The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

But every album on that list just got delayed a little bit- which was largely due to hold ups at the printing plants and distribution running slowly.  Some were delayed by just a couple of weeks. 

Both Megadeth and Mastodon spent 2020 recording their albums, so in no way have "not released a new album because they can't tour". 

So who are all these bands that aren't releasing stuff because they can't tour? 

The article specifically cites Covid as a reason. Don’t like that one?

Here’s one which lists 32 bands:https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/a-list-of-albums-delayed-due-to-coronavirus__29162/

The point is it is a reasonable assumption the pandemic threw a wrench in whatever they were trying to plan.

Edited by ferma

3 minutes ago, ferma said:

The article specifically cites Covid as a reason. Don’t like that one?

Here’s one which lists 32 bands:https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/a-list-of-albums-delayed-due-to-coronavirus__29162/

The point is it is a reasonable assumption the pandemic threw a wrench in whatever they were trying to plan.

Again, all these albums are now released! 

This is some pretty obvious stuff! 

Which bands are not releasing albums because they can't tour? 

Edited by allwaystired

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Again, all these albums are now released! 

This is some pretty obvious stuff! 

Which bands are not releasing albums because they can't tour? 

I posted two articles which stated Covid delayed releases. I named two bands off the top of my head who stated this year not being able to tour is causing them to hold off releasing new material.

I’m not sure why there is any dispute on the pandemic causing delays on albums, tours or even new movies. Some choose to move forward to release something new; others choose to delay.

9 minutes ago, ferma said:

I posted two articles which stated Covid delayed releases. I named two bands off the top of my head who stated this year not being able to tour is causing them to hold off releasing new material.

I’m not sure why there is any dispute on the pandemic causing delays on albums, tours or even new movies. Some choose to move forward to release something new; others choose to delay.

Because every single album in those lists has been released! Not being able to tour has nothing to do with an album release slipping back a month or two in 2020 and then coming out!  

You named two bands who are currently recording new albums. Bit difficult to hold back the release of am album until you can tour when you haven't even recorded the album! So....who are these 'many' bands that are sitting on finished albums and not releasing them because they can't tour that you mentioned? Ones that haven't actually got an album to release clearly don't fall into that category! 

Hey though, whatever gets you through the day. If you honestly think GNR are just sitting there waiting to tour to drop a new album, then good for you. You've drunk the Kool Aid. 

I feel you may be very very disappointed by this time next year though. 

Edited by allwaystired

On 1/29/2021 at 1:51 AM, 19AT5 said:

Fair play to ya. I went and listened back to those leaked tracks earlier and came to the same conclusion... not my bag, doesn't excited me, not that interesting musically, and certainly not worth waiting for.

As an aside, whilst on topic of Better, I remember hearing the 2006 version of IRS and absolutely fecking loving it! The final album version didn't hit me the same though. Actually disappointed me. I still have that demo somewhere though and it rocks! 

The demo and the released version are almost if not completely identical besides the mastering. At least the 2006 leak that I heard! 

And.... these are recordings from 1999-2000, basically high end demos. A lot of changes and rewrites happened to a lot of songs after this time, what makes you think you've heard the finished pieces to say anything so definite? I can almost guarantee that most if these have changed 20 + yrs later.

I didn't like Hardschool and a few other bits, but I might enjoy the rearranged versions of those songs, as I haven't heard them. Anyone saying otherwise is beyond reason. Let's hear the material in its intended finished state and THEN decide if it's good, bad or worth the wait. 

On a side, anyone who is talking about the quality of the music being related to the time involved in creating it us setting themselves up to hate whatever they hear. Listen to it as music you just heard and enjoy it. Sho cares if it was wrote today or 20yrs ago if it sounds good?

Edited by Tom2112

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Because every single album in those lists has been released! Not being able to tour has nothing to do with an album release slipping back a month or two in 2020 and then coming out!  

You named two bands who are currently recording new albums. Bit difficult to hold back the release of am album until you can tour when you haven't even recorded the album! So....who are these 'many' bands that are sitting on finished albums and not releasing them because they can't tour that you mentioned? Ones that haven't actually got an album to release clearly don't fall into that category! 

Hey though, whatever gets you through the day. If you honestly think GNR are just sitting there waiting to tour to drop a new album, then good for you. You've drunk the Kool Aid. 

I feel you may be very very disappointed by this time next year though. 

It is if you’re hoping to re-create a half-billion dollar tour.

And I’m just stating a viewpoint, not something to get me through the day. The bassist’s wife said new music is coming and then a major pandemic occurs.

if nothing happens, then sure I’ll be disappointed. But why would anyone who believes otherwise post in this specific thread other than to rain on someone else’s parade?

Lots of people believed Chinese would never get released or Slash and Axl would ever play again. They were wrong.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ferma said:

And I’m just stating a viewpoint, not something to get me through the day. The bassist’s wife said new music is coming and then a major pandemic occurs.

if nothing happens, then sure I’ll be disappointed. But why would anyone who believes otherwise post in this specific thread other than to rain on someone else’s parade?

Lots of people believed Chinese would never get released or Slash and Axl would ever play again. They were wrong.

Well, not long to wait then! Roll on November! 

Lots of people believed the album would be out 'within 6 months', that the two sequels to Chinese were on their way back in 2009, that the remix album was coming, that the live dvd was coming, that the NITL tour wouldn't keep going for so many years without new material. They were wrong too. 

Plus Ca Change! 

Edited by allwaystired

12 minutes ago, ferma said:

Like you said "raining on your parade". 

There's obviously work happening on a record any clown saying otherwise is just interested in being negative. 

I don't know if we'll get the record even remotely soon. But why shit on someone's optimism just for the sake of it?

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Like you said "raining on your parade". 

There's obviously work happening on a record any clown saying otherwise is just not interested in being negative. 

I don't know if we'll get the record even remotely soon. But why shit on someone's optimism just for the sake of it?

Is it being optimistic believing the 'party line' that the album couldn't possibly come out without a tour? 

It's the receipe for massive dissapointment when it inevitably doesn't happen believing these things at this stage. 

Something might happen, sometime, but as someone said previously- it's sort of on you at this stage if you set any stock by what we're told actually happening. 

I mean ultimately it doesn't matter- if people want to believe a new album is done and waiting, great. Roll on November.

The idea that there are loads of bands with albums ready to release holding back because they can't tour simply has no basis in evidence though. 

Edited by allwaystired

On 2/6/2021 at 4:17 AM, downliner said:

Fernando can sleep easy tonight knowing that I expect literally nothing from GN'R except a big shit sandwich :lol:

Just joking, would love to hear new music with Axl singing, but I have absolutely no expectations of ever seeing such an announcement. My guess is we won't see an official release of any kind until at least 2025, probably even later :shrugs: Wish that weren't the case, but it is

2025?...really? ..based on what logic?...or did you just pull that year out of your arse...nobody knows anything..

Edited by fowlerisgod

10 minutes ago, fowlerisgod said:

2025?...really? ..based on what logic?...or did you just pull that year out of your arse...nobody knows anything..

Just my opinion. They don't have a track record of releasing music lately. I wish they would.

6 hours ago, fowlerisgod said:

Id love to meet Axl...sit him down and ask him how he feels about completely pissing away his talent..the logic behind releasing one album in 30 years...why he is sitting on completed songs for 20 years and not releasing them..what he does on a day to day basis..is he not embarrassed when he sees his peers releasing album after album..building up a legacy...why the fuck can he not stay in shape...the dude is hitting 60...the end is approaching..what the fuck is he waiting for?

I don't think Axl's intention was to only release 1 album in 30 years. He talked about what he wanted to do and it was a lot more compared to what we got. In the end I believe the consequences of his hard headed approach and perfectionism to relaunching Gn'R, the popularity of the classic lineup, and the influence and agendas of some of the people he worked with have all contributed to the failure of new Guns.

and maybe at some point he just said "fuck it" after reconnecting with Duff cause he was smart enough to see he ran out of do-overs and the only way to move forward successfully was to reunite with Slash. Everytime someone quit the band, it had lost the momentum it had and some of it's identity.

I think Axl makes a distinction between touring and studio albums and the reason he hoards completed material is cause the quality of the records and the legacy of the band still means a lot to him (just a guess)

Edited by Rovim

9 hours ago, fowlerisgod said:

Id love to meet Axl...sit him down and ask him how he feels about completely pissing away his talent

I'm actually wondering about that. For a long time I thought GnR's story was one of wasted potential. Now I'm not so sure. Maybe the potential was exhausted with UYI. I remember reading that UYI was a double album because the band needed to get a lot of songs, including older ones, out of their collective system, and start afresh after that. But it seems the system ran on empty after that.

Edited by Chuzeville

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

I don't think Axl's intention was to only release 1 album in 30 years. He talked about what he wanted to do and it was a lot more compared to what we got. In the end I believe the consequences of his hard headed approach and perfectionism to relaunching Gn'R, the popularity of the classic lineup, and the influence and agendas of some of the people he worked with have all contributed to the failure of new Guns.

and maybe at some point he just said "fuck it" after reconnecting with Duff cause he was smart enough to see he ran out of do-overs and the only way to move forward successfully was to reunite with Slash. Everytime someone quit the band, it had lost the momentum it had and some of it's identity.

I think Axl makes a distinction between touring and studio albums and the reason he hoards completed material is cause the quality of the records and the legacy of the band still means a lot to him (just a guess)

It's always someone else's fault...how do other artists manage to release material?.

An awful lot of people make money put of Axl when he tours.

No-one makes money when he's sat at home writing/recording. 

A few people make money out of him if he releases music. 

When you think about this, the pressure to just tour endlessly must be pretty strong. The other side of that though is there are things (live albums etc) that could be done alongside that with very little effort and some financial return. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fowlerisgod said:

It's always someone else's fault...how do other artists manage to release material?.

I look at it more as a case by case basis. I have no reason to excuse Axl's actions. Tommy said that the main reason he joined new Gn'R was because he liked that Axl decided to continue to use the Gn'R name even though he was the only classic member left in the band and that no one else tried it quite like this before.

I think there are certain elements in the story of Gn'R that allowed it to happen the way it did including the kind of person Axl seems to be. To me it's more than just he's lazy, greedy, or he doesn't give a fuck. I don't buy it.

I also think no one tells Axl what to do. Especially not the people he employs.

Edited by Rovim

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I look at it more as a case by case basis. I have no reason to excuse Axl's actions. Tommy said that the main reason he joined new Gn'R was because he liked that Axl decided to continue to use the Gn'R name even though he was the only classic member left in the band and that no one else tried it quite like this before.

I think there are certain elements in the story of Gn'R that allowed it to happened the way it did including the kind of person Axl seems to be. To me it's more than just he's lazy, greedy, or he doesn't give a fuck. I don't buy it.

I also think no one tells Axl what to do. Especially not the people he employs.

In regards to that last part. Anyone that tried to get Axl to record and release stuff was fired. Same if they told him something that was totally true and he didnt like it.

His surrounded by Yes men now. 

8 minutes ago, vloors said:

In regards to that last part. Anyone that tried to get Axl to record and release stuff was fired. Same if they told him something that was totally true and he didnt like it.

His surrounded by Yes men now. 

maybe Axl chose to surround himself with people he trusts. He tried the other way of hiring pros and that didn't go very well and like you say, what good can come out of people that can potentially give him great advice if he prefers to decide what to do himself?

I think he likes to make the big decisions based on what he feels is right for Gn'R and also let people inside the Gn'R circle make the smaller decisions so he can be free from hearing about every single little detail.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1