The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

That would be much better than a double. 

34 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Right? Something like CD/CD 2 "was supposed" to be. 

everytime Axl releases an album it's a miracle. The idea is very cool, but it's too risky imo. What if Axl releases 1 of the 2 potential albums and then decides he's not in the mood to release the other one cause not everything went perfectly with the first release and how it was received?

I'd rather he gives me both simultaneously just so there is no time for him to change his mind.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rovim said:

everytime Axl releases an album it's a miracle. The idea is very cool, but it's too risky imo. What if Axl releases 1 of the 2 potential albums and then decides he's not in the mood to release the other one cause not everything went perfectly with the first release and how it was received?

I'd rather he gives me both simultaneously just so there is no room for error.

I know he's pretty much the boss, but then again I don't believe Slash and Duff would just succumb to his whims just like that. Especially in these times where you can't expect the same sales of physical records like maybe 20+ years ago. 

And if it was the case, at least he'd have one more reason to release something that is really good. 

Edited by jamillos

13 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I know he's pretty much the boss, but then again I don't believe Slash and Duff would just succumb to his whims just like that. Especially in these times where you can't expect the same sales of physical records like maybe 20+ years ago. 

And if it was the case, at least he'd have one more reason to release something that is really good. 

I wonder if Slash and Duff even care enough anymore beyond doing the work and if Axl wants to use it, cool if not, whatever. For Slash it's more important to play live anyway and also maybe they don't want to jeopardize their professional relationship with Axl.

but we know next to nothing so maybe Axl shared with them how he wants to approach a release, who knows. Slash said "maybe next year". Not sure if it means he is genuinely optimistic or just pulling a Fortus.

Listening to Duff's "Three cords and the Truth" the other day he was speaking about having nothing to do during covid.  He mentioned that he can't tour and perform so instead he goes to the studio everyday.  I remember he then said "we" go to the studio 5 days a week which I thought was interesting.  Hope the we is GnR but it could be anyone and it could be a home studio... Still could be....

All pure conjecture but that is what most of this thread is so why now jump in and have some fun?

27 minutes ago, shepP said:

Listening to Duff's "Three cords and the Truth" the other day he was speaking about having nothing to do during covid.  He mentioned that he can't tour and perform so instead he goes to the studio everyday.  I remember he then said "we" go to the studio 5 days a week which I thought was interesting.  Hope the we is GnR but it could be anyone and it could be a home studio... Still could be....

All pure conjecture but that is what most of this thread is so why now jump in and have some fun?

I presume the 'we' is him and his wife.

They did a video from a home studio a while back and it was those two anyway. 

56 minutes ago, shepP said:

27 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I presume the 'we' is him and his wife.

They did a video from a home studio a while back and it was those two anyway. 

Yeah it's his own private studio in Seattle, so he's probably referring to his engineer and whoever else he's jamming with. He's not talking about GnR.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

yeah but they can't make the guy sing.  

53 minutes ago, cineater said:

What does that mean?   Is he worried I'm stressing out over the issue? :lol:  Or?  Yeah, a little more info please.

It means don’t be worried over nothing, because there will be no new music this year. So save your worry for things in life that actually matter, like you 👍

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DownUnderScott said:

It means don’t be worried over nothing, because there will be no new music this year. So save your worry for things in life that actually matter, like you 👍

You guys are mean.  I will always believe the band wants to put out music just shit happens, a lot. :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Fernando just said "don't be worried" about the prospect of new music this year.

I am not worried about new music this year the same way I am not worried about Ted Nugent making a political statement that isn't batshit crazy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Fernando just said "don't be worried" about the prospect of new music this year.

Fernando can sleep easy tonight knowing that I expect literally nothing from GN'R except a big shit sandwich :lol:

Just joking, would love to hear new music with Axl singing, but I have absolutely no expectations of ever seeing such an announcement. My guess is we won't see an official release of any kind until at least 2025, probably even later :shrugs: Wish that weren't the case, but it is

• Like 2

2 hours ago, downliner said:

Fernando can sleep easy tonight knowing that I expect literally nothing from GN'R except a big shit sandwich :lol:

Just joking, would love to hear new music with Axl singing, but I have absolutely no expectations of ever seeing such an announcement. My guess is we won't see an official release of any kind until at least 2025, probably even later :shrugs: Wish that weren't the case, but it is

Do you think this combo will stay together until 2025 without new music? :shrugs:

24 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Do you think this combo will stay together until 2025 without new music? :shrugs:

Easy! 1 album in 27 years suggests there ain't much hope. The reunion happened 5 years ago and there hasn't been so much as a single new recording released. This is purely a nostalgia act. And if the NITL videos are anything to judge by, not even a particularly good one. That said I had a great night watching them in MSG in 2017! But the lack or product is ridiculous. 

11 minutes ago, Dean said:

He was posting on Reddit.

Hopefully something happens this year, with or without touring. Get a new record out, gents.

Yeah I was joking. ie implying that it was a message to the band, not the fans, you know "Axl, Slash, Duff, don't worry about an album this year".....

Just now, Euchre said:

Yeah I was joking. ie implying that it was a message to the band, not the fans, you know "Axl, Slash, Duff, don't worry about an album this year".....

Ha, apologies - obviously went over my pointy head. I should have woken up by now :lol:

• Haha 1