The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

7 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, I think you'll find that I, Jarvis Theodore Sebastian de la Momente II, called the quintuple album first! Haha! It just makes sooooooo much sense in today's climate for GNR to release such a thing. I just hope hope hope they manage to splice together an appropriate solo for The General, incorporating the bulk from takes 4, 9, 335, and 1801 of Bucketheads 2003 recordings, utilising Robin's trill notes from takes 29, 9875, and 9984 in 2001, Bumblefoot's fretless wanky woodle malarkey from takes 7, 22, 34, 56, 72, 88, and 805 in 2007 and 2011 respectively, and then inserting ghost notes from Paul's original 1996 demo recording. All Slash then needs to do is add his own spin over the top and boom bang bosh, another masterpiece delivered. 

I wouldn't be surprised if that's how their process goes.

People the world over were amazed when UYI was released. If the next album is the last (which in my view is very likely) it would be cool if they smashed it with a triple album release. I wouldn’t even care if a good chunk of it were filler. What a way to go out! Tour until Axl loses his voice altogether and it’s goodnight Vienna! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

People the world over were amazed when UYI was released. If the next album is the last (which in my view is very likely) it would be cool if they smashed it with a triple album release. I wouldn’t even care if a good chunk of it were filler. What a way to go out! Tour until Axl loses his voice altogether and it’s goodnight Vienna! 

A double or triple album would increase the chances of us hearing CD era stuff too, but I assume we will get to hear it anyways. 

Delighted to see chat of a triple album now regularly appearing on the forum. There's been a load of really successful examples of such packages the past few years but I believe GNR could take it to new heights! Though personally I still favour the tried and tested quintuple album format. I'm just gutted my personal favourite GNR guitarist of all time, Gary Sunshine, won't be on the album. 

Insiders have confirmed that legendary GNR guitarist Carlos Booy has returned to the band and has ghostwritten at least 3 albums worth of material, including lyrics.

There is serious debate within the GNR camp about whether or not to include CD2 as the fourth disc in the upcoming quintuple album. Duff, Richard and Melissa are all in favor of including CD2, while Slash, Frank and Dizzy prefer the original plan of The Spaghetti Incident 2 being the fourth disc. Nobody has heard from Axl in the last 10 months and they are afraid to wake him from his hibernation, so the issue is expected to be resolved approximately 1.5 days before the tour re-starts.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Insiders have confirmed that legendary GNR guitarist Carlos Booy has returned to the band and has ghostwritten at least 3 albums worth of material, including lyrics.

There is serious debate within the GNR camp about whether or not to include CD2 as the fourth disc in the upcoming quintuple album. Duff, Richard and Melissa are all in favor of including CD2, while Slash, Frank and Dizzy prefer the original plan of The Spaghetti Incident 2 being the fourth disc. Nobody has heard from Axl in the last 10 months and they are afraid to wake him from his hibernation, so the issue is expected to be resolved approximately 1.5 days before the tour re-starts.

Gary Sunshine is obviously the best Guns banjo plincker plonker EVER, mate! His isolated rhythm tracks on Oh My God are just sublime. I sometimes listen to them backwards with additional chorus and added accompanying sub-bass, and think to myself... this would've destroyed the music industry in 2000. 

23 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Gary Sunshine is obviously the best Guns banjo plincker plonker EVER, mate! His isolated rhythm tracks on Oh My God are just sublime. I sometimes listen to them backwards with additional chorus and added accompanying sub-bass, and think to myself... this would've destroyed the music industry in 2000. 

Gary Sunshine is an impressive player but he just didn't fit with Guns N' Roses. His sound was just plinky plonky technical wankery. That's when the band really became an Axl solo project.

19 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Gary Sunshine is an impressive player but he just didn't fit with Guns N' Roses. His sound was just plinky plonky technical wankery. That's when the band really became an Axl solo project.

Mate, if you listen to his rhythm guitar tracks with a noise gate on at 5db, compressor at 20ms attack, whilst the orbital paths of Jupiter and Saturn are aligned, then you will realise your viewpoint here is completely and categorically, but yet more importantly factually, incorrect!!! :P

27 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Mate, if you listen to his rhythm guitar tracks with a noise gate on at 5db, compressor at 20ms attack, whilst the orbital paths of Jupiter and Saturn are aligned, then you will realise your viewpoint here is completely and categorically, but yet more importantly factually, incorrect!!! :P

This is only true if you're under the influence of psilocybin in a dimly lit room (<200 lumens) that has been blessed by shamanic ritual within the last 71 minutes. The orbital paths of Jupiter and Saturn are only relevant if you listen to the track outside the Chinese month of April. Otherwise, the noise gate could be at 4.87db and you'd never be able to tell!

My point was that Carlos had soul and feeling in his playing. Gary is a technical virtuoso but his playing is emotionless. And as everyone knows, feelings > facts. Fact.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

This is only true if you're under the influence of psilocybin in a dimly lit room (<200 lumens) that has been blessed by shamanic ritual within the last 71 minutes. The orbital paths of Jupiter and Saturn are only relevant if you listen to the track outside the Chinese month of April. Otherwise, the noise gate could be at 4.87db and you'd never be able to tell!

My point was that Carlos had soul and feeling in his playing. Gary is a technical virtuoso but his playing is emotionless. And as everyone knows, feelings > facts. Fact.

Have you ever listened to Josh Freese's isolated drum tracks from the village sessions underwater? Whilst sedated and being fed oxygen through your toenails? This is the way ChiDem should be listened to. Axl was sooooo ahead of his time, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. 

30 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Have you ever listened to Josh Freese's isolated drum tracks from the village sessions underwater? Whilst sedated and being fed oxygen through your toenails? This is the way ChiDem should be listened to. Axl was sooooo ahead of his time, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. 

It is truly an album meant to be experienced in a sensory deprivation chamber. He was so ahead of his time that his new age methods weren't appreciated until he reached old age. As Axl would say - better late than never!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, gavgnr said:

So 2018 then?

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

To be fair, going from the locker leaks version it was a lot heavier before the final mix

Haven't heard that since 2019, maybe I should again. :) 

Edited by jamillos

2 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Have most folk on this forum heard the full locker leaks CDs?

Probably... or at least all the songs with vocals.

Also, was the Appetite '99 re-recording leaked too?

No, but I don't think that really "exists" in the way people think it does. It's probably either mostly instrumental or has scratch vocals. I think it was Dave Abbruzzese who talked about playing AFD in full (this would've been before the CD sessions really started) and Axl only sang half the lines, in half voice. And since Axl referred to AFD '99 as something to basically just get the band used to those songs, I would imagine it wouldn't have "full" vocals. That's just my guess, though.

But there was an instrumental version of WTTJ and KOHD in the locker leaks, as well as an acoustic KOHD with vocals.

51 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Probably... or at least all the songs with vocals.

No, but I don't think that really "exists" in the way people think it does. It's probably either mostly instrumental or has scratch vocals. I think it was Dave Abbruzzese who talked about playing AFD in full (this would've been before the CD sessions really started) and Axl only sang half the lines, in half voice. And since Axl referred to AFD '99 as something to basically just get the band used to those songs, I would imagine it wouldn't have "full" vocals. That's just my guess, though.

But there was an instrumental version of WTTJ and KOHD in the locker leaks, as well as an acoustic KOHD with vocals.

Imagine going back in time to the late 1980s and telling the rest of the AFD 5 "yeah in about 10 years you guys won't be in the band and Axl will be trying to rerecord the album that you just put out with a bunch of other guys." 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Have most folk on this forum heard the full locker leaks CDs? Also, was the Appetite '99 re-recording leaked too?

Yeah - there was some tremendous stuff on them. Strip away the multiple versions etc there was some strong stuff (and a few complete duffers on there) regardless of what you may think over who created them/is it GNR.

I can’t remember Knocking on Heavens Door but I recall folk on here absolutely raving about it.