The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

On 7/11/2021 at 4:21 AM, 2020_Intensions said:

GnR fans are so desperate they're actually contemplating being ok with re-recorded versions of already released songs ... God this is such a pathetic state of affairs ...

Yes, GN'R is not Taylor Swift. Even when Axl sings about his former affairs

On 7/10/2021 at 12:41 PM, allwaystired said:

I still reckon a covers album would have a been a good idea, probably a couple of years ago. Would have been a good way to get then in a studio together without you much pressure.

The moment has passed for that though now- it would go down like a lead balloon after so long of touring NITL. 

Ala Live Like A Suicide; two covers and two new songs.

Failing that during their next tour have a section of their set dedicated to covers. Have one of the Appetite skeletons select a song from a jukebox on the video screens.

On 7/10/2021 at 1:06 PM, El Guapo said:

They could have done an EP years ago with new versions of CD, Better and 2 or 3 covers, that would have been kinda cool. Now, it would be tragic.

Perhaps an EP of two new songs and two cherry picked live Chinese songs from the NITLT band.

1 hour ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Ala Live Like A Suicide; two covers and two new songs.

Failing that during their next tour have a section of their set dedicated to covers. Have one of the Appetite skeletons select a song from a jukebox on the video screens.

Perhaps an EP of two new songs and two cherry picked live Chinese songs from the NITLT band.

They could re-record Live Like A Suicide perhaps?!!! :P

• GNFNR 1

51 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Friend, I think you're onto something.

I believe so! Fuck it, let's go full hog here.... Can you imagine the hype a fully re-recorded rendition of the GNR back catalogue would generate with hardcore and casual fans alike. We know Axl has a re-recorded version of Appetite For Destruction (excluding Anything Goes and You're Crazy) from 1999. I think they recorded versions of Patience and You Could Be Mine in their place. So that's a start on Lies and the Illusions. Hopefully Slash, Duff and the gang have spent the entirety of lockdown working on their re-recorded parts for the remainder of the tracks. Would be cool if they could potentially splice in a few Buckethead and Robin solos from live performance on the Illusions tracks too. Casual fans, let alone hardcores, will demand it really. Only appropriate they deliver the goods here! And then with a fully re-recorded Chinese Democracy (with Josh Freese's original drum tracks used for the main part) featuring newly recorded tracks by Slash and the team... this could work a treat. Throw in a few complimentary laundry bags into the mix as well, as it will be like 1991 all over again!

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dangom1 said:

There could be a snippet of a new GNR song in Slash solo they posted in the selects  ;) Slash did that a few years ago for Anastasia so .... wishful thinking 😂

A snippet of another new GNR song that will never see the light of day... yeah :laugh:

Any rerecorded  albums would be a total bust and waste of time, money and effort.  I would be open to the idea of a live album with the best performances from NITLT tour.  I still would love new music though.  Looking less and less likely at this point though 

• Like 1

Just now, jamillos said:

I don't want any more cover versions, live or studio. 

I don't want polished old demos or "untouched", that's-a-question-for-the-management, tracks.

I don't want revamped mixes of old releases played by the reinstated guys.

I don't want cartoon guest appearances. 

I don't want solo albums or solo endeavours. 

I don't want black & white pictures on the social media with the same content, accompanied with cheesy slogans from TB. 

I don't want constant wishing somebody happy birthdays on Twitter and nothing more. 

What I do want is new music. A new fucking album. Maybe partially with some refurbished stuff from the golden era and some from Axl's solo era, but a new album with new material nonetheless. 

Goddamn it. 

Complaints, complaints. You're so entitled! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

CD2 from 2010 starts now! (With a bonus disc of CD 1-2 as it existed pre-Bumblefoot)

And for a limited time only, the 1999 Sean Beaven produced album as a digital download.

Would be cool if they released version of the 1999 mix with Slash and Duff tagged on? Perhaps on cassette. 

25 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Would be cool if they released version of the 1999 mix with Slash and Duff tagged on? Perhaps on cassette. 

That would be better than nothing, but I'd prefer the OG CD crew. (Plus, don't want to give Frank an excuse to taint the tape :P )

23 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

That would be better than nothing, but I'd prefer the OG CD crew. (Plus, don't want to give Frank an excuse to taint the tape :P )

Perhaps Brain's take on Josh's original drum parts excluding the cymbals which will be Frank. Then spliced together using a mixture of analog and digital before being mixed on ProTools with LogicProX compression and EQ. I'm really surprised more people don't make albums like this!

14 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

Perhaps Brain's take on Josh's original drum parts excluding the cymbals which will be Frank. Then spliced together using a mixture of analog and digital before being mixed on ProTools with LogicProX compression and EQ. I'm really surprised more people don't make albums like this!

What about if they sample Rob Gardner's snare from one of the early live shows and place on top of what they cluster up between Brain, Josh and Francis? Earth shattering.

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

I don't want any more cover versions, live or studio. 

I would gladly accept a studio version of Sailing! Fernando, don't be put off by these comments, if you're reading, just drop me a link via PM! :lol:

16 minutes ago, Dean said:

What about if they sample Rob Gardner's snare from one of the early live shows and place on top of what they cluster up between Brain, Josh and Francis? Earth shattering.

A solid idea that! Digging it. I wonder if we could splice together so chords Tracii Guns played in the studio once and get him in on the action too? 

11 minutes ago, 19AT5 said:

A solid idea that! Digging it. I wonder if we could splice together so chords Tracii Guns played in the studio once and get him in on the action too? 

Only if it's Sex Action. Hell, let's get that re recorded too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1