The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I think there’s enough evidence out there they were writing and recording new music with the hopes of releasing a new album and touring behind it.

Then the pandemic hit and nobody is able to tour.

Plenty of bands since the pandemic hit have straight up said they do not want to release new material and not be able to go out on tour to support it.

Vaccines are finally being produced and distributed (my Dad, a senior, and my cousin, a first year resident, received theirs already.) It is not unreasonable to think bands will be able to start touring 4th quarter and release new music, including Guns.

Leave it at that.

Edited by ferma
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ferma said:

I think there’s enough evidence out there they were writing and recording new music with the hopes of releasing a new album and touring behind it.

Plenty of bands since the pandemic hit have straight up said they do not want to release new material and not be able to go out on tour to support it.

Vaccines are finally being produced and distributed (my Dad, a senior, and my cousin, a first year resident, received theirs already.) It is not unreasonable to think bands will be able to start touring 4th quarter and release new music, including Guns.

Leave it at that.

Which bands have said they don't want to release new material if they can't tour? Off the top of my head I can't think of one. All I can think of are bands that have.

So....when the tour picks up (probably on November) a new album will appear? Clocks ticking then. Because if it doesn't.....well, what will the excuse be then? 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

There will never be another Guns N' Roses record again. Just like there will never be another Aerosmith, KISS, Motley Crue, Queen, Fleetwood Mac,etc record again

Old, legacy bands who seek to just sell tickets until they retire or die

I could see Kiss and Motley Crue doing another album. I wouldn't rule out Aerosmith, or even Queen to be honest. 

I guess the big difference though is that none of these acts suggest they are doing one, and all have extensive back catalogues. Plus Aerosmith and Kiss are retiring! (Well, as far as 'retiring' goes with these sorts of bands!) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Which bands have said they don't want to release new material if they can't tour? Off the top of my head I can't think of one. All I can think of are bands that have.

So....when the tour picks up (probably on November) a new album will appear? Clocks ticking then. Because if it doesn't.....well, what will the excuse be then? 

Yeah but these days it's hard to work out how to release something... They all want it... But it's a case of sitting down and working out the best way of looking at what they have... 

32 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Yeah but these days it's hard to work out how to release something... They all want it... But it's a case of sitting down and working out the best way of looking at what they have... 

And we do know they've been conferring on this, throwing ideas around and looking very seriously at what can be done in this regard... :lol:

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, ferma said:

Leave it at that.

Ahh fernando, I wondered when you'd slither back in here to chat crap!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

GnAir remains the oddest and most ridiculous thing the band have ever done I think. I can't think of one rational explanation for it! 

Yeah, after all these years we still have no clue what the point was of all that. I wonder if we'll ever know. I still remember being scolded for calling that a disgrace on the Nightrain Forum, where it was called brilliant (or genius, can't remember) marketing by someone.

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yeah, after all these years we still have no clue what the point was of all that. I wonder if we'll ever know. I still remember being scolded for calling that a disgrace on the Nightrain Forum, where it was called brilliant (or genius, can't remember) marketing by someone.

It seems they wanted to do something with GN'R passports, where one could go to multiple concerts and get an attendance marked off. My guess is the two were probably intended to be connected, and i wouldn't be surprised if the goal was simply to siphon more money from fans who traveled to numerous concerts on a tour leg. Like everything else in GN'R though, they execute half-baked plans and GNAir was no exception.

1 hour ago, Lio said:

Haha! I'd love to have read that! 

I always used to like the idea of trying to explain to someone why you were wearing a flight badge for an airline that didn't exist, whose title was loosely based on a play on words around a rock band. 

Absolutely inexplicable! 

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It seems they wanted to do something with GN'R passports, where one could go to multiple concerts and get an attendance marked off. My guess is the two were probably intended to be connected, and i wouldn't be surprised if the goal was simply to siphon more money from fans who traveled to numerous concerts on a tour leg. Like everything else in GN'R though, they execute half-baked plans and GNAir was no exception.

They did do passports as part of the Nightrain membership! The idea was that you could get it 'stamped' during Paradise City I believe! 

So, not only would you stand no chance of getting it stamped unless you were on the front row, you'd also have to spend the whole song flapping it around trying to get the attention of someone to do it! 

That whole scenario is mad too. I wonder if anyone, anywhere ever got one stamped? 

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

They did do passports as part of the Nightrain membership! The idea was that you could get it 'stamped' during Paradise City I believe! 

So, not only would you stand no chance of getting it stamped unless you were on the front row, you'd also have to spend the whole song flapping it around trying to get the attention of someone to do it! 

That whole scenario is mad too. I wonder if anyone, anywhere ever got one stamped? 

Are you serious?! That's the worst idea I have ever heard!

Who is going to be flapping a stupid 'passport' around when they could be rocking to the climax of PC?

On 2/10/2021 at 8:43 AM, allwaystired said:

Megadeth and Mastodon, off the top of my head. 

On 2/10/2021 at 7:59 AM, ferma said:

All things considered though (cause I cannot resist pulling out a Slash-ism lol) there was plenty of evidence Axl was writing and recording new music with the hopes of releasing a new album and touring behind it as early as the late-90's and it took until 2008 for anything to actually come out :lol:

From my perspective all COVID did was give GNR an easier excuse than any they would've had to have thought of otherwise to explain why they aren't releasing anything

Edited by WhazUp

15 minutes ago, ferma said:

But every album on that list just got delayed a little bit- which was largely due to hold ups at the printing plants and distribution running slowly.  Some were delayed by just a couple of weeks. They're all out now.  

Both Megadeth and Mastodon spent 2020 recording their albums, so in no way have "not released a new album because they can't tour". 

So who are all these bands that aren't releasing stuff because they can't tour? 

But hey, by your reckoning we've only got a few months left before the GNR album arrives! Can't wait for November! New album time, when the tour starts! Awesome! 

Edited by allwaystired