Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, jamillos said:

Slash butchering anything sounds like an oxymoron to me. Besides, I'm not one of those people who expect the new album to be just a revamped CD 2. Axl probably will use his old ideas on a few songs, but I believe Slash will want to express himself creatively, and I see no reason why he should just play someone else's songs even on a new record of his own band. Nah, it needs to be fresh, and mostly made by the band which currently exists, not exclusively consist of 20 year old songs written essentially for a solo endeavour. I understand that for you, NuGNR is the main thing, and that's totally cool with me, but I'm more for the original guy... ;)

You keep saying this but it contradicts every interview Slash & Duff gave in 2018/2019. You wishing it won't make it true.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

You keep saying this but it contradicts every interview Slash & Duff gave in 2018/2019. You wishing it won't make it true.

Not necessarily, they said yes, Axl has tons of stuff, but also that they've been working on something. Like I've said here before, nothing is stopping Axl from just giving Slash lyrics / basic melodies and letting him figure out whatever he wants to do with it. At least some songs could be composed this way. Again, it's Slash, not some replacement. He'll want his own contribution to be the main part of a record with the Guns N' Roses name on it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Not necessarily, they said yes, Axl has tons of stuff, but also that they've been working on something. Like I've said here before, nothing is stopping Axl from just giving Slash lyrics / basic melodies and letting him figure out whatever he wants to do with it. At least some songs could be composed this way. Again, it's Slash, not some replacement. He'll want his own contribution to be the main part of a record with the Guns N' Roses name on it. 

nobody has explicitly said that most of the next potential Guns album would consist of mainly unreleased Chinese era material. That is just what some fans here believe and to a certain extent, I think at least most of it will be tunes that Axl had worked on for years, but we don't actually know that.

I'm hoping for at least 3-4 new tunes that Slash and Duff brought in centered around a huge riff or some shit. Everyone got their favorite players, but in the end, I just want the album to be great and I trust Axl to deliver something that would sound epic and rock hard.

I agree that Slash should get a chance to put his stamp on it, it just wouldn't be right not to let him be all over the album, in some way imo.

I still would love it if Axl kept at least a few Bucket and Robin solos but if Slash comes up with killer solos on CD ll tunes, it wouldn't be the end of the world, just it's a shame we can't get CD ll untouched and an album from the current line up but my guess is Axl will never do that and he'll just add Slash and Duff to the pile with possibly a few new compositions from Slash.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rovim said:

nobody has explicitly said that most of the next potential Guns album would consist of mainly unreleased Chinese era material. That is just what some fans here believe and to a certain extent, I think at least most of it will be tunes that Axl had worked on for years, but we don't actually know that.

I'm hoping for at least 3-4 new tunes that Slash and Duff brought in centered around a huge riff or some shit. Everyone got their favorite players, but in the end, I just want the album to be great and I trust Axl to deliver something that would sound epic and rock hard.

I agree that Slash should get a chance to put his stamp on it, it just wouldn't be right not to let him be all over the album, in some way imo.

I still would love it if Axl kept at least a few Bucket and Robin solos but if Slash comes up with killer solos on CD ll tunes, it wouldn't be the end of the world, just it's a shame we can't get CD ll untouched and an album from the current line up but my guess is Axl will never do that and he'll just add Slash and Duff to the pile with possibly a few new compositions from Slash.

We can assume with a great level of certainty based off what we know in terms of what has been suggested by the band in interviews and the fact that we have gotten nothing but lowest case denominator vocals/interaction/merchandise & paraphernalia/etc from the GNR camp.  
 

It will likely continue with the possibly eventual release of the next album. I’m expecting nothing more than retooled CD era tracks and vocals with some possible more recent minor vocal overdubs. I don’t think Axl has anything left in the tank creatively. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

We can assume with a great level of certainty based off what we know in terms of what has been suggested by the band in interviews and the fact that we have gotten nothing but lowest case denominator vocals/interaction/merchandise & paraphernalia/etc from the GNR camp.  
 

It will likely continue with the possibly eventual release of the next album. I’m expecting nothing more than retooled CD era tracks and vocals with some possible more recent minor vocal overdubs. I don’t think Axl has anything left in the tank creatively. 

all that was said about new music is that Axl got a shitload of material, he said if Slash and Duff want to be a part of it, they can, and Slash said he worked on some Gn'R shit plus the 2 new riffs he saved for Gn'R.

it's all speculation. We don't know exactly what the ratio will be between new material and old plus shit can change. What if Slash comes up with an idea that Axl thinks could fit nicely with what he already got? like I said, I still believe most of it will be from the CD era, but we don't really know how it will turn out if/when it actually releases.

There could be a lot of time for Axl to change his mind about a bunch of things and he is known to do that when it comes to decisions about new music.

Axl can suddenly decide to use some shit from 1996 now that Slash is back in Gn'R.

 

Edited by Rovim
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

It will likely continue with the possibly eventual release of the next album. I’m expecting nothing more than retooled CD era tracks and vocals with some possible more recent minor vocal overdubs. I don’t think Axl has anything left in the tank creatively. 

That's a more than reasonable expectation.

My best guess is there hasn't been much new stuff brought to the table since the Robin and Bucket era.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

That's a more than reasonable expectation.

My best guess is there hasn't been much new stuff brought to the table since the Robin and Bucket era.

Yeah from what I gather pretty much everything Ashba and BBF brought to Axl got rejected. Ashba ended up using his stuff for Sixx AM’s double album, and BBF ended up using his stuff for Little Brother Is Watching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah from what I gather pretty much everything Ashba and BBF brought to Axl got rejected. Ashba ended up using his stuff for Sixx AM’s double album, and BBF ended up using his stuff for Little Brother Is Watching.

That's pretty funny, and interesting. I liked the first two Sixx albums. The subsequent ones didn't jump out at me, but then again I don't recall listening to them much. Maybe I should give them a chance.

I thought Bumble's Argentina song would have been great refined with GN'R and Axl on vocals. I remember when he would play it and say he wanted to do it with guns. Some of his lyrics are a tad corny though, but so is Scraped so it probably would have worked.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know everyone is assuming Axl and is going to dictate a new album and only ask Slash and Duff to rerecord parts or rewrite parts or songs he already has but I honestly think it will be much more of a collaborative effort.  I think Axl doing Slither at the shows is evidence that he isn't the same as he was years ago, and he actually cares about the other guys and their input and work.  Just my two cents.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I know everyone is assuming Axl and is going to dictate a new album and only ask Slash and Duff to rerecord parts or rewrite parts or songs he already has but I honestly think it will be much more of a collaborative effort.  I think Axl doing Slither at the shows is evidence that he isn't the same as he was years ago, and he actually cares about the other guys and their input and work.  Just my two cents.

Hopefully you’re right. Even though I still don’t think we’re ever gonna get anything, I’d rather wait a long time for a GREAT album then wait a short amount of time for just another decent one.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I know everyone is assuming Axl and is going to dictate a new album and only ask Slash and Duff to rerecord parts or rewrite parts or songs he already has but I honestly think it will be much more of a collaborative effort.  I think Axl doing Slither at the shows is evidence that he isn't the same as he was years ago, and he actually cares about the other guys and their input and work.  Just my two cents.

I agree

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I know everyone is assuming Axl and is going to dictate a new album and only ask Slash and Duff to rerecord parts or rewrite parts or songs he already has but I honestly think it will be much more of a collaborative effort.  I think Axl doing Slither at the shows is evidence that he isn't the same as he was years ago, and he actually cares about the other guys and their input and work.  Just my two cents.

It would actually be incredible if Slither showed up on the new GNR album.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, jamillos said:

It will actually stretch over several successive forums. After MyGnr, there’ll be YourGnr, then TheirGnr, WhoseGnr, and finally TBsGnr, with this legendary thread having some 5,000 pages. Only then will we get a new single – "Hard School, drums +1 dB, no vox, rhythm guitar only, weird sub-bass reverb, wind howling outside the window". 
I’ll be a head in a jar by then, but am still looking forward to this! 

The official title of that song will actually be “Hard School, drums +1 dB, no vox, rhythm guitar only, weird sub-bass reverb, wind howling outside the window, and Silkworms drumbeat from TWAT.”

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Sweersa said:

That's pretty funny, and interesting. I liked the first two Sixx albums. The subsequent ones didn't jump out at me, but then again I don't recall listening to them much. Maybe I should give them a chance.

I thought Bumble's Argentina song would have been great refined with GN'R and Axl on vocals. I remember when he would play it and say he wanted to do it with guns. Some of his lyrics are a tad corny though, but so is Scraped so it probably would have worked.

The first two Sixx AM albums were great. The next 3 albums are cheesy generic crap with 1/2 good moments max. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

The first two Sixx AM albums were great. The next 3 albums are cheesy generic crap with 1/2 good moments max. 

That's too bad. Seems to happen with a lot of bands. Maybe nothing is better than mostly shit. (GN'R) Though even if most of CD2 turns out to be garbage I'd take that over nothing.

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

That's too bad. Seems to happen with a lot of bands. Maybe nothing is better than mostly shit. (GN'R) Though even if most of CD2 turns out to be garbage I'd take that over nothing.

Good job Nothing arrived then! And that's all we'll be getting. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • janrichmond changed the title to The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing"?
  • alfierose pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...