The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 6/28/2021 at 11:25 PM, Dean said:

Wow. I did not know about this. What a mental collaboration that would have been.

never happend. IDK why some ppl bring that up all the time as a fact.  SR were irrelevant outside UK, pretty much like Oasis never made it past clubs outside of Europe/UK.

Slash was one of the biggest global icons at that time.   Slash also denied there was any talks between him and them. there you go

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

No we don't know who wrote the riff. All we know is they both used it. They may have wrote it together...

Well, that's technically true but at the same time we know Izzy came to the Project camp with riffs/songs ideas (most of them Scott refused later as something sounding too like Bad Conpany. VR guys stated this repeatedly plus we know that's how Izz is usually functioning - he comes in with ideas. He's the song starter and always was.

1 minute ago, Frankfurt93 said:

never happend. IDK why some ppl bring that up all the time as a fact.  SR were irrelevant outside UK, pretty much like Oasis never made it past clubs outside of Europe/UK.

Slash was one of the biggest global icons at that time.   Slash also denied there was any talks between him and them. there you go

Slash has a history of not being completely honest when recounting events that may or may not have happened, doesn't really mean anything anyway at the end of the day.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dean said:

Slash has a history of not being completely honest when recounting events that may or may not have happened, doesn't really mean anything anyway at the end of the day.

I think that's partly just him naturally misremembering things. For example the way he recounts the St.Louis incident in his book, it doesn't exactly match what anyone including he would see in the video. And he has no motive for describing the sequence of events slightly differently, there's nothing to be gained, it's just him speaking from memory rather than checking and cross referencing every detail. 

• Like 2

Jerry Cantrell just posted some pics to social media in what looks like a video shoot for a new filmclip, and Duff is there. Any excuse to get out of working on a new GN’R album.... 

That said, I’m very much looking forward to Jerry’s new album. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, metallex78 said:

Jerry Cantrell just posted some pics to social media in what looks like a video shoot for a new filmclip, and Duff is there. Any excuse to get out of working on a new GN’R album.... 

Duff Will play on just one song or the entire álbum?!? If it's the entire album would be pretty weird for obvius reasons... SMKC new album coming, Duff's new album maybe? Mmm who am I missing?! Hahahaha 

5 hours ago, Rayno said:

Well, that's technically true but at the same time we know Izzy came to the Project camp with riffs/songs ideas (most of them Scott refused later as something sounding too like Bad Conpany. VR guys stated this repeatedly plus we know that's how Izz is usually functioning - he comes in with ideas. He's the song starter and always was.

No, we know that Izzy came to the Project camp and they worked together on new music that Scott refused later. If you have more information rather than assumptions then let me know.

2 hours ago, metallex78 said:

It is possible that Duff has already completed his parts on a new album though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Frankfurt93 said:

Slash denied it, correct, but only sort-of at first, and then you have Mani, Ian Brown and Aziz saying Slash offered to join Stone Roses. So who to trust? That's three in favor and one against. And look at it this way, who has a reason to lie about this? Why would Ian, Mani and Aziz lie about Slash wanting to join their band? It seems utterly random. On the other hand, Slash could have lied about it to save face about being rejected and because it doesn't really fit the narrative of him doing all he could to make things work in GN'R.

In the end we can't really conclude what happened. It is word against words. 

Edited by SoulMonster

4 hours ago, agustingloger said:

Duff Will play on just one song or the entire álbum?!? If it's the entire album would be pretty weird for obvius reasons... SMKC new album coming, Duff's new album maybe? Mmm who am I missing?! Hahahaha 

I don’t know any more than what I’m speculating. Jerry has been working on a new solo album for a while now, and these photo(s) with Duff in them lead me to believe he’s playing on bass on the tracks?

Whether it’s the full album, or a few tracks, who knows really...

406 pages in. Circular conversation. Some people want a new album by the new line up. Some people want another frankenstein album like Chinese Democracy featuring contributions from members who have not been in the band for 20 years. Some people think a double album in the streaming age will put GNR back upon their thrown. But one constant... Absolutely f*** all update from the band itself! 

I listened to a few tracks from the Village Sessions yesterday whilst working. In my purely subjective opinion, most of it is bland pish. There is the odd moment of coolness, but overall... it's mainly weak material. I've played a few tracks to pals (who are also GNR fans) when we've been drinking. And nobody has been all that positive despite being initially very interested. I will call out State of Grace as being a decent, but not stellar, track. The Zodiac instrumental is kinda cool, but that's about it to these ears. 

The length of time between releases has all but killed my enthusiasm for new GNR. I'd give it a listen, but I fear I'd be going in with higher expectations of what I'm about to hear than what it is related to reality. I've still got a ticket for the Glasgow gig next year just in case they do pull it out of the bag as either a live or recording act... but let's be honest here, it's highly highly highly unlikely that's going to happen now! 

• Like 3

Well, they need to occupy themselves with something, while nothing is going on with Guns. Probably everything is done, and they’re waiting for Axl to lay down his vocals and all kinds of final touches, right? Right? 

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

No, we know that Izzy came to the Project camp and they worked together on new music that Scott refused later. If you have more information rather than assumptions then let me know.

Slash said in this interview with Rayno (is it the same @Rayno here?) that the songs they had written with Izzy might end up on Izzy's then next album:

Slash on songs co-written with Izzy and if the songs are gonna be on the album:

No. They all sounded a way too Guns N' Roses. But they might (??? - didn't catch this part) or might appear on Izzy's next solo record

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5070-2004-04-23-rayno-s-interview-with-slash

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dean said:

I'd be disappointed if we didn't in all honesty. That ginger bastard at the very top of his game? Yes please.

Absolutely. If it’s on tape (or Hard Drive) from that time then absolutely use it. Most folk outside the forums wont know when it’s been taken from anyways. If it’s a bit ‘wobbly’ live then I can live with that! 🤣

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It is possible that Duff has already completed his parts on a new album though.

Anything's possible (Even after 15 years reading delusional comments on this board I still can't tell when people are being intentionally vs. unintentionally funny sometimes). 

Edited by Rodzilla72
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Absolutely. If it’s on tape (or Hard Drive) from that time then absolutely use it. Most folk outside the forums wont know when it’s been taken from anyways. If it’s a bit ‘wobbly’ live then I can live with that! 🤣

I really liked Axl's voice during the CD era. A nice blend of his screaming rasp, and his more natural clean sounding voice. Sorry and Scraped showcase his abilities in that regard. (Among others)

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Guns N Roses will never do another album. I really believe that, not just saying it for effect. It is what it is. I ain't even mad anymore. More than anything, I would like to know why it is the way it is. What is it that has stopped Axl from wanting to put out new music for so many years? We'll never truly know, as Axl is never going to answer that question honestly. If he ever is asked again about new music it'll be the standard horseshit answer, that he and his minions have been churning out for over a decade now. "We're always working on stuff." "New music is a priority." "We're weighing up our options, figuring things out for now." 

I'd love to know the truth. My guess is that Axl just can't be bothered. No insecurities, no perfectionism, no record label issues, he just can't be bothered.

• Like 2

Just now, Towelie said:

Guns N Roses will never do another album. I really believe that, not just saying it for effect. It is what it is. I ain't even mad anymore. More than anything, I would like to know why it is the way it is. What is it that has stopped Axl from wanting to put out new music for so many years? We'll never truly know, as Axl is never going to answer that question honestly. If he ever is asked again about new music it'll be the standard horseshit answer, that he and his minions have been churning out for over a decade now. "We're always working on stuff." "New music is a priority." "We're weighing up our options, figuring things out for now." 

I'd love to know the truth. My guess is that Axl just can't be bothered. No insecurities, no perfectionism, no record label issues, he just can't be bothered.

As sad as it sounds, I think this has to increasingly be the only conclusion people are coming to. In the absence of anything to contradict or prove that view wrong, what else are people going to think?  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I really liked Axl's voice during the CD era. A nice blend of his screaming rasp, and his more natural clean sounding voice. Sorry and Scraped showcase his abilities in that regard. (Among others)

And of course the ultra-rasp of the TIL Remix. I’d fully expect any new material to have the same variation. Hopefully we will find out in the next decade or so….😂

14 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

And of course the ultra-rasp of the TIL Remix. I’d fully expect any new material to have the same variation. Hopefully we will find out in the next decade or so….😂

Exactly what I thought of. That TIL version, omg. However, he might get himself into a pickle this way, because if the recording is too good and he's not able to be anywhere near it live, the difference will be too palpable and painful. 

50 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Even if what you're saying corresponded with Axl's viewpoint, Slash is not the kind of guy who would just tour the same stuff endlessly. Not even for money - they've made the buck now and whatever family bullshit he had to pay, he's paid off. And GN'R never came off as the kind of people who would be in it just for money. Never in the history. Quite the opposite, they've always pursuited something higher even if that meant losing money (Axl refusing offers etc.). Call it integrity or whatever. 

So yeah, it may take a time, but a new record is coming out. Pure realism here. 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

As sad as it sounds, I think this has to increasingly be the only conclusion people are coming to. In the absence of anything to contradict or prove that view wrong, what else are people going to think?  

Exactly. I struggle to understand how any long-time fan can truly believe at this stage that a new album is coming, other than clutching on to blind hope.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Even if what you're saying corresponded with Axl's viewpoint, Slash is not the kind of guy who would just tour the same stuff endlessly. Not even for money - they've made the buck now and whatever family bullshit he had to pay, he's paid off. And GN'R never came off as the kind of people who would be in it just for money. Never in the history. Quite the opposite, they've always pursuited something higher even if that meant losing money (Axl refusing offers etc.). Call it integrity or whatever. 

So yeah, it may take a time, but a new record is coming out. Pure realism here. 

As long as GNR doesn't interfere with SMKC, I don't see why Slash would want to leave. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Slash said in this interview with Rayno (is it the same @Rayno here?) that the songs they had written with Izzy might end up on Izzy's then next album:

Slash on songs co-written with Izzy and if the songs are gonna be on the album:

No. They all sounded a way too Guns N' Roses. But they might (??? - didn't catch this part) or might appear on Izzy's next solo record

https://www.a-4-d.com/t5070-2004-04-23-rayno-s-interview-with-slash

That's not an evidence for who wrote which part of which song. But this is an excuse by Slash that always bothered me.

"We didn't use him as a singer because it sounded too much like GNR"

"We don't use these songs, they're sounding too much like Guns"

As it's a bad thing to sound like GNR.

SLASH, MOST OF YOUR FANS WANNA HEAR EXACTLY THAT! The more it sounds like GNR the better.