The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 hours ago, 19AT5 said:

Serious question: what's the general view amongst fans here now... will GNR drop an album this year? 

My default answer is "within 5 years, but not this year". So it's a sliding window with a peak in probability 2-3 years down the road. 

47 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

My default answer is "within 5 years, but not this year". So it's a sliding window with a peak in probability 2-3 years down the road. 

2023 :New Song #1

2026: New Song #2

2028: New Album 

Edited by Sosso

4 minutes ago, Sosso said:

2023 :New Song #1

2026: New Song #2

2028: New Album 

Man... if they did do this, they'd be so fucking old by the time it came out that they'd be in zimmer frames. At the absolute latest 2023 for the entire package. I mean, we've already passed the absolute latest, but theses assholes keep kicking the ball down the road. 2023 would be 15yrs between records, I mean not even Axl can spin that "record labels..." yeah blah, blah Axl the poor multi-millionaire rockstar that's being oppressed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Man... if they did do this, they'd be so fucking old by the time it came out that they'd be in zimmer frames. At the absolute latest 2023 for the entire package. I mean, we've already passed the absolute latest, but theses assholes keep kicking the ball down the road. 2023 would be 15yrs between records, I mean not even Axl can spin that "record labels..." yeah blah, blah Axl the poor multi-millionaire rockstar that's being oppressed.

I was actually optimistic with my timetable. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I was actually optimistic with my Time table. 

Optimistic should be word wiped from the GNR dictionary. Optimistic if we're going there is Oct 2021 single + Video, December album release... I'd almost say they should scrap any plans of new music if they waited until then, you have to at least be able to perform the new music you release🤣 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I think we may hear 'new' music this year (e.g. Hardschool performed live), but i don't think there will be an album until a wider world tour is possible (possibly next year with Europe or the year after).

I guess if they did play a song on this tour that would be something and at least a sign of life. As for the EU tour, I mean they'll have another excuse cooked up by the time that comes along. 

Having said that while it's unusual to start an album cycle in NZ/Oz there's no reason they couldn't kick it off there, they could hit Japan and all the other asian territories while they're around there, take a small break and get ready again for the EU leg and festivals. America is obviously the optimum place to do it, but given GNRs stance on promoting things what difference does it make if they start down under? Anyway we're basically fantasy booking here🤣 

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

If by some miracle CD2 was released by 2014 by old-new-guns, do you think we would have an actual new album by 2030?

Well, we wouldn't be looking at the reunion tour and all of this, but I'd guess that it would have been the final GNR album... regardless of it being loved or hated. I really doubt GNR is going to be around in 2030 to fulfil that dream of more music. I find it hard to imagine Axl at 68 singing any of the GNR songs considering how hard he's struggling at in his late 50s.

• Like 1

To answer my own question, if there's nothing forthcoming this year in terms of either a song performed live or released as a single, or some form of proper confirmation that an album exists, then I don't see it ever happening. Realistically they are past their peak now, and as we've seen from many many many other nostalgia rock bands, it's all too easy to ride that donkey into oblivion! 

• Like 1

Just now, Tom2112 said:

I guess if they did play a song on this tour that would be something and at least a sign of life. As for the EU tour, I mean they'll have another excuse cooked up by the time that comes along. 

Having said that while it's unusual to start an album cycle in NZ/Oz there's no reason they couldn't kick it off there, they could hit Japan and all the other asian territories while they're around there, take a small break and get ready again for the EU leg and festivals. America is obviously the optimum place to do it, but given GNRs stance on promoting things what difference does it make if they start down under? Anyway we're basically fantasy booking here🤣 

It's constant kicking down the road - when nothing happens around the US tour, it's 'oh it will happen in Europe'. When that doesn't happen it will be 'well, they're waiting to do a full world tour, these were clearly just inbetween shows' and so it goes on. And on. 

Each new leg people assume the new album is coming. When it doesn't they just move on to waiting for the next leg. Eventually they get drained, drop off the cycle of expectation and take the stance that there actually isn't a new album. 

I'm quite amazed anyone is still on the cycle of expectation really. It's a definite testament to either human resilience or human naivety, depending on how generous you're being! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's constant kicking down the road - when nothing happens around the US tour, it's 'oh it will happen in Europe'. When that doesn't happen it will be 'well, they're waiting to do a full world tour, these were clearly just inbetween shows' and so it goes on. And on. 

Each new leg people assume the new album is coming. When it doesn't they just move on to waiting for the next leg. Eventually they get drained, drop off the cycle of expectation and take the stance that there actually isn't a new album. 

I'm quite amazed anyone is still on the cycle of expectation really. It's a definite testament to either human resilience or human naivety, depending on how generous you're being! 

You're right, sadly.

Ever since 2009, it's more or less been the same thing. (Since we know they wanted the next album to be in '09 or the following year, per Axl in the chats and a handful of other sources)

We would have heard something by now, if a new album was happening later this year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

More leaks (3 or more songs with vocals) are more likely in the next 12 months than a new album. 

New songs leaking might work wonders to shift tickets for the poorly selling upcoming tour.

Someone needs to leak The General asap :axl:

• Like 1

There is no new album/music, for years folk have been making up stories as to how and when new music will be released (look in the archives).  What we are getting now is it, maybe another tour after this and then it will be goodbye.  No criticism here just observation.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

You're right, sadly.

Ever since 2009, it's more or less been the same thing. (Since we know they wanted the next album to be in '09 or the following year, per Axl in the chats and a handful of other sources)

We would have heard something by now, if a new album was happening later this year. 

Yeah. I really wish I wasn't though! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

There is no new album/music, for years folk have been making up stories as to how and when new music will be released (look in the archives).  What we are getting now is it, maybe another tour after this and then it will be goodbye.  No criticism here just observation.

This could have been posted in 2005, and been equally wrong then. 

• Like 2

Wow it’s been a long time since I posted here and things haven’t changed at all.

At this point, I have no hope or expectations for a new GnR album and, honesty, I think there’s a very slim chance any new music made by this reunion line-up could be any good. Not a fan of anything Slash has released since Contraband, with the exceptions of a few songs like By The Sword, Anastasia, Shots Fired and Not For Me. Chinese Democracy, on the other hand, hasn’t aged well for me, with the top tier songs such as TWAT, CITR and Prostitute still remaining as some of my all time favorite GnR songs but the others faded into tracks I usually skip when they accidentally come on. The rest of the band, including Duff, don’t really have solid songwriting abilities so.. yeah. Low expectations. They seem to have become this weird caricature of themselves with Axl posting every single message replacing “and” with “N’”, Slash turning into some kind of Gene Simmons figure and Team Brazil posting corny shit like the neon “we’re fkn back!” Stuff. 

Sorry guys, just blowing off steam. I mean.. couldn’t they have released a damn single by now? And I see people saying Axl doesn’t wanna disrespect Iron Maiden… guys… for Christ’s Sake. Since GnR’s last album, Iron Maiden has released 2 albums has announced a third one, with Bruce treating cancer in the midst of all this and six live albums, including a movie. Do you really think Iron Maiden would give a shit? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DurhamGirl said:

And what the hell do you know. 

• Like 1