The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Axl will probably put out new music a couple years after this upcoming tour wraps up, when literally no one is paying attention or cares much about GNR....and will subsequently blame it's commercial failure on some ambiguous boogey man within the music industry.  Because he's Axl, and he's unreasonable as he is wildly fucking stubborn.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You know what would be really smart? Surprise drop an album tomorrow.

Mammoth WVHs album comes out tomorrow and that would be a huge 1 - 2 punch to make it a hot tour suddenly.

It won't happen because as previously stated, it's a smart move, but as always in GN'R fandom, one can dream. 

Would be rough of GNR to release an album on the same day, Mammoth would be forgotten altogether! but if they followed it a week later? boom! But I agree with the idea in theory! I think the Mammoth album is going to stick around for a while, I know I'm looking forward to it! That's 2 solid ways for GNR to tour successfully in 2021, from one guy. let's see if the one guy paid by GNR will come up anything remotely as interesting... one can dream indeed!

in the meantime https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupthink this might be the game changer!!!🥳

• Like 1

I think the real problem is that the record label and the casuals (and maybe even some of the band members themselves) all want to do Appetite For Destruction 2, whereas Axl and a lot of us diehards all want Chinese Democracy 2 (literally and figuratively).

…So they should comprise and make Use Your Illusion 3! :P

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I think the real problem is that the record label and the casuals (and maybe even some of the band members themselves) all want to do Appetite For Destruction 2, whereas Axl and a lot of us diehards all want Chinese Democracy 2 (literally and figuratively).

I wouldn't class myself a casual fan. And I definitely would not want another mess of an album like Chinese Democracy! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

I wouldn't class myself a casual fan. And I definitely would not want another mess of an album like Chinese Democracy! 

I'd want something closer to CD than AFD honestly. Not with as many unnecessary layers, but more piano based songs with a few rockers sprinkled throughout would be nice. A bunch of 60-year-old multimillionaires trying to recapture AFD would be awful.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd want something closer to CD than AFD honestly. Not with as many unnecessary layers, but more piano based songs with a few rockers sprinkled throughout would be nice. A bunch of 60-year-old multimillionaires trying to recapture AFD would be awful.

Recapturing CD is a even worse idea.

I rather they come out with a mixture of styles and songs like they did with UYI.

But I doubt we will get anything anyway.

• Like 2

It would be foolish not to use the material Axl came up with throughout the Chinese sessions as the spine of the album in my opinion, especially when you look at the caliber of songs that were included on the Village leaks, even the instrumentals. I'm not convinced anything they'd come up with would match that, but would happily be proven wrong, but my guess is that the very vast majority of a future Guns N' Roses album will be predominantly made up of Chinese era material. While it's extremely unlikely any ex member will be on there, which is a travesty as I'd love to hear it all in it's original form, at least there is no Ashba.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dean said:

It would be foolish not to use the material Axl came up with throughout the Chinese sessions as the spine of the album in my opinion, especially when you look at the caliber of songs that were included on the Village leaks, even the instrumentals. I'm not convinced anything they'd come up with would match that, but would happily be proven wrong, but my guess is that the very vast majority of a future Guns N' Roses album will be predominantly made up of Chinese era material. While it's extremely unlikely any ex member will be on there, which is a travesty as I'd love to hear it all in it's original form, at least there is no Ashba.

Assuming some of the best instrumentals have been 'finished' for a while (Oklahoma, Soul Monster, Zodiac, Dummy, Circus Maximus, etc) Axl probably has at least one album he could've pasted Slash and Duff onto by now... the logical thing to do would be to replace Chris's parts with Melissa's, delete and replace some backing vocals and guitar parts, and release/tour it while working on an Axl/Slash/Duff album that would likely be the final GNR album.

16 minutes ago, vloors said:

Recapturing CD is a even worse idea.

I rather they come out with a mixture of styles and songs like they did with UYI.

But I doubt we will get anything anyway.

I don't think an album is really gonna be released, but ideally any new material would be in a middle ground between CD and UYI... it'd be a progression from UYI but not as overdone as CD.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

So what you're trying to say is

AFD2+CD2 = UYI3 ??? 

I'd buy it. If it existed or was intended to be in existence. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

A bunch of 60-year-old multimillionaires trying to recapture AFD would be awful.

Sounds like AC/DC. :D

And I say the above as a fan of the band, seeing them once in 2016 and buying some of their albums.

Most of their songs have a similar formula. 

The best music they released was written by both of them. They had 20 years to prove otherwise but failed, so why not do the right thing now and write music together. 

There was enough time for the unreleased CD material to get finished. Now use the best ideas, vocally, and move on.