving too much away, as well as without giving any specific release dates. You determine how far the questions can go. But not saying a single word about anything is just lame, especially in a situation where you don't release anything on any other front (dvds etc.). And I'm convinced Slash has already finished his work on the record. 

• Like 3

Maybe they are silent because there is not anything too talk about?  I wonder why Duff's wife said she was listening to new music when it was apparently not the case?  All very confusing but Slash never sounds very confiident when asked about new music, I will be very surprised if there is any, maybe all this 'hinting' is just a ploy to keep folk on board.  Who knows.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

great is subjective. I like Chinese so I'd be content with another album from Gn'R on that caliber.

my guess is Axl is not interested in just releasing a single tune or an ep. I think he wants to release at least a full album.

The intention to release new music is supported by what Slash has said recently as well and I don't think Axl, Slash, and Duff are lying about having a lot of unreleased material so a double album is not that far fetched imo. (according to Tommy Axl wanted Chinese to be more than 1 cd)

I understand your skepticism though. I just don't think Axl would let Gn'R end without at least attempting to expand the catalog.

I want new music more than anybody else and I'm not saying it won't be released at some point, but I think you have to be very optimistic to expect a record anytime soon, let alone a double record.

14 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

Maybe they are silent because there is not anything too talk about?  I wonder why Duff's wife said she was listening to new music when it was apparently not the case?  All very confusing but Slash never sounds very confiident when asked about new music, I will be very surprised if there is any, maybe all this 'hinting' is just a ploy to keep folk on board.  Who knows.

The big money is in touring anyway , especially for legacy acts.   Any new release from them will only be to keep the die hards happy which we know they don’t care about anyway, so yeah, there’s nothing to talk about because there isn’t gonna be a mew album

40 minutes ago, megaguns1982 said:

The big money is in touring anyway , especially for legacy acts.   Any new release from them will only be to keep the die hards happy which we know they don’t care about anyway, so yeah, there’s nothing to talk about because there isn’t gonna be a mew album

Everybody else from their era is doing that (regularly, more or less), so why shouldn't they. Even Tool released an album after 13 years. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Wow 1

9 hours ago, Rovim said:

"Some fans think". Let's go with what we know, the village leaks were a mixed bag, I have no doubt that there's great stuff in the vault but I'm positive there's more god awful macdaddys and Silkworms. I don't see them releasing a double album even if Axl does have material for 2 records! Seems like an unnecessary risk. 

If one side is good and the other is a bit meh, the consensus won't be "yeah but we got 12 great songs" it'll be "half the album is shit, shouldn't have bothered". These are the discussions on UYI 30yrs later afterall, not saying I don't love UYI!

2 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Duff's wife said they were working 'fastidiously' on new music - 'fastidiously' meaning 'Showing or acting with careful attention to detail'

It appears to me that the band is taking it slow and steady, with natural and physical interactions (Slash has previously said they record when they are in the same city, and we know he has visited Axl's house at least once to record material).

This sounds like a more hands on team approach than the stitched together Chinese Democracy days. It just sucks they don't communicate with fans too well.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Duff's wife said they were working 'fastidiously' on new music - 'fastidiously' meaning 'Showing or acting with careful attention to detail'

It appears to me that the band is taking it slow and steady, with natural and physical interactions (Slash has previously said they record when they are in the same city, and we know he has visited Axl's house at least once to record material).

This sounds like a more hands on team approach than the stitched together Chinese Democracy days. It just sucks they don't communicate with fans too well.

"The band is taking it slow and steady" must by the GNR understatement of the year! 

• Haha 1

Look, three years passed between Lies and UYI. This time, the period when they started to actually have some time for composing/recording has been running since the beginning of 2018, altogether let's say some 2.5 years so far (they continued touring since summer 18). Therefore, we still have some half a year! :D

Edited by jamillos

4 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

How do we know this wasn’t the case? Just because WE haven’t heard anything yet doesn’t mean she hasn’t. I can’t see much reason for her to say that knowing full well it opened her up to becoming a target.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

You can guarantee the label really want a strong comeback album, it could be as simple as that they don’t think the material is strong enough and told them to go write some more..

I’d hope they told the label to ‘get lost’ in such a scenario.....although I’d wager the label wouldn’t have many objections to what may be submitted for release.

Best example of the label ‘not helping’ is bringing in Ezrin to review what had been done and believing his pish that ‘the material wasn’t there’....which was debunked by the Village leaks.

Edited by DTJ80

You can already cross January off 2021 just like that. 11 more months to go and we will be discussing the same nothingness slated for 2022. Personally I do think they will have to mention something about an forthcoming album or else they come off as a bunch of lazy wankers. However 2021 won’t be the year for any new released music from this band. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nesret said:

Exactly! Still wonder to this day who the fuck this guy thinks he is :-D 

I mean - Ezrin has a great CV but mainly in straight forward rock (Alice Cooper, Deep Purple) and then Pink Floyd was obviously more progressive.

I just don’t get why they would get someone like that to oversee what CD was at that time....which was sonically and stylistically very different to what people were expecting. Neither wonder ‘he didn’t get it’.

Edited by DTJ80

9 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I want new music more than anybody else and I'm not saying it won't be released at some point, but I think you have to be very optimistic to expect a record anytime soon, let alone a double record.

I don't think it's going to be soon at all. I just believe there's a good chance it will be released eventually. When it's completed, and Axl is satisfied with promotion budget and the band can support the new release with a tour.