The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

6 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

A viewer on my YouTube channel told me they heard on the radio today that Guns N' Roses is dropping a new album this month. That's all I know, and I hope it to be so.

Maybe they meant to say "GNR are dropping all plans to release a new album this month"? :P

I just can't see it, considering this month will be over in less than two dozen days and I would assume GNR would want to release singles ahead of time and do the promotional cycles to bring as much attention to the album release date as possible for maximum first week sales oppurtunities

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Maybe they meant to say "GNR are dropping all plans to release a new album this month"? :P

I just can't see it, considering this month will be over in less than two dozen days and I would assume GNR would want to release singles ahead of time and do the promotional cycles to bring as much attention to the album release date as possible for maximum first week sales oppurtunities

I agree. At best, and this is a big if, they would make an announcement this month and likely nothing else, if anything.

It's probably nothing, and I'm not taking about the song. LOL Imagine them dropping Nothing as the single. 

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

A viewer on my YouTube channel told me they heard on the radio today that Guns N' Roses is dropping a new album this month. That's all I know, and I hope it to be so.

I am doubtful.

But...

In late 2019, Fernando did say that people could expect new music in 'six months', which landed in March 2020. With COVID-19, Fernando later said it pushed their plans back a year. So it is possible that Guns N' Roses could drop an album this month, but we all know what the band is like...

8 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I would love this! I waited a long time for new Tool music and Fear Innoculum generally hit the mark. Would  be delighted if GNR did the same. Just to see SOME action would be grand.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I think it's more like to be gnr are 'dropping' a new photo on Instagram. Caption will be "f'n live", photo will be a silhouette of duff looking out to the crowd from a show in 2017.

We should be grateful they treat the fans like they do. 

Man, that would be so cool! ;)

6 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

I think it's more like to be gnr are 'dropping' a new photo on Instagram. Caption will be "f'n live", photo will be a silhouette of duff looking out to the crowd from a show in 2017.

We should be grateful they treat the fans like they do. 

"it's f'n duff time!!!"

• Haha 1

On 3/12/2021 at 10:31 PM, Live Like a Suicide said:

I am doubtful.

But...

In late 2019, Fernando did say that people could expect new music in 'six months', which landed in March 2020. With COVID-19, Fernando later said it pushed their plans back a year. So it is possible that Guns N' Roses could drop an album this month, but we all know what the band is like...

I like the way you think!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Fernando, I have an idea for you!

You probably got lots of material right now SO if you are afraid of releasing anything new without touring, release an double album!

Give us the first part ASAP and the second part when touring is possible again? =)

Good God, the double album chat returns yet again! 

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

Weak. I say let's break the circle and start supporting the idea of a triple album!

What a great idea! I really think GNR could buck the trend of people streaming and sell millions upon millions of physical copies. I'd also be keen for multiple different versions with different DB levels of each instrument. People would lap that shit up for sure. Also, can you imagine a Buckethead remix album too!!!!

Let’s clarify one thing: the idea that GNR would have released an album last year had it not been for Covid is laughable. There’s no indication any album was even completed. We have tidbits of suggestions from Duff and Slash that they worked on GNR material. 

I’m willing to bet that Oasis reform and record a new album and release new music before GNR do. 

Edited by smokingarthur

1 hour ago, timoteo said:

360+ pages and still nothing? 

Lol 

All part of the master plan. I just know in my heart of hearts that the guys will be having several Zoom meetings per week to discuss important stuff. Like whether or not Dizzy's tambourine track in State of Grace should be 1db higher or lower, or which of Richard's rhythm guitar tracks for Hard School should they use from his 18 years of recording, and should they splice together a mix featuring Paul's original demo work done in 1998. But of course, the burning question will be... do they need a separate specifically recorded sub bass track for each individual song, rather than just using the existing patch on the chosen audio software  to replicate the master track at the allocated dbs. Once all of this is sorted, Axl just needs to re-record all of his vocal tracks again,  and then the triple album bonanza will be unleased on the world. Promises of remixes and follow ups will be made too. But in the meantime, keep yourselves entertained with a GNR toy truck!!

• Haha 3

The only thing that matters to me at this point is:

Please, Slash, pay real attention to which songs are you gonna be using in your new SMKC record! Are you sure, really sure, super sure you didn't present any of the songs to Axl and he "didn't fucking like it at first"?

We cannot afford 1995's "It's Five O'Clock"-my-song-your-song bullshit all over again. I'm not 18 anymore, I have a weak heart and zero patient to wait for another 20 years! So please, pay attention! :bitchfight:

:slash2::nervous::axl:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Or read the posts of the last 12 years that belong on this thread and come to the realization that there is going to be no albumm, full stop.  Fernando, Slash and Duff know this.  I hope to be proved wrong.

Good thing we have you who knows what Slash and duff know and what not.

21 hours ago, jamillos said:

Weak. I say let's break the circle and start supporting the idea of a triple album!

But only until we reach page 500. Then we will start supporting Quadruple album!

Oh boy I really can't wait. 

• Like 2

From what I understand, Chinese Democracy took 13 years to be completed and it was released in 2008!

2008 + 13 = 2021 soooooooooooooooooooo we are waiting for a new record for the same amount of time that we've waited for Chinese Democracy, is that it?

This new record will take more time to be done than ChiDem? So it's right to say that maybe and if GNR release a new album this would be (by their ages) their last one?

My God! What a waste of talent, money and time, 

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Legendador said:

The only thing that matters to me at this point is:

Please, Slash, pay real attention to which songs are you gonna be using in your new SMKC record! Are you sure, really sure, super sure you didn't present any of the songs to Axl and he "didn't fucking like it at first"?

We cannot afford 1995's "It's Five O'Clock"-my-song-your-song bullshit all over again. I'm not 18 anymore, I have a weak heart and zero patient to wait for another 20 years! So please, pay attention! :bitchfight:

:slash2::nervous::axl:

If you can to bear Bolsonaro BS, you can to bear GNR bs too..:lol:

On 3/14/2021 at 5:07 PM, ThePreacher said:

Fernando, I have an idea for you!

You probably got lots of material right now SO if you are afraid of releasing anything new without touring, release an double album!

Give us the first part ASAP and the second part when touring is possible again? =)

Nope, that would make too much sense

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ratam said:

If you can to bear Bolsonaro BS, you can to bear GNR bs too..:lol:

Hahahahahahahaha Don't you dare to put Guns N' Roses and Bolsonaro (our little dick Brazilian wannabe dictator, guys!) in the same sentence.

Where are you from, @Ratam?

Edited by Legendador
  • Haha 1