The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

13 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Several, I really like New Holland, Shorts, Bells, and Grand Armory. New Union in Lowell too. You?

Bells is a long time favorite of course. I like Founders a great deal and shorts too. 

9 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I loved Founders but then all that racial stuff didn't sit right with me. 

Oh boy.....I promise I'm not trying to derail this thread further, but I can tell you there's a lot more to that story. 

Not saying you're wrong for having a stance and I'm not even saying your stance is wrong. I'm just saying there's a lot more to it than what was in the press. 

Bring it up at music night some time and we'll hash it out then. I gotta stop derailing threads! Haha

2 minutes ago, Muddy said:

Peek my head in the door for possible news regarding a new album and it’s discussion of craft breweries in Michigan… 🤦‍♂️

That's a least 50% my fault, sorry! My actually thought before I replied about the beer yesterday was "well, there's never any actual news about a GN'R album, so I guess it couldn't hurt" lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's a least 50% my fault, sorry! My actually thought before I replied about the beer yesterday was "well, there's never any actual news about a GN'R album, so I guess it couldn't hurt" lol

I'll take the full blame!

I like Founders too, though I rarely go to downtown GR. I prefer to get my beers in more of a country setting like where I live. Never heard of any racial issues. Ignorance is bliss, sometimes. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

actually, talking about booze in this thread and maybe merging this with the "I'm an alcoholic" thread in the future if there is no new release somehow feels right.

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

I wonder if the album was completed a few years ago, with the exception of getting Frank's drums right. Could that be where they are held up? :P

Mhh...could be it...

Poor Frank, always getting shit from everybody XD

I really want to get my hands on a bottle of Nightrain. A fortified wine, right? Probably the equivalent of Eldorado, which is commonly known around these parts as "the Heroin addict's Buckfast". 

Just now, Muddy said:

I drank 2 bottles of it that were gifted as thanks for holding a spot in line at the Hammerstein ballroom show in 2006 . 

I was so drunk security barely let me into the show . Security tossed me about halfway thru and than Fernando let me stay and watch from the side as long as I gave my word I wouldn’t cause any more trouble . 

Nightrain is a crazy buzz !

Excellent! That's pretty good of him! 

I take it it's still readily available then! I really want to try a bottle.......

Add me to the list of Nightrain seekers.  I have actively tried to find it when travelling on vacation in the US and also when visiting some islands in the Caribbean when on vacation.  I want one to drink for myself and one to go with my GnR collection.

25 minutes ago, shepP said:

Add me to the list of Nightrain seekers.  I have actively tried to find it when travelling on vacation in the US and also when visiting some islands in the Caribbean when on vacation.  I want one to drink for myself and one to go with my GnR collection.

Same here, I've looked for it all over and can't find it. 

17 minutes ago, Mansin Humanity said:

if you're considering trying night train, speaking from experience, don't

I've never intended to drink it based on everything I've heard about it lol. I just want to find one bottle for my music room. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I've never intended to drink it based on everything I've heard about it lol. I just want to find one bottle for my music room. 

I've had the pleasure, or misfortune, of imbibing Nighttrain. A musician friend of mine and I, who has since passed(not related to drinking Nighttrain😄), drank some many years ago during a session. Some would consider it vile but it wasn't bad, however it is strong and will sneak up on you. It's kind of like Mad Dog 20/20.

Edit: Wanted to add, the bottle design was awesome. 

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I wonder if the album was completed a few years ago, with the exception of getting Frank's drums right. Could that be where they are held up? :P

Or trying to getting whatever the fuck Melissa does right...

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Buy two bottles and drink one. You have too! I had a coupel bottles back in the day that I bought in Cali.. I drank one and gave the other away as a gift. 

54 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Buy two bottles and drink one. You have too! I had a coupel bottles back in the day that I bought in Cali.. I drank one and gave the other away as a gift. 

If I could buy one or two, I would. I've looked allll over and never been able to find a bottle 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I think it's totally out of production. The idiots (myself included) who I used to drink it with every now and then with in college have looked on and off over the last few years for nostalgia purposes and no dice.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1