The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

22 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

I don't really know what Sirius is, can we not just go back and listen like a podcast recording?

https://blog.siriusxm.com/duff-mckagan-is-back-with-three-chords-the-truth-show-on-ozzys-boneyard/#:~:text=Duff McKagan%2C legendary Guns N,Truth on Ozzy's Boneyard (Ch.&text=McKagan recently collaborated on Ozzy,Andrew Watt and Chad Smith.

According to this page, there's a new episode of the show each week and they broadcast it Friday through Tuesday. If Duff did mention something about a new album in the last episode, I think we may have missed our shot at hearing it assuming that there's a new episode each Friday and the show won't be broadcast tomorrow (Thursday).

That being said, I have no idea how SiriusXM works and if there's a way to listen to past episodes on demand or not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ApacheChief42 said:

https://blog.siriusxm.com/duff-mckagan-is-back-with-three-chords-the-truth-show-on-ozzys-boneyard/#:~:text=Duff McKagan%2C legendary Guns N,Truth on Ozzy's Boneyard (Ch.&text=McKagan recently collaborated on Ozzy,Andrew Watt and Chad Smith.

According to this page, there's a new episode of the show each week and they broadcast it Friday through Tuesday. If Duff did mention something about a new album in the last episode, I think we may have missed our shot at hearing it assuming that there's a new episode each Friday and the show won't be broadcast tomorrow (Thursday).

That being said, I have no idea how SiriusXM works and if there's a way to listen to past episodes on demand or not.

Last week's episode is currently on the Sirius XM app but it looks like it's 5 hours long?  So I'm not going to bother lol 

35 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

I don't really know what Sirius is, can we not just go back and listen like a podcast recording?

Sirius XM is satellite radio.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Padme said:

Just for the sake of argument, Even if Duff used those words and someone could verify, so what? He doesn't have the last word. Maybe not even Axl has the last word. There is the record company, publishing rights and things like that. And the band has to deal with those issues. Who called the shots when the AFD box set came up? How we got the official news about it?

I don't believe it for a second that the record company would hold a record back. Maybe during corona while no gigs allowed but now,  that touring seems to be possible again and prior Covid they wouldn’t prevent Guns from releasing a record.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Last week's episode is currently on the Sirius XM app but it looks like it's 5 hours long?  So I'm not going to bother lol 

Sirius XM is satellite radio.  

Just skimmed through the episode, only the first 40 minutes was the actual show.

Nothing about a new album was mentioned at all. Duff talked about playing Attitude and So Fine live and that was the scope of GNR talk...

• Like 1

The tweet didn't say that Duff said it in the last episode. Could be a week ago or a month ago or whatever.

4 hours ago, Padme said:

Just for the sake of argument, Even if Duff used those words and someone could verify, so what? He doesn't have the last word. Maybe not even Axl has the last word. There is the record company, publishing rights and things like that. And the band has to deal with those issues. Who called the shots when the AFD box set came up? How we got the official news about it?

Yes, of course, this is true.  I didn't say anywhere that what Duff might have said amounts to an official announcement or anything.

But does that mean that what Duff or Slash or Axl say isn't even worth a mention in a near 400-pages thread full of speculation?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

The tweet didn't say that Duff said it in the last episode. Could be a week ago or a month ago or whatever.

Yes, of course, this is true.  I didn't say anywhere that what Duff might have said amounts to an official announcement or anything.

But does that mean that what Duff or Slash or Axl say isn't even worth a mention in a near 400-pages thread full of speculation?

What did the tweet say exactly (I can’t see anything)?

And I agree - ANY kind of comment has to be worth mentioning on the thread at this stage. 🤣

31 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It said that Duff said during one of his shows that they've written a lot of material and new music is coming.  So I just asked if anyone on here has listened to it, because we can't rely on a tweet and  I was curious to know what Duff said exactly (if he really said anything). But somehow some people here took it as if I posted it as big news or whatever and went grumpy over it. :lol:

Anyway, the only thing that has been verified is that no one listens to Duff's show :lol:

🤣 Fair enough…..absolutely not worth getting grumpy over!

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

It said that Duff said during one of his shows that they've written a lot of material and new music is coming.  So I just asked if anyone on here has listened to it, because we can't rely on a tweet and  I was curious to know what Duff said exactly (if he really said anything). But somehow some people here took it as if I posted it as big news or whatever and went grumpy over it. :lol:

Anyway, the only thing that has been verified is that no one listens to Duff's show :lol:

Fake news😉

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

It said that Duff said during one of his shows that they've written a lot of material and new music is coming. 

We can make the case that Duff has more authority on the matter. But we've heard this same bullshit from Richard like a million times already

Sorry, I believe it when I see it  :shrugs:

1 minute ago, Padme said:

We can make the case that Duff has more authority on the matter. But we've heard this same bullshit from Richard like a million times already

Sorry, I believe it when I see it  :shrugs:

I guess this wasn't an interview, this seems to be freely offered info. My question would be why would he say anything if he didn't have something to say. Maybe there are listener questions? I guess some brave soul will have to listen to the show from now on just in case there's a GNR nugget.

I think we're all on the same bandwidth with 'believe it when we see it', I'm willing to bite on this occasion but my hopes are not being raised.

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I don't believe it for a second that the record company would hold a record back. Maybe during corona while no gigs allowed but now,  that touring seems to be possible again and prior Covid they wouldn’t prevent Guns from releasing a record.

I'm not saying "prevent" They could be more involved maybe. I'm just saying they have a role to play. 

Edited by Padme
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I guess this wasn't an interview, this seems to be freely offered info. My question would be why would he say anything if he didn't have something to say. Maybe there are listener questions? I guess some brave soul will have to listen to the show from now on just in case there's a GNR nugget.

I think we're all on the same bandwidth with 'believe it when we see it', I'm willing to bite on this occasion but my hopes are not being raised.

Hey! Lets ask him on his twitter account

6 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

Here's the thing. Even if Axl himself said a new album is coming, I won't believe it until it's actually out everywhere. 

maybe but I don't think this is the point: in Gn'R land, we have very little real information so if the goal for the near future is to get a feel for what's happening with new music, what Axl, Slash, and Duff have to say about it does have its value imo. If Duff actually said this shit, then I think it's relevant. Especially in this thread.

51 minutes ago, Rovim said:

maybe but I don't think this is the point: in Gn'R land, we have very little real information so if the goal for the near future is to get a feel for what's happening with new music, what Axl, Slash, and Duff have to say about it does have its value imo. If Duff actually said this shit, then I think it's relevant. Especially in this thread.

In GN'R land if it ain't a cash grab it won't matter to them. If a new record is on the way they should've been teasing non-stop. But they're only posting useless black and white shit with literal "f'n" captions and the upcoming moneygrab tour II. 

I would love for them to prove me fucking wrong. But it's disappointing that they probably won't. 

PS. Them playing Slither would probably the most and only surreal thing this lineup has ever done. 

36 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

In GN'R land if it ain't a cash grab it won't matter to them. If a new record is on the way they should've been teasing non-stop. But they're only posting useless black and white shit with literal "f'n" captions and the upcoming moneygrab tour II. 

I would love for them to prove me fucking wrong. But it's disappointing that they probably won't. 

PS. Them playing Slither would probably the most and only surreal thing this lineup has ever done. 

if Axl didn't care he could have probably released a rehashed version of what Gn'R already explored musically fairly easily and quickly with Slash and Duff back in the band imo. Instead, it seems like there is the touring machine and the catalog.

So maybe not every aspect of Gn'R is a cash grab and Axl prefers to only release what he considers to be an album that would add something to the catalog? maybe Axl cares too much so he overthinks it and hoards new music until it's good enough in his mind.

I guess eventually Axl will have to give an interview and talk about his current intentions regarding new music or maybe during a show but in the meantime, he's not talking so at least when Slash and Duff still occasionally vaguely talk about new music, it makes me think it's not dead and there is still a chance we'll get more music from Axl at some point in the future.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

You know what would be really smart? Surprise drop an album tomorrow.

Mammoth WVHs album comes out tomorrow and that would be a huge 1 - 2 punch to make it a hot tour suddenly.

It won't happen because as previously stated, it's a smart move, but as always in GN'R fandom, one can dream. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You know what would be really smart? Surprise drop an album tomorrow.

Mammoth WVHs album comes out tomorrow and that would be a huge 1 - 2 punch to make it a hot tour suddenly.

It won't happen because as previously stated, it's a smart move, but as always in GN'R fandom, one can dream. 

Would be a smart move! Even just a surprise single to go along with WVH’s album release would be smart.

• Like 1