The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

16 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

400 pages of silence, 400 pages of pain ????

Edit: YES! Bring on the "Faster Than You Think" !!!!

I was so close too. 😭 Congratulations on winning the 400th page. 🤣👏

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Does anyone else feel as I do- that Axl's voice isn't as big a problem to them? 

Obviously I'd rather it was great....but if they brought the energy, new songs, looked like they weren't really bored etc, Axl not singing that well would just wash over me. It's low on my list of problems with their current situation really. 

Anyone else feel this way? 

I'm kind of the same way. Apart from a few select moments in 2016 even then he didn't sound all that amazing, still some Mickey etc, but what made that tour exciting for me was seeing Slash up there playing the old songs and looking like he was enjoying it. 2 years later he looked like he was on autopilot for most of the show and the whole thing had become boring. 

At this point I've accepted that Axl will never sound that way again and that shouldn't be the dealbreaker. Having said that it would be cool if he was more intentional about bringing the rasp on certain songs, like when he did it on OTGM when Steven guested with them. Almost sounded like AFD era GnR for a moment there. That was a moment where they had some energy and were really into it.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

I said that back in 2019. Will not make the same mistake again! Lol.

I've stopped saying that in 2011

Edited by Sosso

11 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I've stopped saying that in 2011

2016 was my limit. I was convinced they'd release at least ONE new song by the end of that year. 

When that didn't happen, the full scope of the tour came into sharp focus for me. These guys are down for the cash grab only and couldn't care less about the artistic side of things. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

2016 was my limit. I was convinced they'd release at least ONE new song by the end of that year. 

When that didn't happen, the full scope of the tour came into sharp focus for me. These guys are down for the cash grab only and couldn't care less about the artistic side of things. 

Yeah I think my time frame was around the same - I think even a little more because I was definitely a "reunion apologist" at the time ha.  Even in 2017 I was like "well they have only been at it for a year so maybe they need more time".  It wasn't until 2018 that I realized that this reunion doesn't change anything regarding GNR's inability to get new material out

• GNFNR 1

Jarmo is optimistic you guys:

Serious question. Which group are you guys in?

G: It's likely there will be new music released this year because they didn't last year (we're getting closer to a release every day)?

R: It's likely nothing will be released because they didn't release anything last year (nothing ever changes)?

I'm in G myself.

/jarmo

Yeah, I remember discussing arguing with people about this back around 2016 and before, as if Slash was a magician and with a strike of his wand could make change Axl. The reunion only made a new album less likely. Now two additional musicians must be somehow squeezed into an already overcrowded record.

2 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

G: It's likely there will be new music released this year because they didn't last year (we're getting closer to a release every day)?

R: It's likely nothing will be released because they didn't release anything last year (nothing ever changes)?

I'm in G myself.
/jarmo

This is not meant to shit on Jarmo as I don't have the problem with him so many others seem to. However, I don't think he would have any real clue if new music is coming. 

1 minute ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I'm in G myself.

/jarmo

In contrast to all other guys commenting on this, Jarmo is an actual insider. Not a pretender. Not a wanna-be. Not a faker. But even if he travels with the band and likely gets to fetch coffee and stack drinks, he probably knows as little as most people about a new record. I suspect only Axl knows what Axl plans (maybe Del, too), and not even Axl knows what he wants to do a month ahead.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I'm in G myself.

/jarmo

He doesn't know anything

• Like 2