The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

If they'd put out a new record on a regular basis, like every 3-5 years, then I wouldn't mind covers on their records but after 30 years they should be able to fill an album with 14 own songs.

1. ChiDem2

2. Better2

3. TIL2

4. Light My Fire

5. Knocking On Heaven's Door 2

6. The Seeker

7. Wichita Lineman

8. Sailing

13. OMG2

14. Silkworms

Bonus tracks:

15. Nothing (Guest vocalist: Sebastian Bach)

16. Eye On You (Japanese release only)

22 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

I really don't get that logic.

I'm making a couple assumptions here obviously, but if we assume that some (or most) of the vocals on 'new songs' are from the CD sessions, then Axl likely wouldn't be able to sing them live. I also don't think they'll tour new stuff in the same way they did UYI and CD, where they play 10+ new songs each night. I could be wrong of course, but I don't see it happening.

If they want to justify keeping songs like The Seeker and Wichita Lineman in the set (and I think those songs should stay in the set) it would make sense to release studio versions (either as album tracks or b-sides). So if they play those songs and a couple Duff songs, that's already '3-4 songs from a new album' they'll be able to say they're playing live, plus Hardschool and whatever else. It would give a better illusion of an 'all new show' to casual fans, basically.

• Like 1

Double album starts now!

2021: Guns N' Roses (CD2 lol)

2021: Guns N' Roses II (Half CD3 and Gun N' Roses lol)

2036: Guns N' Fuckin' Roses (CD 4 after NITL band breaks up)

2042: Guns N' Roses 5 (5 discs of previously unreleased material after most band members have departed)

28 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm making a couple assumptions here obviously, but if we assume that some (or most) of the vocals on 'new songs' are from the CD sessions, then Axl likely wouldn't be able to sing them live. I also don't think they'll tour new stuff in the same way they did UYI and CD, where they play 10+ new songs each night. I could be wrong of course, but I don't see it happening.

If they want to justify keeping songs like The Seeker and Wichita Lineman in the set (and I think those songs should stay in the set) it would make sense to release studio versions (either as album tracks or b-sides). So if they play those songs and a couple Duff songs, that's already '3-4 songs from a new album' they'll be able to say they're playing live, plus Hardschool and whatever else. It would give a better illusion of an 'all new show' to casual fans, basically.

I understand the logic but what if Axl decides he can still sing those "new songs" live, just in a way that is less demanding vocally like singing it totally clean with less power or whatever?

also he said his favorite songs to sing live are from Chinese so maybe he'll want to perform as many tunes as possible from a potential new release live as well.

in the China exchange interview he seemed kinda bummed about the mostly negative reception of his clean vocals on Chinese so that makes me believe there's a chance he'll want to record some new vocals with more of that classic Gn'R rasp.

Edited by Rovim

20 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I understand the logic but what if Axl decides he can still sing those "new songs" live, just in a way that is less demanding vocally like singing it totally clean with less power or whatever?

also he said his favorite songs to sing live are from Chinese so maybe he'll want to perform as many tunes as possible from a potential new release live as well.

in the China exchange interview he seemed kinda bummed about the mostly negative reception of his clean vocals on Chinese so that makes me believe there's a chance he'll want to record some new vocals with more of that classic Gn'R rasp.

There's a very good chance that any new stuff will have classic, powerful, raspy vocals on a studio recording, and then he'll mickey the shit out of those songs live. It would be disappointing, but not really surprising.

And yea he said he liked playing the CD tunes, but then over the next 3 years they dropped almost all of them from the set... :shrugs:

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

1. ChiDem2

2. Better2

3. TIL2

4. Light My Fire

5. Knocking On Heaven's Door 2

6. The Seeker

7. Wichita Lineman

8. Sailing

13. OMG2

14. Silkworms

Bonus tracks:

15. Nothing (Guest vocalist: Sebastian Bach)

16. Eye On You (Japanese release only)

Eh... no

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Double album starts now!

2021: Guns N' Roses (CD2 lol)

2021: Guns N' Roses II (Half CD3 and Gun N' Roses lol)

2036: Guns N' Fuckin' Roses (CD 4 after NITL band breaks up)

2042: Guns N' Roses 5 (5 discs of previously unreleased material after most band members have departed)

2042: Guns N' Roses 5 (5 discs of previously unreleased material after most band members have moved into a nursing home)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

will said that for Shadow of you love and he did it very well

• Like 1

C'mon boys and girls, forget all this nonsense about a new GNR album... there's more chance of a Led Zeppelin reunion at this stage! Besides, it's much much much more rewarding, fun, and interesting to talk about the different EQ and level mixes from the leaked CD sessions and speculate about how successful these tracks would've been had they been released in 2001! And let's not forget about the legendary 2002 VMA rehearsal tape either! I for one am salivating at the prospect of one day seeing that! That's literally all there is. Sad times! Most dangerous band in the world? Possibly more the most disappointing band in the world.

• Like 3

Evidence from over the YEARS suggests there is not going to be any new music, something would have happened by now.  Maybe Slash would like it to happen hence his ambiguous replies when asked about it but I dont think the other main players are fussed.  Such a shame.

14 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I know this has been talked about before (what hasn't in this thread), but I'd much, much rather have another massive leak happen like with the village sessions except it contain all or most of the CD-era from 2010 and before. :)

Why? I appreciate it is subjective, but the few tracks I heard from the last leaks (Perhaps, State of Grace, Atlas Shrugged, and Hard School, I think) were all bland as hell. Did not remotely interest me. Prior to that I always hoped some of the material would see the light of day and that it would be decent. I remember hearing the 2006 leaks and being very excited. Only to hear the final album, be presented with Scraped and This I Love... and feel pretty deflated! I still maintain Better is a belter though! 

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

Evidence from over the YEARS suggests there is not going to be any new music, something would have happened by now.  Maybe Slash would like it to happen hence his ambiguous replies when asked about it but I dont think the other main players are fussed.  Such a shame.

Oh dear. What evidence? If evidence tells us anything, then that it will take a lot of time, but it might eventually come out. Even Axl said he didnt record all this shit just to keep it buried. So maybe think harder next time before posting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

Why? I appreciate it is subjective, but the few tracks I heard from the last leaks (Perhaps, State of Grace, Atlas Shrugged, and Hard School, I think) were all bland as hell. Did not remotely interest me. Prior to that I always hoped some of the material would see the light of day and that it would be decent. I remember hearing the 2006 leaks and being very excited. Only to hear the final album, be presented with Scraped and This I Love... and feel pretty deflated! I still maintain Better is a belter though! 

At the very least, such an additional massive leak would satisfy our curiosity of songs like Soul Monster, Cuban Skies, The General, etc.

I found Hard School and Perhaps to be great. Atlas underwhelming, some of the instrumentals were fun. State Of Grace needs to be finished, I regard it as a work-in-progress with an unfinished vocal and guitar track. (No solo, but maybe they never planned one) I liked Eye On You, but can see why others don't, even with the consideration it is unfinished. 

Better in my opinion is the best song we have heard to have come out from the CD era. The leak actually got me into GN'R. 

6 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

And that’s what makes his place fun to debate this stuff - I thought Perhaps, Atlas and Hardschool were awesome 😂. Zodiac 13 with vocals.....THATS the holy grail for me.

And agreed - Better really should have been a monster hit. Such a good song and one that would easily take its place in a career spanning ‘Best Of’.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Oh dear. What evidence? If evidence tells us anything, then that it will take a lot of time, but it might eventually come out. Even Axl said he didnt record all this shit just to keep it buried. So maybe think harder next time before posting.

Why....by 'evidence' I mean posts going back years asking for new music.  Thats all.  Sorry if it offended you.

9 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

1 album since 1994! 1 whole album of original material in nearly 30 years. There is your evidence. To put that into context, Deep Purple have released 7 studios albums in that time, AC/DC 5, The Stones 4, Metallica 6... and Slash himself has released 8. So the evidence is pretty conclusive really. 

• Like 3