The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

He doesn't. That idiot has been wrong about everything. All he does is entertain the psychos and racists on the forum

Yeah, the key is not to pay these people any attention, because that's what they seem to crave. 

I just came across this on one of the other threads and had to laugh  https://www.a-4-d.com/t5018-19-december-1994-october-1996-axl-and-slash-fights-slash-quits#20214 If there's anyone wondering about the new album, there's a couple of quotes here that are identical to things Slash and Duff have said in the past 2/3yrs regarding the potential new record. 1994-1996 is pretty much the same as 2019-2021 but the difference is if the pandemic wasn't happening they'd be a functioning touring band... still no new music though so that holds true. 

4 hours ago, ThePreacher said:

I assume Brasky is full of shit but I could really believe this one is true :D

Great  News guys.

GNR has not done shit in almost a whole year.

No studio time , no rehearsals  and fuck i don't  think they been in the same room since the Mexican show.

Rock and Roll Gunners

Also Axl is remodeling his home !

Exciting times.

Duff has said that he has rehearsed with Slash and Axl at least twice since the pandemic began. Hopefully Axls kitchen work is productive though

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I just came across this on one of the other threads and had to laugh  https://www.a-4-d.com/t5018-19-december-1994-october-1996-axl-and-slash-fights-slash-quits#20214 If there's anyone wondering about the new album, there's a couple of quotes here that are identical to things Slash and Duff have said in the past 2/3yrs regarding the potential new record. 1994-1996 is pretty much the same as 2019-2021 but the difference is if the pandemic wasn't happening they'd be a functioning touring band... still no new music though so that holds true. 

Duff has said that he has rehearsed with Slash and Axl at least twice since the pandemic began. Hopefully Axls kitchen work is productive though

Has he? I missed that- do you have the quote (or a rough version of what he said)? 

I find it surprising as Axl isn't known for rehearsing really, even when they have gigs coming up......

For what it's worth, I'm watching the Andertons "Gretsch Takeover" thing on youtube right now, feat. an interview with Fortus. 

Lee Anderton very carefully asked him what he's been up to during the Covid year. He basically said he's been lucky to have several jobs, different projects going on and found time to be with his family. No mention of Guns in any way from him answering that question.

EDIT: At the very end, Lee asked if there is anything else Guns fans can look forward to this year, aside from the still planed shows in Europe

He answered: "Oh, shitloads of stuff that I can't talk about!"

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, El Guapo said:

For what it's worth, I'm watching the Andertons "Gretsch Takeover" thing on youtube right now, feat. an interview with Fortus. 

Lee Anderton very carefully asked him what he's been up to during the Covid year. He basically said he's been lucky to have several jobs, different projects going on and found time to be with his family. No mention of Guns in any way from him answering that question.

Confirmed: He isn't part of the new album!

Because there ain't one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Has he? I missed that- do you have the quote (or a rough version of what he said)? 

I find it surprising as Axl isn't known for rehearsing really, even when they have gigs coming up......

I can't remember where he said it (possibly the Todd kearns interview?), I just remember him saying something to distract away from the album question (todd was saying how he knew they were working on something, but Duff was giving the poker face) and saying like we've met up a few times. It basically was just that, he didn't really expand on it or specify that that Axl was there or what they were playing. There's also the possibility I misunderstood, or misremembered it. 

• Like 2

On 3/22/2021 at 12:43 AM, Rjuncajun said:

A rerecorded AFD, especially without Slash and Duff on it is COMPLETELY the wrong thing to do. 

Many bands have recorded material that NEVER see the light of day, for one reason or another.   This should be once of those that is lost forever.   Unless, for some Godawful reason, Slash and Duff left the band.   That's perhaps the ONLY way that a recorded AFD would be acceptable. 

Even if Duff and Slash left again, it is still a god awful idea to release it. When Ozzy replace Lee and Bob Daisley that was terrible PR. Look for a learning experience? it served its purpose, but besides that there is no reason for it to be released to the public. There is the outside possibility that someone leaks it? but it's unlikely there's vocals on any of it considering he didn't even sing on the majority of the new material he was making at the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

EDIT: At the very end, Lee asked if there is anything else Guns fans can look forward to this year, aside from the still planed shows in Europe

He answered: "Oh, shitloads of stuff that I can't talk about!"

Well, at least that's something!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Even if Duff and Slash left again, it is still a god awful idea to release it. When Ozzy replace Lee and Bob Daisley that was terrible PR. Look for a learning experience? it served its purpose, but besides that there is no reason for it to be released to the public. There is the outside possibility that someone leaks it? but it's unlikely there's vocals on any of it considering he didn't even sing on the majority of the new material he was making at the time.

That would be the common sense approach. However on a GNR forum...!!!!!! 

"What's it like playing with Slash" Zzzzzzzz Richard... nobody is interviewing you to hear about anything else other than GNR and specifically about the tour and new music, if you can't speak then don't speak... unless it's a specific to gear interview. At this stage where he's shouting about 17yrs in GNR it's laughable that he says he can't say anything about GNR or plans. 

Lets face it though, it's more touring... it's always more touring.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Politicians speaking.

Basically the same language once anything relevant is brought up. The guy won't even discuss the making of chinese... I mean come on! A job where you can't speak is not a dream job. I appreciate he wants to keep his spot etc. But the idea thst talking about something that happened 15yrs could unsettle things boe for gnr is absurd. Anyway, I just skip gis interviews these days.

14 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I can't remember where he said it (possibly the Todd kearns interview?), I just remember him saying something to distract away from the album question (todd was saying how he knew they were working on something, but Duff was giving the poker face) and saying like we've met up a few times. It basically was just that, he didn't really expand on it or specify that that Axl was there or what they were playing. There's also the possibility I misunderstood, or misremembered it. 

Ah, yeah, I remember that actually. I think he mentioned Slash. I can't imagine Axl being there - I think it was mentioned that Duff is the other side of the country anyway. 

I'd actually be pretty surprised if any thought whatsoever has gone into the activity of GNR in the last year. Solo work, sure, but GNR? I'd bet they're just waiting to hear when the tour starts again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Basically the same language once anything relevant is brought up. The guy won't even discuss the making of chinese... I mean come on! A job where you can't speak is not a dream job. I appreciate he wants to keep his spot etc. But the idea thst talking about something that happened 15yrs could unsettle things boe for gnr is absurd. Anyway, I just skip gis interviews these days.

Definitely more of the same. The only interviews that are notable anymore are from the big three. 

Bumble was always fairly hesitant to release any info as it related to recording too. I'm sure they have some sort of gag order, like actors during the production of a big movie like Star Wars. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Definitely more of the same. The only interviews that are notable anymore are from the big three. 

Bumble was always fairly hesitant to release any info as it related to recording too. I'm sure they have some sort of gag order, like actors during the production of a big movie like Star 

At least bumble said it straight when he said "enjoy what you have" basically saying a new record was not on the cards. Richard has never said anything as close to the truth. He does however stir the pot. End of the day he won't have much of a role in the making of a record beyond layering so I guess it doesn't matter. He can play pretend rockstar and be best buds with the guys😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Ah, yeah, I remember that actually. I think he mentioned Slash. I can't imagine Axl being there - I think it was mentioned that Duff is the other side of the country anyway. 

I'd actually be pretty surprised if any thought whatsoever has gone into the activity of GNR in the last year. Solo work, sure, but GNR? I'd bet they're just waiting to hear when the tour starts again. 

Yep, that's my exact thoughts. Cannot wait to hear all the excuses when they eventually do fire up.the touring machine again, that should be entertaining if nothing else

• Like 1

All I'm wondering about is just how many unreleased potential albums, demos, takes, sessions, jams there are. Like how much do we not even know about?

Let's see. From things I remember.

Various 92-94 demos (all we know is "This I love" and "Back and forth again" and the 2 unreleased TSI tracks)

94 Slash demos.

94-96 Duff/Matt/sometimes Slash Jams

94 Wylde sessions

95 tapes with "Machine Gun"

95 Izzy/Duff tapes for GNR (not the solo Izzy tapes)

95 "Slash is back and we're doing great" sessions

96-97 Matt/Duff trying one last time

Rehearsals with Robin while Duff was still in the band

98-99 1st planned album era

00-02 so many bucket ideas probably...

02-06 there's gotta be so much more left...

06-08 honestly, not interested because bumblefoot shit all over everything he played on, but still there's gotta be a lot of stuff recorded if he was able to create so many takes

09-11 the "oh yeah this band is totally legit a group feeling" era

12-14 the "got CDII almost finished with DJ" stuff

16-18 1st NITL attempt?

19-20 2nd NITL attempt?

Imagine just How much stuff is there that we'll never hear.

And most of these eras we know nothing about. The only snippet of the pre-99 stuff we got was that jam from the Matt Sorum instructional video in late 97, which would probably be an indication of what the GNR jams sounded like before Slash and Duff were out.

I believe he was still in the band when that instructional video was recorded, although it was IIRC a month before he was fired. I don't remember exactly anymore, lost interest in this band because of the negative fanbase. There's gotta be *tons* more.

Edited by bassplayer1993

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Yep, that's my exact thoughts. Cannot wait to hear all the excuses when they eventually do fire up.the touring machine again, that should be entertaining if nothing else

"Given the last year people just want to hear the songs they know and love and have a party" 

"They need to get back into the groove of things and get used to playing together again, then they'll look at new material" 

"This is just a post Covid celebration....if they tour again in 2023 and don't have new material then we should worry" 

Those would be my guesses from people. They're basically all the things that have been said after each leg of the tour finishes, and then the ball gets kicked down the road! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bassplayer1993 said:

All I'm wondering about is just how many unreleased potential albums, demos, takes, sessions, jams there are. Like how much do we not even know about?

Let's see. From things I remember.

Various 92-94 demos (all we know is "This I love" and "Back and forth again" and the 2 unreleased TSI tracks)

94 Slash demos.

94-96 Duff/Matt/sometimes Slash Jams

94 Wylde sessions

95 tapes with "Machine Gun"

95 Izzy/Duff tapes for GNR (not the solo Izzy tapes)

95 "Slash is back and we're doing great" sessions

96-97 Matt/Duff trying one last time

Rehearsals with Robin while Duff was still in the band

98-99 1st planned album era

00-02 so many bucket ideas probably...

02-06 there's gotta be so much more left...

06-08 honestly, not interested because bumblefoot shit all over everything he played on, but still there's gotta be a lot of stuff recorded if he was able to create so many takes

09-11 the "oh yeah this band is totally legit a group feeling" era

12-14 the "got CDII almost finished with DJ" stuff

16-18 1st NITL attempt?

19-20 2nd NITL attempt?

Imagine just How much stuff is there that we'll never hear.

And most of these eras we know nothing about. The only snippet of the pre-99 stuff we got was that jam from the Matt Sorum instructional video in late 97, which would probably be an indication of what the GNR jams sounded like before Slash and Duff were out.

I believe he was still in the band when that instructional video was recorded, although it was IIRC a month before he was fired. I don't remember exactly anymore, lost interest in this band because of the negative fanbase. There's gotta be *tons* more.

"Various 92-94 demos (all we know is "This I love" and "Back and forth again" and the 2 unreleased TSI tracks)"

I know that they recorder "Beer and Cigarretes" from Hanoi Rocks, which one is the other from TSI?

1 minute ago, Legendador said:

"Various 92-94 demos (all we know is "This I love" and "Back and forth again" and the 2 unreleased TSI tracks)"

I know that they recorder "Beer and Cigarretes" from Hanoi Rocks, which one is the other from TSI?

Down on the Street by The Stooges.

16 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

"Given the last year people just want to hear the songs they know and love and have a party" 

"They need to get back into the groove of things and get used to playing together again, then they'll look at new material" 

"This is just a post Covid celebration....if they tour again in 2023 and don't have new material then we should worry" 

Those would be my guesses from people. They're basically all the things that have been said after each leg of the tour finishes, and then the ball gets kicked down the road! 

I used to be one of the people who would say shit like this lol. Gave up around 2019.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

"What's it like playing with Slash" Zzzzzzzz Richard... nobody is interviewing you to hear about anything else other than GNR and specifically about the tour and new music, if you can't speak then don't speak... unless it's a specific to gear interview. At this stage where he's shouting about 17yrs in GNR it's laughable that he says he can't say anything about GNR or plans. 

Lets face it though, it's more touring... it's always more touring.

The interview was specific about gear. The whole show was about the Gretsch guitars, and he has a signature model coming up in the 4th quarter. And the Anderton's channel is literally made by a guitar store in UK.

• Like 2